Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-05-2020, 06:22 PM   #21

Not all Camping Worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by garywilson View Post
I priced mine out of state, then local dealer matched the price.

When I returned for service less than a year later, they were not helpful at all. Service manager 'forgot', then 'forgot' again, then said they don't sell that brand anymore. The extended warranty was useless.

I had to go to the manufacturer for what I needed. Sending him (CEO) an email detailing the communications with the dealer over a period of several months, manu sent the parts no charge. I got the word from the company's head customer service guy who had refused to assist other than to sell me the parts.
Since then I do my own work on it, but... when I was on the road I stopped by camping world for an issue. They worked on it immediately as was their policy for folks that were from out of town on a trip.

Chevrolet did the same thing for me. Took me to a car rental agency Friday afternoon after determining issue. Had the part overnighted to another town and drove 60 miles for the part Saturday morning, installed and returned vehicle to me on Saturday. I was down for less than 24 hours.

Several dealers that are months behind will move to the front of the line someone passing through.

Sort of like the difference between a doctor office visit and the hospital.
I purchased our Jayco from CW and the service at that dealer (near Denver) was terrible. Had a problem in Texas and stopped at a dealer and they told me two months to get it in. Evidently their policy wasn't to help someone passing through in a timely manner. Totally disappointed with Camping World!
Old 02-05-2020, 06:31 PM   #22

RV one is terrible

Bought a new entegra accolade from rvone in Myrtle Beach camped down the road that night.Found a crack in the window in the overhead cab, went back the next morning and the service tech confirmed the crack. Now they don't think it's a crack and now the slide floor is damaged from the metal strip coming loose from the interior floor. I can't get the service manager to call me back.
jack4540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 07:32 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack4540 View Post
Bought a new entegra accolade from rvone in Myrtle Beach camped down the road that night.Found a crack in the window in the overhead cab, went back the next morning and the service tech confirmed the crack. Now they don't think it's a crack and now the slide floor is damaged from the metal strip coming loose from the interior floor. I can't get the service manager to call me back.
Call Jayco and talk to them. When we bought the Accolade we were concerned about our dealer's service. Jayco told me I can go anywhere and they would even work with me to find another service center. So far my dealer is doing ok but we'll see where it goes. I am taking the coach to Middlebury in April for a slide issue that my dealer cannot handle because they do not have the ability to remove the slide for shimming and thhey don't have a paint shop to repaint the graphics after the slide is raised about 1/2 inch.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 08:13 PM   #24

Hi,

So after buying in one place and needing service locally, I would say that it is not a good plan unless you are saving a LOT of money. For me, knowing what I know now, I would pay as much as $3500-5000 more to have bought it locally.

Once you think in terms of spending over $50k and then, say, the difference between say 62K and 67K....I would have rather paid the extra...

It's just a pain in the butt to not have the local dealer's heart in it. We're getting service. But, it's slower than you could ever imagine, and you have to constantly push and call.

Further, I'm not sure I'd even buy Jayco again. The quality of the part they built (the coach, not the Ford chassis), has left a lot to be desired including:

Refrigerator - DOA
Cabinets - Brand new, installed crooked
And 7 other things right out of the factory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim7489 View Post
This is news to me but maybe it is just they way RV dealers work.

I will be purchasing a Jayco/Entegra product later this week from a dealer in another state, about 4 hrs from me.
RVOne is a Jayco/Entegra dealer that is only about an hour from me so I called to see 'if I have a problem under warranty' would they work on my new unit.
The service tech asked of I purchased it there and I said no. He said they prefer to service the RV's that are purchased at RVOne.
I 'might' be able to get in at a later date months from now.

Is that the way it works ? Does Jayco condone this ?
Chrisogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 08:31 PM   #25
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancd141 View Post
In retrospect I should have bought it from my local dealer and paid a little more
Johnson's, Wilkin's or Meyer's?

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 08:38 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Call Jayco and talk to them. When we bought the Accolade we were concerned about our dealer's service. Jayco told me I can go anywhere and they would even work with me to find another service center. So far my dealer is doing ok but we'll see where it goes. I am taking the coach to Middlebury in April for a slide issue that my dealer cannot handle because they do not have the ability to remove the slide for shimming and thhey don't have a paint shop to repaint the graphics after the slide is raised about 1/2 inch.
I talked to jayco, they have approved the window replacement back in January but rvone hasn't ordered it and they haven't heard from about the slide.
Old 02-05-2020, 09:49 PM   #27
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisogg View Post
So after buying in one place and needing service locally, I would say that it is not a good plan unless you are saving a LOT of money. For me, knowing what I know now, I would pay as much as $3500-5000 more to have bought it locally.

Once you think in terms of spending over $50k and then, say, the difference between say 62K and 67K....I would have rather paid the extra...
Actually, paying more because you want to buy local is NO guarantee you're going to get good service. It's really hit or miss if the local dealer is any good, based on the majority of the reporting here.

The majority of dealers are more focused on SALES, not Service. Coming from a technical product service industry, I noticed this when shopping for a rig. I'm made the decision to pound the local dealer on prices, knowing that I would probably never bring the rig back to them.

By gaining a few extra thousands off, I built up a cushion of dollars, and I fix most things myself. In the rare case I need help, I'll just call a mobile tech to come out.

The fact that a dealer sits on a rig for multiple weeks or months before fixing issues is the WORST customer service! Why RV owners even put up with that B.S. is beyond me...

In reality, the best thing anyone can do is learn how to fix their issues themselves. Youtube is a great reference, as is this forum. Your blood pressure and stress level will appreciate it!
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 03:04 AM   #28

I didn't say I am a 'fan' of CW, just saying I used them once when I was on the road and was ok with them.
I tried using the dealer I got my TT from and got no service, but the manufacturer made it good on parts.
I'm not looking forward to the time something comes up that I can't fix myself.
garywilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 08:33 AM   #29

Just bought a rv from rvone also. Besides the problems with the sales side i would not recommend their service either. They created more problems for me because of lack of training they have. The key is to find a Jayco authorized dealer that wants your business even though you did not buy from them. They will treat you great. I was lucky l found RCDRV in Ohio that is fixing my rig from the damage created from RVONE. Great service Great communication. Best of luck.
bill obenour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 08:36 AM   #30

Had the same problem with the same dealer.
bill obenour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 09:29 AM   #31

Bill Pelmmons is a jayco dealer near me ,I'm calling them and see if they do warranty work .
Old 02-06-2020, 10:05 AM   #32

Send a message via AIM to Fleetman Send a message via MSN to Fleetman
Nearest Jayco dealer to me is 10 miles. It's a Camping World rip-off joint just like most Camping World joints. Didn't buy mine there, bought out of state. Fortunately, I am mechanically and somewhat electrically handy so don't usually need to take to RV maintenance shop. I do however have a local RV repair center within 20 miles who is certified by Jayco to do warranty work.

On a side note; when you purchase new, negotiate the warranty to extend for the amount of downtime you incur for warranty work. Sometime your unit may be in the shop for months while your warranty clock keeps on ticking.

2017 North Point 315RLST
2012 F250 Lariat 2WD 6.7 diesel
Fleetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 10:08 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
When all is said and done that us usually the best option. Find a repair shop you like. There are nationwide evaluations you can search. Ask Jayco for permission to use them. You will have to have the repair authorize and you will probably have to pay and then be reimbursed by Jayco.

Most of these shops can do warranty work on any of the appliances, air conditioners etc and they go directly to that company. They don't need Jayco's ok for that.

Don't go to Camping World unless you are a glutton for punishment.
This was my experience as well. My local dealer on two different warranty work occasions advised 2 months until I could even drop off my Greyhawk for work. No telling how much longer it would have taken to actually make the repairs.

Jayco advised I could go to a local (closer) reseller who did service, rented RVs and sold on consignment. ProRV in Colleyville, TX, just FYI. They got Jayco approval of their estimates, did the work and I paid them, filing the invoice back to Jayco who repaid me.

Frankly, now that my Jayco warranty has just expired, I will continue to use them. Nice people, fair prices (comparably speaking) and much closer and faster than my dealer, Vogt RV.
Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
--
Click_here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 10:33 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Click_here View Post
This was my experience as well. My local dealer on two different warranty work occasions advised 2 months until I could even drop off my Greyhawk for work. No telling how much longer it would have taken to actually make the repairs.

Jayco advised I could go to a local (closer) reseller who did service, rented RVs and sold on consignment. ProRV in Colleyville, TX, just FYI. They got Jayco approval of their estimates, did the work and I paid them, filing the invoice back to Jayco who repaid me.

Frankly, now that my Jayco warranty has just expired, I will continue to use them. Nice people, fair prices (comparably speaking) and much closer and faster than my dealer, Vogt RV.
Colleyville isn't far from me... was there a long wait?
Old 02-06-2020, 10:40 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by garywilson View Post
Colleyville isn't far from me... was there a long wait?
There is never any wait to drop off. The first time we used Pro RV, Vogt said two months to even get an appointment and Pro RV actually did the work in under two weeks total, no waiting at all.

This last time it took longer, but they had to order parts from Jayco for the recall on the leveling system but still it was all done in under a month.

Ask for Bo or James in service. Pretty good guys. They also did my once a year inspection for our lifetime (limited) warranty for $120.
Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
--
Click_here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 11:08 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Click_here View Post
There is never any wait to drop off. The first time we used Pro RV, Vogt said two months to even get an appointment and Pro RV actually did the work in under two weeks total, no waiting at all.

This last time it took longer, but they had to order parts from Jayco for the recall on the leveling system but still it was all done in under a month.

Ask for Bo or James in service. Pretty good guys. They also did my once a year inspection for our lifetime (limited) warranty for $120.
Thank you, Keith.
Old 02-06-2020, 01:35 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredOne View Post
Actually, paying more because you want to buy local is NO guarantee you're going to get good service. It's really hit or miss if the local dealer is any good, based on the majority of the reporting here.

The majority of dealers are more focused on SALES, not Service. Coming from a technical product service industry, I noticed this when shopping for a rig. I'm made the decision to pound the local dealer on prices, knowing that I would probably never bring the rig back to them.

By gaining a few extra thousands off, I built up a cushion of dollars, and I fix most things myself. In the rare case I need help, I'll just call a mobile tech to come out.

The fact that a dealer sits on a rig for multiple weeks or months before fixing issues is the WORST customer service! Why RV owners even put up with that B.S. is beyond me...

In reality, the best thing anyone can do is learn how to fix their issues themselves. Youtube is a great reference, as is this forum. Your blood pressure and stress level will appreciate it!
My dealer will not sit on your coach. On the day of your appointment they will verify the issues and then send you home, with your rig, to await the authorization and parts. When they get the authorization and parts shipment notification they call and make the follow-up appointment. On that date you take the rig in, they perform the work and then you take the coach home. In rare cases they may have to keep the rig overnight because of the time to perform the repairs or install parts.

If you elect to drop the coach off for repair and then do not pick it up after 3 days they start charging storage.

My next appointment for warranty work is Feb 19 which is when they will install a couple parts coming in and verify a couple issues to get authorization for the repair.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 04:57 PM   #38

At lot of owners take their rv to a dealer for items that are covered by the maker of the item like Coleman, Onan etc. Call the company and a lot of times they will direct you to one of there service centers who usually are a lot better the an rv dealer. I had a problem with my generator on my Jayco took it to Onan not the rv dealer.
putz is offline   Reply With Quote