Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-18-2022, 08:29 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by artie p View Post
Speaking of the controllers, my dealer said it or they are in the wardrobe closet behind some mysterious panel. Apparently they called Jayco and were given the info. I had the slide out yesterday, looked in the closet and didn't see anything obvious. Can you provide a little more information? Thank you and everyone else who have been posting on this issue as well as the stupid placement of the filter. And yes, I did get the drawer out with great difficulty. Insane. Art
Art,
The slide controller in the 24B is mounted to the floor under the wardrobe. To access it, you have to remove the metal grate located below the drawers and to the right of the fuses/breakers. Once removed, the controller should be on the floor in a rat's nest of wiring. To the right of the controller, close to the driver's side wall will be your water filter. To access that you'll need to remove the lower right drawer. It's a ridiculous design.
Hilltopper9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 09:08 PM   #22

What Hiltopper said except mine was mounted behind the grate, on the wall the grate is attached to. You would need to stick your head in and crane your neck to see it. There is lots of wire so I moved mine to the back wall behind the left set of drawers. I attached it to the wall with double sticky tape. I only need to remove a drawer to access it.

I found that the best way to access this area is to remove one or both of the left drawers. The grate and right drawers are blocked by the bed pedestal... Also, the grate in my 2022 is wood.
ScoobyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 09:52 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherv View Post
Hi, same situation with our 2019 redhawk 22j. No filter in canister when we picked up the unit and i do not plan to put one in. Use 25psi to blow out the lines for winterizing including the water filter housing too. Then pump in rv antifreeze. Use external filter connected to hose..
I’ve seen it posted that people put a water bottle in the empty housing to take up space thus using less antifreeze. Another option is to remove the filter housing completely and replacing with a 1/2x6 pvc nipple.
HB Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 01:00 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilltopper9 View Post
Art,
The slide controller in the 24B is mounted to the floor under the wardrobe. To access it, you have to remove the metal grate located below the drawers and to the right of the fuses/breakers. Once removed, the controller should be on the floor in a rat's nest of wiring. To the right of the controller, close to the driver's side wall will be your water filter. To access that you'll need to remove the lower right drawer. It's a ridiculous design.

When my lower right had drawer was out along with the slide, I operated the slide and saw a bright flashing red light. Low and behold the controller is mounted above the grate between the two lower drawers. You need to be a contortionist in order to read a code let along hitting the button to deactivate the controller if the slide is out and won't come back in. Gotta get it off the wood and mount it onto something else that is accessible. As for the water filter, the unit is still winterized from the factory. No filter in there but we have a fresh cartridge in install. I noticed shut off valves on each side of the cartridge. Interesting. Thank you.
artie p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 10:26 AM   #25

I moved my filter to the storage hatch - near the valve switches. Im not proud of the Pex running in front of the filter, but I ran out of 90's. I ordered a sheet of 1/16"x12"x24" ABS im going to heat form a tray to prevent drips running in to the coach while changing the element.
Attached Thumbnails
thumbnail_IMG_3046.jpg  
srt5321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 11:02 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by srt5321 View Post
I moved my filter to the storage hatch - near the valve switches. Im not proud of the Pex running in front of the filter, but I ran out of 90's. I ordered a sheet of 1/16"x12"x24" ABS im going to heat form a tray to prevent drips running in to the coach while changing the element.
If it works who cares, it looks fine. I got rid of mine on my 29xk and just use the inline filters, because it was impossible to get to and it needs to be filled with antifreeze when it's winterized
Old 04-24-2022, 11:54 AM   #27
Site Team

If it were mine, I would add another valve to bypass the filter when you winterize or need to change the filter. It would be a good time to get a few 90's if you want!

On mine, I put a small serving tray under it to catch any drips.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 04:16 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
If it were mine, I would add another valve to bypass the filter when you winterize or need to change the filter. It would be a good time to get a few 90's if you want!

On mine, I put a small serving tray under it to catch any drips.
I agree. A long time ago, my wife complained of a smell in the kitchen. My kitchen sink in the house leaked due to the disposal cracking, perhaps due to debris sitting and rotting the plastic, or the dishwater draining back to the disposal. After rebuilding the cabinet floor due to water damage and stench, I placed a large plastic floor pan to prevent that from happening again.

I also stick my head under the cabinets that house a sink to look for any potential leaks!

2005 Jayco GreyHawk Class C
2007 Ford F150
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 12:50 PM   #29

I just removed my whole filter system and replaced it with a piece of waterline. Tired of dealing with that dumb placement of the filter.
Nytebyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 02:41 PM   #30

water filter

our 2019 Jayco class c 22j water filter is not used. left canister in place. had to be 2' tall to get to it in the most out of way place below the closet. no issue with winterizing , just a little more rv antifreeze. 4 yrs no issues. use external filter and also sanitize fresh water tank and all lines. use bottled water for drinking and coffee only. we do not trust CG water.
cherv is offline   Reply With Quote