Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-31-2021, 05:44 PM   #1

Torklift Glowsteps installed

Received my Troklift Glowsteps this passed Tuesday and finally got around to installing them Saturday. Removing the old 3 step and installing the new Glowstep took me less than a hour doing it myself. I can say there are very though out and very very well made steps and made in the USA. Adjustability of these step are second to none! No more stepping on the steps and feeling the 5er move. Going from the 3 step with with the step 9" apart to the Glowstep 4 step at just over 7" apart the wife loves them. As seen in the pics there's no way I would have enough room in my storage to use a set of the solid steps. Then today made a set of step carpets for them. Be able to give them a full try out in about 3 weeks on our next camping trip. So far these seem to be exactly what we were wanting and looking for.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-31-2021, 06:22 PM   #2

Looks good...
Old 05-31-2021, 06:29 PM   #3

Those look good I was thinking about doing something like this, whenever I'm in storage I have an RV right beside me so the only way I and my wife can get in we have to pull it out.

Can you take some more pics on how you install them to the side of your fiver?
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 06:46 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
Those look good I was thinking about doing something like this, whenever I'm in storage I have an RV right beside me so the only way I and my wife can get in we have to pull it out.

Can you take some more pics on how you install them to the side of your fiver?
Wasn't and big deal at all on mine. Had 4 bolts holding the OEM steps on-removed those-dropped the old step-set the Glowsteps into place and installed with new bolts that came with the step through the same hole the old steps bolted to. No drilling or any modifications at all. Easy unbolt and bolt in.
Old 05-31-2021, 06:56 PM   #5

I have the MorRyde step so mines is inside the 5th wheel I don't have no attachment on the outside so I want have nothing to bolt to.
Old 05-31-2021, 07:23 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
I have the MorRyde step so mines is inside the 5th wheel I don't have no attachment on the outside so I want have nothing to bolt to.
Take a look at these. Has the same adjustment but folds to the inside like yours. Think these would work for you without modification or very little. I don't know how your mount but think these might mount the same or very similar. Torklift Glowstep Uprising https://www.torklift.com/rv/glowstep...ution-uprising
Old 05-31-2021, 07:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado View Post
Looks good...
Thank you.
Old 06-03-2021, 06:00 AM   #8

I installed mine about 3 years ago and they’ve held up great. I love em for all the reasons you list.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 06:22 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaycoMLOK View Post
Received my Troklift Glowsteps this passed Tuesday and finally got around to installing them Saturday. Removing the old 3 step and installing the new Glowstep took me less than a hour doing it myself. I can say there are very though out and very very well made steps and made in the USA. Adjustability of these step are second to none! No more stepping on the steps and feeling the 5er move. Going from the 3 step with with the step 9" apart to the Glowstep 4 step at just over 7" apart the wife loves them. As seen in the pics there's no way I would have enough room in my storage to use a set of the solid steps. Then today made a set of step carpets for them. Be able to give them a full try out in about 3 weeks on our next camping trip. So far these seem to be exactly what we were wanting and looking for.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
My GlowSteps were installed a little over 5 years ago and they are still just as strong and stable as they were on day one. No issues with longevity at all and a glow stickers on each step are still very visible at night.

I definitely agree with you about these being very adaptable to varying campsite issues with the ability to adjust the length they stick out from the rig. Here are pictures of a campground in Florida where I stay occasionally going to Disney. There is no way a fold out one piece step could be used here at all. Note the shoveling that was done just to get a standard OEM out with this camper. My GlowStep works great.
Attached Thumbnails
Travelers campground, Alachua, FL #2.jpg   Travelers Campground, Alachua, FL #3.jpg  

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 07:37 AM   #10

I would like to see one and see how I can take my MorRyde stairs out and fit those in and see the price of them, I have gone to their website but I need to check them out again, I've been so busy.
Old 06-22-2021, 06:54 PM   #11

We finally got a 4 day camp trip in over last weekend and tried out the new steps. Well there a keeper! Wife just absolutely loves them. No more movement in the rv with someone using the steps and there quite. No more sound every time someone steps on them and with all the adjustment you can get them perfect. A+ in my book!
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-23-2021, 10:00 PM   #12

Quote:
We finally got a 4 day camp trip in over last weekend and tried out the new steps. Well there a keeper! Wife just absolutely loves them. No more movement in the rv with someone using the steps and there quite. No more sound every time someone steps on them and with all the adjustment you can get them perfect. A+ in my book!
[IMG][/IMG]

Someone makes a model like these but the fold up and stow inside the door...
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 12:59 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkelli View Post
Someone makes a model like these but the fold up and stow inside the door...
Same company there called the SMARTSTEP GLOWSTEP REVOLUTION Uprising

https://www.torklift.com/rv/glowstep...ution-uprising
Old 08-29-2021, 02:47 PM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Wasn't and big deal at all on mine. Had 4 bolts holding the OEM steps on-removed those-dropped the old step-set the Glowsteps into place and installed with new bolts that came with the step through the same hole the old steps bolted to. No drilling or any modifications at all. Easy unbolt and bolt in.
My OEM steps only had 2 bolts attached to the front underside. The back was attached to the frame I beam with 2 self tapping bolts.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 04:23 AM   #15

I installed the 8004 Glowsteps on my Jayco. It was not an easy swap as the original steps were locked into the I-beam and floor bolts which required grinding off the rear brackets. Then there were no existing holes to bolt to. Fortunately i had some 2x2x1/4 angle iron so I made a couple of brackets to capture the original mounting holes. It was tight and 1/8 material would have been better but it was basically free.
The stairs are solidly mounted and when deployed are very stable. The 4 step is way better than 3 + stool. BUT the Glowsteps are not as easy to deploy and stow. Made a couple of attempts to adjust tension but still needs more adjustment. I know DW will not be able to work them. Will see how they work on net trip.
2015 RAM 3500 CTD
steveb285rks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 06:23 AM   #16
Site Team

Good point, there is no standard way to attach them but if you are replacing the steps, be sure to drill out the 2 rivets and save the brackets on the old one.

I wasted a lot of time trying to find something that worked and was glad I still had the old steps. BTW, I replaced mine with Lippert Quad step Alumi-Tread model #432698
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 11:12 AM   #17

I bolted the brackets back on the old steps
They are on Craigslist now along with my extra 22K hitch.
I have pics of my great new steps but no hosting site right now...
2015 RAM 3500 CTD
steveb285rks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 12:45 PM   #18

Quote:
Same company there called the SMARTSTEP GLOWSTEP REVOLUTION Uprising

https://www.torklift.com/rv/glowstep...ution-uprising
Perfect... This will work better for me because i have the storage box in place of the old step... Going to order a set tonight
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote