Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-02-2022, 12:09 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewingcybermom View Post
I've got something for you to solve for me before I take a shotgun to this thing. We've had this rig, 2016 31FK for 5 years. Went camping this past weekend and BACKED into our site. silence. We get home, back into our driveway and out of nowhere, this annoying LOUD chime kicks in for the entirety of our reverse into our 200 foot driveway. SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME FIGURE OUT WHERE THE HELL THIS NOISE CAME FROM! It has never sounded before today. Someone has to know how to shut this off. Nothing on, no radio, no gps, no bluetooth hooked up when it happened. I just went out and recorded this video to see if it would still do it. Yep. both without engine on and with. What the holy hell?

I believe it is being caused by the Jensen 9000 radio that was installed in March. I couldn't even hear myself think while trying to navigate into our driveway yesterday.
Update: I went out to see if it still did it, and now when I use the fob to unlock the doors, while looking inside, the radio flicks on for a second, shows the backup camera view, goes off, and the darn chime starts. Now I don't even have to have it in reverse to hear it. Anyone got a clue?
I tried to upload a video, but couldn't.
We have the Big foot levelers also, bouncing on a bumpy freeway thru Denver, our big foot panel went off, I pulled over, hit the emergency retract button and it stopped. Called the mfg company and they told me if they bounce a little it could send the levelers into a false down mode. BUT….l.l they beep they don’t chime. Unless in newer years they have changed the beep to a chime.
Retired mountain folk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 12:27 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired mountain folk View Post
BUT….l.l they beep they don’t chime. Unless in newer years they have changed the beep to a chime.
You're right, it is a beep.
Old 07-02-2022, 04:10 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewingcybermom View Post
I've got something for you to solve for me before I take a shotgun to this thing. We've had this rig, 2016 31FK for 5 years. Went camping this past weekend and BACKED into our site. silence. We get home, back into our driveway and out of nowhere, this annoying LOUD chime kicks in for the entirety of our reverse into our 200 foot driveway. SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME FIGURE OUT WHERE THE HELL THIS NOISE CAME FROM! It has never sounded before today. Someone has to know how to shut this off. Nothing on, no radio, no gps, no bluetooth hooked up when it happened. I just went out and recorded this video to see if it would still do it. Yep. both without engine on and with. What the holy hell?

I believe it is being caused by the Jensen 9000 radio that was installed in March. I couldn't even hear myself think while trying to navigate into our driveway yesterday.
Update: I went out to see if it still did it, and now when I use the fob to unlock the doors, while looking inside, the radio flicks on for a second, shows the backup camera view, goes off, and the darn chime starts. Now I don't even have to have it in reverse to hear it. Anyone got a clue?
I tried to upload a video, but couldn't.
We had a '16 Winnebago Aspect on the Ford E450 platform that had similar issue. It was not covered well( if at all?) in the manual. I believe it's coming from the Parking Brake. Ours did it on our way back to Maine. We stopped at Wickenburg, AZ Ford, the SM did a quick diagnosis but could not take it in. Apparently, if the PB shoes get too far from the drum (it's on the drive shaft) there is this warning chime. It self corrected later that drive, so we never took to the Ford shop. Additionally, it knocked out the ability to use Cruse Control = PIA. While this explanation sounds strange it will relieve you from using the "Low Brass" option! Hope it helps. (Sold the Aspect and Wrangler and now tug a Jayco 24RL TT with a Ram 1500.)
Dozzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 08:15 AM   #24

Be systematic with figuring out where it's coming from.

Pull the fuse for the radio, then see if it the chime occurs
Pull the fuse from the bigfoot and retry.

etc.

Once you are certain of the offending system, it should hopefully be easier to determine the cause and fix (whether it be exercising your 2A rights in the dash or replacing the offending system etc )
Old 07-08-2022, 04:27 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murff View Post
Gotta have some fun, here!

Murff
Just plain dumb.
KHabie is offline   Reply With Quote