Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-08-2019, 04:36 AM   #1

xantrex xm1000 error code 05

I tried searching so apologize if this has already been discussed. I have been on the road for 5 weeks now and last night my Inverter threw a E05/OL code that won't clear with the on/off switch. I will disconnect shore power this a.m. which will likely clear it based on other posts I have seen.

My question is, in my 2016 Jayco 31DS, what does the inverter power? I am pretty sure it is the outlet where the TV is plugged in (I have a smart TV and small DVD player both of which were off when the code occurred). Is there other locations such as the outlet in the outside bay (run a trickle charger to my chassis battery when parked)

Just trying to figure out why I threw a code. All outlets are working (on shore power) and the fan is still running in the bedroom.

Thanks all.
jd99336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 06:55 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd99336 View Post
I tried searching so apologize if this has already been discussed. I have been on the road for 5 weeks now and last night my Inverter threw a E05/OL code that won't clear with the on/off switch. I will disconnect shore power this a.m. which will likely clear it based on other posts I have seen.

My question is, in my 2016 Jayco 31DS, what does the inverter power? I am pretty sure it is the outlet where the TV is plugged in (I have a smart TV and small DVD player both of which were off when the code occurred). Is there other locations such as the outlet in the outside bay (run a trickle charger to my chassis battery when parked)

Just trying to figure out why I threw a code. All outlets are working (on shore power) and the fan is still running in the bedroom.

Thanks all.
I can't speak to your specific circuit but it's almost a guarantee that I will get an OL code in our Eagle TT if I don't ensure everything but our residential refrigerator is not just turned off but unplugged when I disconnect from shore power or we lose power from the pedestal while plugged in. Gets really annoying at times, especially in the middle of the night. Is it possible you had a momentary loss of shore power?

The easiest way to find out what and what isn't powered by the inverter circuit is to use a circuit tester or other low power device and test each outlet in the RV while on battery power. In our Eagle, half our RV is wired thru it and even though they were thoughtful enough to put stickers on most of the outlets that are on that circuit, they missed a few. So before we disconnect from shore power, I have to make sure almost anything that is plugged in, isn't just turned off but unplugged or the inverter overloads immediately. I ended up putting a power strip behind the TV so all I have to do is flip one switch on the strip to cut power to everything instead of constantly plugging in and unplugging.

And you are correct. The only way I have found to reset the inverter and clear the error code is to not only disconnect from shore power, but to throw my battery cutoff switch as well. If I don't, the inverter never resets.

At some point, I am going to upgrade the inverter to an 1800w model to see if that fixes this.
Old 07-08-2019, 07:03 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd99336 View Post
In our PINNACLE the outlet under the cabinet by the stove was also part of the refrig circuit. Several times I would forget and leave the coffee pot plugged in (we have one with a constantly hot resevoir) and it would throw the overload. I had the pot fastened with velcro so I never moved it which is why I had the problem if I forgot to turn it off or unplug.
Old 07-08-2019, 05:21 PM   #4

Thank you for all the advice. I will get out my meter and check the outlets when I get on battery power. Right now, to hot to turn the AC off....LOL
jd99336 is offline   Reply With Quote