Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-12-2019, 10:20 AM   #1

2018 Pinnacle Furnace won’t light

We purchased a new 2018 Pinaacle 37MDQS a few months. Now when I turn the heater on the fan/blower turns on but it does not blow heat then shuts off. I’m not able to tow to shop to have looked at. Has anyone had this problem? Where can I access the heater? I see the water heater but not the furnace.
pwrwgn71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 10:38 AM   #2

Was the furnace working before this?
Do you have propane? (Check to see if your stove will light.)
Did you just fill your propane?

EDIT: Oops! Welcome to the forum.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 10:40 AM   #3

First of all, make sure there is propane available to the furnace and no air bubbles in the lines. Check to make sure you have propane in the tanks. Run the stove burner for a minute or two to purge the lines. Then turn the thermostat back to OFF, then back to HEAT.

If that doesn't work, you will have to access the furnace itself to find a little reset switch on it. I can't say where your furnace actually is, but it will be accessible somehow.

Also check to make sure there are no obstructions to the exhaust port on the outside of the trailer. If it's blocked somehow (bugs, mice, etc.) then it could cause ignition problems.

Did it blow heat before?
Old 01-12-2019, 11:44 AM   #4

Yes heater blew heat and worked great for a month or so. We are living in the u it while we build our new home. The stove top and oven work fine. The blower turns on like normal but then shuts off.
Old 01-12-2019, 12:49 PM   #5

Check your ignitor/flame sensor

You didn't say what kind of furnace you have but most of them work about the same. There are plenty of videos on the Internet about how they work. I would put "troubleshooting make model" in a search engine and you should several. If you can't get it fixed from one of those get your make and model and let us know. They're generally not that tough to fix. If you have a electrical multimeter it makes things much easier. You'll need some tools but nothing out of the ordinary. Let us know.
Johnny Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 02:55 PM   #6

Sounds like its not igniting. Turn theromostat off then on again. That resets board after it locks out from no ignition.

Make sure you have propane! Try method above. See what happens at furnace. Do you hear it try to ignite? Should hear the igniter if close to furnace.
mia389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 07:12 PM   #7

Replace the sail switch. After replacing the circuit board with no luck, we replaced the sail switch and had no problems with our furnace since. We had the same problem and had it bench tested twice with no problems found. Once the switch was replaced no problems!
wersqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 05:32 AM   #8

We had the same issue with our 2018 North Point Pinnacle 377 that we bought last September. The Dometic furnace worked fine for a couple of months then would start and shut off like you described. After checking a few basics, we took it to a dealer. The main board will be replaced next week under warranty.
2018 North Point 377RLBH, Roadmaster Comfort Ride, Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension, Flexair 21k Pinbox, Victron MultiPlus II 2x120v 12v, power distribution, solar controller, smart shunt, 1000w of solar panels, 4 Lifepo4 200ah batteries
2017 Ford F350 Lariat CC DRW LB 6.7, Air Lift 7500XL with Air Lift dual channel wireless
bill3kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 10:01 AM   #9

Welcome to the group??

Where is the outlet for the furnace is it right beside the water heater.. I bet you it is the sale switch.. we just had our replaced about 3 weeks ago and it was that.. We are living in our and I could not get to a dealer so I had a mobile repair guy come out and diagnosis.. I then called jayco and he work with them and they replaced the sale switch..
csper29605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 11:13 AM   #10

Yes, it is right next to water heater. We are living in the u it also while we build house. I’m having a very hard time finding a mobile mechanic to come work on it.
Old 01-14-2019, 12:06 PM   #11

Furnace

So if the furnace is right beside the water heater look in the basement and there is a wall that you can remove and the furnace is there??. It does sound like the sail switch??
csper29605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 06:39 PM   #12
AlS

Can somebody tell me how to get to the sale switch to see if it's the problem in my RV. I have a 36 ssws where the heater is not working. There is no access to the furnace from the outside. It appears that you have to climb inside the basement and disconnect the furnace to get to the sail switch. Any ideas?
AlS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 08:37 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlS View Post
Can somebody tell me how to get to the sale switch to see if it's the problem in my RV. I have a 36 ssws where the heater is not working. There is no access to the furnace from the outside. It appears that you have to climb inside the basement and disconnect the furnace to get to the sail switch. Any ideas?
You are on the right track. You can either squeeze through the small hole or take out a portion of the basement wall. Either way it's not a lot of fun.
Demco 18K Autoslide Hitch and Timbrens
2019 Ford F350 SB 6.7L Diesel (Gone)
Radar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 09:35 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlS View Post

One tip for your rig- like ours- if your need to get to the reset switch (on the top of the unit), bring the BR slide in halfway. From the top stair you can reach in with a stick to hit it. saves you from dismounting the basement wall. May be worth a try before pulling the unit.
Angus

edit: that's why I call that part of the basement "The pit of Despair"; it's such a mess in there and I would hate to have to pull the furnace.
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
We don't camp, we don't glamp, we LIVE.
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 11:22 AM   #15

Did anyone ever reply?
skeet609 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem furnace heater