Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-24-2020, 04:40 PM   #1

RV Warranty Forever

Our Class C came with an "RV Warranty Forever" in addition to the manufacturer's warranty. Has anyone had any experience with this warranty program they care to share? There is an annual inspection required to maintain the warranty from year to year that runs about $300.
Dynamo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 05:12 PM   #2
Site Team

Although some extended warranties can be beneficial, it's best to read ALL the fine print before committing to it. you might google "RV Warranty Forever", and see what comes up. As always, if it seems too good to be true, it is.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 05:31 PM   #3

Think about it, how could they afford to protect your RV forever.. either the cost is extremely high, or the real coverage is really low...as said, check out the fine print.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 06:11 PM   #4

I am quite sure that $300 inspection is going to uncover some $500-$1,000 maintenance that you have to have or the Forever Warranty is void. Every year.
eeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 06:25 PM   #5
CAG

Just a quick search but what I turned up is that you have to have an annual inspection, each year you own the RV. That is probably a good thing, unless the inspection turns up a problem, then you pay for it. It might work out if something goes in the next 12 months but if not, then another $300 or whatever the inspection is and they find another problem developing so you pay for that.

Much like Dave Ramsey, and Consumer Reports suggest, forget extended warranties. They are money makers for the dealer or the insurance companies. Or both.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 06:43 PM   #6

Read the fine print and let us know.
Old 03-24-2020, 07:16 PM   #7

oh... what a scam!

This is ALL they cover in suspension !!!

WHAT YOUR LIMITED WARRANTY COVERS
1. SUSPENSION COMPONENTS: Leaf and coil springs, shackles and bushings, and rubber suspension springs.

Read the rest of it... It barely covers anything in the Motorhome.
https://www.dixierv.com/wp-content/u...fitBooklet.pdf
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 08:18 PM   #8

I appreciate all the thoughts. Sounded like a fluffy sales tactic. Just wondered if anyone had any claims experience with these folks. Be safe in your travels—especially these days.
Dynamo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 09:40 PM   #9

Forever warranty

Just a lil information. We have a Jayco Greyhawk 29mv and we do have the forever warranty. We use a private shop that is certified to work on jayco rv's to do our regular work and forever warranty. It has to be brought in once a year to do the inspection and if it isn't brought in the warranty will be void. It covers ac, heater, hot water heater, all appliances and a lot of other items. It's covered 100 percent parts and labor. Dixie rv offers this when you purchase from them NOT JAYCO but the warranty is covered through a private warranty company. It's basicaly a sales pitch to get you to buy from them which is a good deal if you keep up with the yearly inspection. Hope this information helps you make the right decision. DADA
Dada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 04:55 AM   #10

The average trailer will not need $3000 worth of parts in the first 10 years. They're making money selling the plan. Also, they buy the parts wholesale, not retail if any are ever needed.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:42 AM   #11

We were offered this warranty option when we bought our class c last summer. After quick review we declined. There is no free lunch. Never forget if it sounds to good to be true it is. Dealers offer these warranties because it is a money maker for them. If they were loosing money they would not offer. Just like car warranty. Typical mark up is 100%. Big dealer profits. Take care

Enjoy the journey
Trapper2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 07:44 AM   #12

if mark up was only 100% it would be cheaper the markup is closer to 500%. SO if you actually keep your rig for 10 years (unlikely but possible) the things that need to be fixed will most likely be "wear items". Think about it all the appliances in your RV cost less than $3000. If you end up with a structural issue like a leak in the roof i could see it being useful. Everyone has their own level of risk/reward. They obviously sell them.. The other catch can be the "forever" most depreciating items have a lifetime limit.. example hottub.. covered forEVER! until you read that the LIFETIME of a hottub is 5 years so at year 6 the "lifetime" warranty is over.

and the ol' if you don't have it inspected or it becomes null and void makes it an obvious money maker for someone....
curver900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 12:31 PM   #13

Purchased a class A Georgetown from a national dealership in Las Vegas,NV and got the Forever Warranty. I will not buy from them again. For me the annual inspection cost was only $100.00. The problem is getting them to repair something in a timely manner. I was always 2 months out. Its a sales pitch and it seems like a good thing just as long as you will always live near one of their dealerships.
Hoss45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 12:38 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo65 View Post
Our Class C came with an "RV Warranty Forever" in addition to the manufacturer's warranty. Has anyone had any experience with this warranty program they care to share? There is an annual inspection required to maintain the warranty from year to year that runs about $300.
We have a car dealer Here in South Florida that offers a warranty forever. But you must maintain your vehicle and have proof of maintenance. Some even offer tires for the life of your car as long as you keep it aligned at certain intervals, balance etc.

As for a warranty like that for an RV, if it sounds to good, well you know the rest! I agree with others, read the fine print!
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 12:46 PM   #15

When I bought a trailer, the dealer offered me a lifetime warranty.... but the roof was NOT included. Of course, I turned it all down.
Old 04-01-2020, 01:07 PM   #16

Don't worry about it. We have a two year warranty that has six months left anad already Jayco is denying claims.
Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 01:14 PM   #17

I also thought these forever warranties were just from the dealership where you bought the unit. So if you move 500 miles from home it is useless. Correct!
msubobcatsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 01:43 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomson View Post
Don't worry about it. We have a two year warranty that has six months left anad already Jayco is denying claims.
I’m curious, what sort of claims are they denying? I just took my red hawk in to have photographs taken of the decals on both front passenger and driver door. They are bubbling up. It’s still under the warranty But with all the craziness going on the dealer told me Jayco has a skeleton crew working and it’s getting tougher and tougher to get things approved in a timely fashion.
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 02:04 PM   #19

The window frame fell off during our last trip and the vinyl is peeling off the particle board on the bathroom sink counter for starters. We have had over 47 failures. Some several times like radio and furnace. BTW the dealer has been exceptional. They found things like a weak battery, bad propane regulator, and hoses.
Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 06:08 PM   #20

I have an RV forever warranty on my 2016 Seneca. It came with my unit when I purchased used. I got a good deal on my unit and this was baked into cost. It already paid for 2 new air conditioners last summer. Was July 4th weekend almost 100 deg in VA and I had a mobile tech install both of them. Both had Freon leaks. If you are getting a good sell price and dealer is willing to include it I believe it is a good deal. This plan is “forever” till you get to about $10k in repairs. And as others stated you have to do the annual. I have an independent tech do mine for about $200 bucks and it is good to get inspected. All in saved me $2500 bucks so far! Love It! Doesn’t cover everything but does cover quite a few expensive items.
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote