Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-29-2019, 08:12 PM   #21

Cool, good luck with it. I did end up replacing it with a Kenwood DNX875S, new speakers in the doors and ceiling, a subwoofer under the passenger, and a Kenwood dash cam. I picked that radio as it provides everything the Soundstream did. I can listen to the tv on the speakers, it has a DVD player, my speakers work outside, has GPS, and is capacitive versus resistive touch. And I went with Kenwood as I really like the sound- which it sounds really, really good. I had Eastcoast Motorsports in St Mary's, GA do the work. Here are a few pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0661.jpg   IMG_0663.jpg   IMG_0665.jpg   IMG_0666.jpg  
eeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 04:51 AM   #22

Thanks, any mods. Needed to make it fit orwas it just a one for one replacement
cherv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 05:06 AM   #23

You can't really use the term one for one for a radio. There's really two sizes in radios- and this is a double DIN. The main reason you can't say that is wiring. As far as that goes, it needed a skilled installer to figure it out. I did ask about it, and he said it was pretty easy, as far as wiring went. I am pretty skilled with wiring but it was much easier paying someone to take three hours versus spending all day or weekend doing it myself.
Also- you notice the black rings on the speakers- those had to be custom created as there was a beam that ran east-west in the RV and the speakers wouldn't fit. So the installers make those to gain clearance.
eeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 05:38 AM   #24

Thanks for all the info,
cherv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 12:30 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by shw View Post
OK, bought a 2019 melborne class c--has a vrn-65HXB soundstream in it--lasted about 6 days and zap no power, no display, no nada. checked ALL of the fuses, the RV and the radio (2), and still nothing--any ideas???
shw
Not at all happy with soundstream GPS - not RV friendly - just bought a class A and there is no where to put vehicle profile, propane, RV camp grounds ect. It is only good for a radio and back up camera to dangerous to rely on for traveling - no vehicle height warning and bridge weight
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 08:01 PM   #26

Gave up with dealing with the Soundstream VRN-65HXB and its glitches! Really disappointed Jayco put this in as the factory system in our 2 month old 2019 Greyhawk Prestige 29MVP. I am convinced the best thing to do is to replace the unit with something that actually works on my dime. Looked at lots of options and decided to go with a standalone Garmin RV770 for GPS and a Kenwood Excelon DDX595 for DVD and multimedia. Both are pretty solid products based on reviews. This Kenwood is a discontinued 2018 model that is heavily discounted on E-bay. Was able to get mine for $215. Good bye Soundstream!
dergar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 04:09 PM   #27
shw

looks good, clean and hopefully, no issues---the warranty guy could not fix it--jayco is going to send me another soundstream HXB to get installed---oh well, like someone else posted, hopefully it will last a little longer than 1 month.
shw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 12:15 PM   #28

Soundstream vrn65hxb

Sadly, for most of the Soundsteam owners, they are notorious for failing after excessive heat exposure. I am shocked that Jayco went with these units. I guess that they got sucked in by Soundstream.
KDMaxximous66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 12:36 PM   #29

Had a similar issue with our 30x greyhawk. Under thr power/volume knob is a small reset button. I keep a paperclip near now, because of need to reset frequently. Hope that works for you.
mcadeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 02:35 PM   #30

I have a 2016 23RLSW travel trailer. Came with a Furrion stereo, DVD player.

P.O.S. Went bad in the 1st 3 months. Replaced under warranty.

Why Jayco and all these other builders use the cheapest crap they can find is beyond me.

I would gladly pay extra for a quality unit like Kenwood, Pioneer, or Sony installed from the factory.

For those with class A's or C's and thinking of replacing a unit, Crutchfield is a great place to purchase, and excellent customer service.

https://www.crutchfield.com/m_266150/Car-Stereos.html
Wireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 03:23 PM   #31

Quote:
OK, bought a 2019 melborne class c--has a vrn-65HXB soundstream in it--lasted about 6 days and zap no power, no display, no nada. checked ALL of the fuses, the RV and the radio (2), and still nothing--any ideas???
shw
When we picked up our 2019 29mv c-class the Soundstream didn’t work. The service guy searched for blown fuses and finally found the culprit under the vehicle in the house battery compartment. Hope this works for you. Good luck.
Snapchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 04:59 PM   #32

I’m afraid to do the upgrade! My question is why when I buy a new GPS this or something else they are years out of date but brand new ��
Patchesrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 05:29 PM   #33

Between 2018 and 2019 there was significant cost cutting in the Greyhawk line. loot looks like similar cost cutting took place in other lines as well. The Garmin Fusion infotainment system was discontinued and the Soundstream used. The keypad door lock was discontinued for a simpler key operated lock. The motorized TV wall mount discontinued for a simple manual swing out unit. Mid model year the power seats were discontinued. The price was also increased! Disappointing.
Snapchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 02:17 PM   #34
shw

Well—on the radio-amplifier was ....shot! JAYCO will only send us a same🤮 replacement. So...we are going to “accept the 💩—and buy our own (re-install when we trade it in).
shw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 03:15 PM   #35

Like my missing keyless entry system that I will have to buy! Jayco better not bring it back on 2020 models
Patchesrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 07:16 PM   #36

This radio seems to be the weak spot of the entire RV. Hate it!!!! Does not really bother me too much as I'm going to use my cell phone nav anyway. The nav screen on the sound stream is unresponsive to touch. I dont know why but I'm guessing the nav is as good as the rest of its functions so I'm not gonna miss it. It's just a shame they'd put such crap in an otherwise beautiful RV.
rndsommer40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 05:01 PM   #37

Quote:
.... (instead of R it types a RRRRRRRRRR)-....
That is the Pirate speech mode!

I recently upgraded the GPS/Stereo unit in our 31FS. The original clarion unit was a total pos and I replaced it with a Pioneer AVIC-W8400NEX DVD Receiver. What an improvement! The GPS function allows you to pick vehicle types (no RV, but a "BUS" is pretty close) and then enter the height and length. The stereo is awesome and the display is gorgeous. I added a new GPS antenna, and the Sirius XM tuner as well. We are very pleased.https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/P.../AVIC-W8400NEX
Scoutmaster253 is offline   Reply With Quote