Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-14-2017, 06:27 PM   #1

PowerGear Electronic Leveler System

Hello All. I have a 2008 Jayco Seneca 35GS. I have never had this problem before. I energized the jacks and all seemed fine. I started the leveling process and the front was not able to extend enough to level the rig. I retracted the jacks. I put blocks under the front jack pads. I don't think this is advisable but I have seen this done by others and I have done this myself. I started the process again and nothing. The control panel lit up showing the front and left were low. When I touched the control pad nothing happened. No jacks extended. It seemed the system was dead although the panel was energized. Any thoughts? I started a new thread a few days ago about losing 110 power. It turned out to be the 12 volt disconnect was accidentally turned off. A quick fix after Memphis02 rattled my brain. It would be great if once again I am making a mountain out of a molehill and I am over thinking the problem. Thanks
Capt. Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 04:51 AM   #2

A couple of times we have had this problem and it has always resulted from pushing multiple buttons on the leveling system too fast. We now adopt the policy of counting to ten between the push of each button. Seems to help. Also, we have had to "reboot" the system a couple of times. Same thing counting to ten between each push of the on and off or other control buttons. My fingers sometimes want to work faster than equipment and my brain can function. ;-)
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 11:33 AM   #3

You can hear the click of the solenoid when the control panel buttons are pushed. I tested the blue wire to the solenoid when the control buttons are pushed. There is power. I then jumped the solenoid and went from the positive lead on solenoid to positive lead on motor. Nothing. I think the motor would be grounded by being bolted to the chassis. Has anyone replaced the motor on a system like this?
Old 07-16-2017, 11:39 AM   #4

The motor has a good ground and is getting 12+ volts at the motor stud. Nothing happens, no hum-buzz. I removed the unit today and am taking it in to a shop Monday morning. Update later.
Old 07-27-2017, 05:35 PM   #5

I took the PowerGear unit in to a DC electronic shop. He said the armature and internals looked brand new. He thought the only possible problem was an internal ground which he made an improvement on. He powered it up and it energized but he could not run it for any length of time because of the hydraulic side. I installed the unit in my rig and once again no go. Also, I forgot to mention in the previous thread that the control panel has the front and left jacks lights illuminated and the jacks down light illuminated. When I push the on-off button the lights stay illuminated and nothing happens. I have to shut the engine off to get rid of the lights. HELP!
Old 08-31-2017, 06:56 PM   #6

I only know of mylci app on the App Store for iPhones. There you can down load the free app that gets you information on troubleshooting the level system. Both Hyd. and electric. Give it a try. I had a system that gave all kinds of trouble.

I once thought that the only thing that worked on an old motor home was the owner. Now I have a new motor home and I was all wrong.

Good luck hope it helps.
Glenn Meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 07:16 PM   #7

Since Lippert bought Kwikee/Power Gear I would call or "e" mail them. Their customer service is 1,000% better than Power Gear's was.