Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-05-2022, 10:00 PM   #1

Rv cover recommendaton

I recently purchased a 32’ cover from my motor home and found it to be too small. I have a 32 greystar class c motorhome. Can someone recommend a decent cover for my unit.
JMARPLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 10:45 PM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to the Forum from Western New York State!

We've had good luck with Adco covers, and now have one from National RV Covers which is only on its second winter here in NYS. So far I like it better, but only time will tell on its longevity.

https://www.adcoprod.com/

https://www.nationalrvcovers.com/

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 09:00 AM   #3

I purchased a KingBird cover from Amazon. It's a decent cover but should be thicker for "5 layers". It's made for a class A but it works pretty good for my 33' Grayhawk. About $300.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

The straps are excellent and nicely spaced out and it includes wheel covers and two giant straps for going completely around the RV, though I didn't use them.

I'm in NC and I cover my RV from Nov-March. I hope to get three years out of it, but we'll see.
Old 02-07-2022, 07:13 PM   #4

I need help putting the cover on mine lol. Bought a cover and boy is it a chore putting it on by myself. I've gotta find a hack.

My problem is I have to park next to my fence and sandwich between my home. No chance at using a ladder.

I thought about laying it out long ways ontop and driving it in and then pulling the stars down but that's my plan n3xt time I try and put it on
29FOOTERJAYCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 07:28 PM   #5

If you can swing it, consider an RV shed. We finally had one put up, 16x44, for about $6k two years ago. Seems our covers would last 2 season and the wind would eventually get the best of it, and we did not buy cheap ones, probably not the most expensive either, but they had good reviews. Very happy with the shed. It’s next to the pole barn and matches it very nicely.
2012 Jayco 32 BHDS: Long Gone
2007 R-Vision 25: Long Long Gone
1965 Frolic Cabover: My First RV
Bugzilla46310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 07:35 PM   #6

Yea, after my first couple of runs I may go that route. The only thing is my neighbors house is right on the other side if the wall. Lol I guess there is probably no city code
Old 02-07-2022, 08:14 PM   #7

The only hack I ever figured out was paying 2 17 year old kids... We had a cover for our smaller 21 footer and it was a royal pain. Toss in any wind, and it was darned near impossible.

We decided to forego the cover for our 32 footer.
Old 02-07-2022, 08:21 PM   #8

I know, it's like.... snag in the Ac.... snag on the satalite... snag on the sharp corner lol
Old 02-07-2022, 08:24 PM   #9
Site Team

We do have a ladder on the back of our TT. I tie a rope around the cover bundle, and go up on the roof with the end of the rope, then pull it up. They do seem to get heavier every year.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 07:24 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29FOOTERJAYCO View Post
I need help putting the cover on mine lol. Bought a cover and boy is it a chore putting it on by myself. I've gotta find a hack.

My problem is I have to park next to my fence and sandwich between my home. No chance at using a ladder.

I thought about laying it out long ways ontop and driving it in and then pulling the stars down but that's my plan n3xt time I try and put it on
I have on rare occasions gently moved my covered trailer a short distance in my yard to facilitate an unexpected home repair or something similar.

I release the straps adjacent to the the wheels and rolled the cover up and held it with a spring clamp. I made sure no other straps would bind or get caught on anything and veryslowly and gently moved the trailer out of its winter resting space and then back. It is a bit tedious but maybe you could cover it in a spot just outside of where you are are going to park it and then ease it into its spot??
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 07:28 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post
We do have a ladder on the back of our TT. I tie a rope around the cover bundle, and go up on the roof with the end of the rope, then pull it up. They do seem to get heavier every year.
That's what I do and man you are so right about the weight gain! I do prefer to work alone when covering though. I have developed a system and sometimes when the DW tries to help its worse than when she tries to spot me backing into a site...
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 10:11 AM   #12

I have a brand new in the box cover that fits my 30x which is 32.5’ overall. If you are interested.
Dhardy193 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rv cover help