Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-02-2019, 07:55 PM   #21

I ask Progressive (asked for Flo she was busy) why the hikes said it was due to over all claims. I said well in three years I have not had one.
che57vy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 09:10 AM   #22

I switched over to progressive last year. Originally it was around $600/year for mine. The RV stayed the same year over year, but the other insurance for the cars went way up, so we cancelled and went with citizens.

Progressive gives you a discount for the first 6 months for signing up, then jacks the rates and seemed to always have a reason to raise them every 6 months.
foglght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 12:59 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by foglght View Post
I switched over to progressive last year. Originally it was around $600/year for mine. The RV stayed the same year over year, but the other insurance for the cars went way up, so we cancelled and went with citizens.

Progressive gives you a discount for the first 6 months for signing up, then jacks the rates and seemed to always have a reason to raise them every 6 months.
I have always bought a year at a time with Liberty, but I pay every month via direct withdrawal from a checking account.

There is a slight surcharge for this ($2 per month), but the benefit is that if I make a change to the account (or cancel it), I don't have to "settle up", or get a refund, for the remainder of the year. I've done this for years, and it works very well.

The benefit a having a 12 month plan is that there are no "rate surprises" for a whole 12 months, which enables better budget planning.

Frank
Learner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 08:33 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jere Mc View Post
Need some Insurance advice. Have a 2017 29MV GreyHawk. Have had Good Sam Ins since i bought it. In 3 years my premium has gone from $625 to over $1100. Drive @ 2500 miles a year. I have a quote from Progressive for under $400.00. Has anyone had experience with Progressive or advice on another Carrier?
Any advice appreciated.

jere

I have "had" Progressive and "Have" Progressive now thru USAA. I was paying $1700-1900 a year but once I joined USAA and got insurance thru them (Progressive) my bill in now $730 a Year !

Any man can treat a lady right for one night, but it takes a great man to treat her right for the rest of her life.
GrayHawk51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 11:19 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learner View Post
I have always bought a year at a time with Liberty, but I pay every month via direct withdrawal from a checking account.

There is a slight surcharge for this ($2 per month), but the benefit is that if I make a change to the account (or cancel it), I don't have to "settle up", or get a refund, for the remainder of the year. I've done this for years, and it works very well.

The benefit a having a 12 month plan is that there are no "rate surprises" for a whole 12 months, which enables better budget planning.

Frank
Yeah, Citizens is a 12 month plan now. We'll see how it goes after a year. Michigan just passed "insurance reform" and we keep hearing our rates are going down by 40% next year.

Believe it when I see it.
foglght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 07:15 AM   #26

Insurance Question

I had posted last week about insurance on my GreyHawk.
Was going to go with Geico, but after several days of working with them, they suddenly said they could not write the MH by itself. Even though it had been quoted by itself.
Looking at Progressive and Liberty.
Progressive did have the best price, so far.
Will keep you posted.

jere
Jere Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 07:29 AM   #27

Yes I have done a lot of looking when my policy is due and can not find anyone to beat Progressive.
che57vy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 11:47 AM   #28

Thanks
Jere Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 11:54 AM   #29

I have Progressive on my MH and on my motorcycles. Never a problem with a claim and the premium hasnt gone up at all over the 10 years I've had them for the bikes or the 2 years for the MH
trewm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 11:58 AM   #30

Quote:
Need some Insurance advice. Have a 2017 29MV GreyHawk. Have had Good Sam Ins since i bought it. In 3 years my premium has gone from $625 to over $1100. Drive @ 2500 miles a year. I have a quote from Progressive for under $400.00. Has anyone had experience with Progressive or advice on another Carrier?
Any advice appreciated.

jere
I have the same exact RV as you and I have Geico - Pay a little over $400 and this comes with Roadside assistance and campsite insurance. Never had to make a claim, but pricing was right.
brad104805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 12:01 PM   #31

Bundle with your auto and/or homeowners

Bundling is always the cheapest, assuming you are happy with your current auto and/or homeowner's insurance.
I have been ridiculously happy with my Safeco bundle from Hobson https://www.businessquote.com/
They always save me money and are also good at helping me get little extras I may need (example: boat, dock, golf cart, extra building, etc...)
Our Jayco is covered along with our vehicles.
Our umbrella is connected to it along with our homeowners.
daveswanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 12:14 PM   #32

We have used Progressive for our motorhome the last 10 years and have not received any significant rate increases. The claim for a new roof was settled promptly and to our satisfaction. Our home, auto and business is with another company who has raised their rates considerably. A claim is pending is the only reason I have not switched all my insurance to Progressive or some other company.
klinkajv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 12:15 PM   #33

Good sams sells progressive
Abe padgett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 12:30 PM   #34

Quote:
Any advice appreciated.

jere
I have Allstate for all auto, home, and cars and my TT policy is $357/6 months. My TT is a 2018 Jayco Whitehawk 32BHS.
ssilva18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 12:35 PM   #35

Good Sam is an agency and they rep Progressive, Safeco, and NGIC. I had NGIC through them for 4 years and just switched to Progressive (still through Good Sam). Rate went from $922 to $501. You really need to shop every year. Using an agent like Good Sam *should* help. They work on volume, and getting you a better deal and closing it quickly helps them. They also get paid for writing new policies, so be wary of them changing you just for the sake of change. Make sure there is true savings and same coverage.
RobShanVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 12:38 PM   #36

I have had Progressive Ins on my TT for several years. I've never had a claim but if they process their claims as quickly and efficiently as they take my premiums I'm sure I'll be real happy.
jtboney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 12:50 PM   #37

I have progressive thru Good Sam, had it without good Sam for a year, went thru Good Sam and still used progressive and they saved me $290 a year.
Haven’t had to fill a claim as of yet.
2018JaycoWhiteHawk30RLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 12:54 PM   #38

Progressive Insurance

We have used progressive for our Fleetwood Pusher and TT.
Had a flood claim on the Pusher 2 years ago. Was promptly settled. The adjuster was fair and prompt. Did not see any significant increase in cost of coverage, following the claim
Alschief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 01:02 PM   #39

+1 in auto company insurance

Good Sam originally quoted me at $51 a month called my auto insurance, Allstate, got matching coverage with more allowance on inside belongings coverage and pay $17 a month. Call your agent.
Jled82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 01:08 PM   #40
KFM

I have had Good Sam insurance for three years also. Each year when I get my renewal and increased premium, I call them and challenge the increase with the threat of going to another insurance company. I still have the same premium ($469) that i started with. I do the same thing with the credit card I use for everything. Each year when I get a renewal with the annual fee, I call and threaten to cancel card unless they waive the fee. I have only had to cancel one card and get another since doing this (10+ years). No, the credit card does not make interest from us as we pay it off each month, but they receive 3-5% vendor fees from the many places we use.
KFM is offline   Reply With Quote