Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-20-2022, 09:06 PM   #1

Tire inflator

I have 2018 Jayco Redhawk 22j and would like to know what is the best portable tire inflator to get for it. Thanks
Frank G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 09:18 PM   #2

I've had the combination battery charger tire inflator for years. I just purchased a Viair and love it. No more waiting 10 minutes to fill up a few pounds on a cold day. The other problem was that if I did happen to have to jump a battery, I couldn't use the compressor without charging the unit. The Viair works off my TV battery, or the TT battery if hooked to shore power. It fills tires fast, and, in the case the I ever need to completly fill a flat tire, it will fill it without having to rest. Wish I would have known about this before I bought the combo charger/compressor. In addition, the Viair is quiet so I don't have to feel bad if I need to add pressure in order to leave early in the a.m.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 11:13 PM   #3

I use DeWalt power tools and carry them with me. I looked all over for a good inflator. I ended up settling on the DeWalt inflator as it uses the same batteries I already carry, it has an option to blow up pool and river toys, and does not require any access to a 12V or 120V power outlet, though both are optional sources. It's more expensive than many options, that is the biggest down side.

Just screw it in to the stem, set the pressure and press go.
2 kids
1 dog
jb7706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 11:22 PM   #4

Here we go again! There are lots of threads on this topic; here’s the most recent one…
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...use-93325.html
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 06:39 AM   #5

I also have a 2018 j22. Last year I bought the Viair 300 something. It has a coupler for the hose attachment, not permanent hose attachment. I also have a jeep wrangler as my tow so I needed something incase I wanted to lower the tire pressure on it. I have not used it yet on the RV but I did have to include a separate hose with long duel side chuck to reach in to the rear duel wheels
Old 03-21-2022, 08:48 AM   #6
CAG

OH No! Not again.
The current running thread on this subject is still warm. Please use the search feature at the top of the page before asking some of these questions. I am not trying to be snarky but this subject is covered every month with pages of the same comments from the same people. Most of us thought that horse was dead at least for awhile. And I do note that this was posted before but it needs to be repeated-several times

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...use-93325.html

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote