Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-18-2021, 07:25 AM   #21

Jim
Sorry to hear that. I would have never noticed the yellowing but it was driving my wife crazy not being able to get floor clean. She then researched issue on line and got appointment for repair prior to warranty expiration. Not something I would want to do myself or pay someone else to do. Safe travels

Enjoy the journey
Trapper2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 03:20 PM   #22

Visited the dealer today for an unrelated repair.

Told the service manager I wanted to show him something. As we approached the RV I asked if he ever heard of stains appearing on the vinyl floor. He stopped and said "I dont even need to see it. Entegra Odyssey, sooner or later they all will have the problem." He stated they are regularly replacing the floor in EOs. No problem with Jayco and warranty issue.

He stated the floor is replaced and its generally a week and half man-labor job. I take this to mean roughly 60 hours of actual labor.

He took pictures and sent them to Jayco, and filed a "note" with Jayco. Mine will be warranty covered repair once I return home, by my local dealer (away from home right now).
dxrobertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 04:22 PM   #23

Rust spots

That's the glue bleeding up thru the floor. The summer heat helps it along.
I reported this on this forum over a year ago. It happened on my 2020 Entegra Odyssey.
Under warranty, it sat in the shop almost 2 months during the floor replacement. They did a good job though. Don't know if it will last, I sold it.
Jayco KNOWS about this problem. Many units were going thru the shop where I had mine serviced for the same thing.
2022 Entegra Esteem 29V
Meadowlark Paint
jim7489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 09:09 PM   #24

yellow spots on floor

we had the same thing on a 2021 Entegra Odyssey 26D LaMesa RV replaced the entire floor. Guess what the spots have reappeared and the dealer has ignored me. The dealer said it was the wrong glue originally so why has it reappeared
Djoannides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 11:20 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_in_WA View Post
Been following this post. Unfortunately my unit is out of warranty even though the stains manifested themselves last year. Thought it was me but evidently now.

Sent an email to Jayco and was told in no short order that Jayco would not cover the damage.

I replied with links to three threads in this forum.

Got a quick reply saying it went all the way up and they were not going to cover it.

Oh well. Just like I told them in the email reply, "It is not the Jayco I grew up with"

They simply do not care anymore.

JIM
They have grown so big they don't care if they lose the odd customer. They have your money. The end. Customer service is non existent. My dealer tried to sell me extended warranty. Hell, they can't honor the original warranty. Why would I want to be ripped off by buying useless extended warranty. Not impressed by Jayco. My first and LAST purchase from these clowns!
Chestiap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 10:03 AM   #26

Got a response from Jayco and dealer yesterday regarding flexibility on the warranty for the floor and essentially Jayco said no. Probably not a door they want to open. They are saying as my warranty doesn't expire until July 2022, there is plenty of time to get the floor replaced. Dealer wants me to get with them in the spring to get it scheduled. Wish I could get it taken care of now but dealer is 50 miles away and winter is here in Michigan. It does appear to me that if you are under warranty, Jayco is taking care of this. I will post more if anything changes.
RetiredAndFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 01:32 PM   #27

Been a lot of discussions on this topic. Had my 2020 Odyssey floor replaced due to the yellowing, only took about 6 to 7 weeks. They did a good job. Seems the consensus is that it the glue they used. It is bleeding up thru the floor. This was a warranty issue.
Do some searches. I posted about this back in the middle of 2020.
Jim
2022 Entegra Esteem 29V
Meadowlark Paint
Old 12-10-2021, 01:41 PM   #28

Yellow spots

LaMesa RV brought it to our attention during a service call. They said it was the bulge and replaced the entire floor. Only problem is the yellow spots returned and I think there are more of them than before
Old 12-10-2021, 02:30 PM   #29

I don't understand. If it is the glue, why doesn't Jayco change either floor manufacturer or the maker of the glue?

Or, maybe they did with same result?

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 03:01 PM   #30

Jim, you say only took 6 or 7 weeks. I hope it didn't take them that long at the dealer to do it or are you talking the whole process from the dealer looking at it, Jayco approving it, getting it scheduled, to the actual repair. Others I've seen reference a couple weeks.
RetiredAndFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 07:16 PM   #31

Wonder if the root problem is not the glue itself, but the actual vinyl (or whatever) floor material being used that has a negative reaction to common flooring glue.
Old 01-26-2022, 02:17 PM   #32

For those that had their floor fixed by the dealer, could you post some pics of the repair, mainly around cabinets. Was trim used, caulking?

Are the spots REALLY returning after the floor was replaced?

I am scheduled April 1 to have mine done.
Old 01-26-2022, 09:13 PM   #33

rust spots

No rust, glue bleeding up thru floor. The floor needs to be replaced. Mine was covered under warranty. (2020 Odyssey)

Sold unit after and purchased 2022 Esteem 29V.
Had it since last July. Starting to see 'rust' spots.
Guess they used the same glue, same floor.

Jim
2022 Entegra Esteem 29V
Meadowlark Paint
Old 01-26-2022, 09:14 PM   #34

They had it 6 weeks
2022 Entegra Esteem 29V
Meadowlark Paint
Old 03-01-2022, 09:09 PM   #35

Floor replacement

I had the yellowing in my 2020 Odyssey and eventually had the floor replaced under warranty. I started a thread back then on the issue. It's got something to do with the glue or even the vinyl. When I first contacted Jayco they tried to give me a few bucks for a 'rug'. It took a couple months to get it replaced but it looked good.
i then sold the 2020 Spring of 2021 and in July 2021 picked up a 2022 Esteem.

Same floor, same problem, just starting to notice the yellowing.
Going to put in a claim again for a new floor.
2022 Entegra Esteem 29V
Meadowlark Paint
Old 05-03-2022, 10:54 AM   #36

I looked at your pictures and they looked like mine! Thought they were at first. I have 2021 Melbourne. Were you able to get your flooring resolved?
USMC0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 11:54 AM   #37

Flooring yellow spots

The original flooring was replaced by LaMesa RV under warranty. Unfortunately the spots reappeared. I was coming up on the second year of ownership. The spots reappeared and La Mesa got Entegra to agree to a second replacement. It appears the old glue needed to be sanded so as not react with the new flooring hopefully it is now done correctly. So far so good. Thanks Ryan at La Mesa RV in Tucson for taking care of it
Old 05-03-2022, 12:12 PM   #38

I have a few spots...mainly just at the entrance.

I have a grey whitewash kinda color...I don't worry about it
No way was I gunna give them my RV for 2+ months to fix it

Rugs work wonders
Stavman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 02:08 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djoannides View Post
The original flooring was replaced by LaMesa RV under warranty. Unfortunately the spots reappeared. I was coming up on the second year of ownership. The spots reappeared and La Mesa got Entegra to agree to a second replacement. It appears the old glue needed to be sanded so as not react with the new flooring hopefully it is now done correctly. So far so good. Thanks Ryan at La Mesa RV in Tucson for taking care of it
Thats what I understand as well; the flooring needs to be sanded. My 2021 Entegra is going in sometime over next 2 weeks, flooring shipped but not arrived yet. Jayco gave the dealer specific instructions, and insisted the floor must be sanded.
Old 05-04-2022, 12:29 PM   #40

Rust spots

I was one of the first to post on this issue....
The glue bled thru on my 2020 Odyssey 24B. Seems to come out more in the hot weather. Went thru dealer in Florida and the agreed to replace floor. (calling Jayco was no help at first). Got the unit back about 6 weeks later and floor looked good.
Sold it summer of 2021 and purchased new 2022 Esteem 29V. Same floor.
Now Spring 2022 and same problem. I just requested my service rep to put in a request to have this floor replaced.

jim
2022 Entegra Esteem 29V
Meadowlark Paint

Tags
rust