Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-05-2023, 05:50 PM   #1

2022 321RSTS Furnace Problem

We arrived to our Thanksgiving campsite (this is our 3rd outing with the new 5er) on Nov 20th. Got everything setup and turned the hearer on around 6:30pm. Heater ran for about 1 1/2 hours then we heard a loud thump (sounded like someone slapped the outside wall of the trailer very hard). I went outside and did not see anyone around. When I went back inside I noticed that the temp was not up to what it should have been and I did not hear the furnace running so I rechecked the settings on the Jaycommand and it was set about 4 degrees higher than what the unit was reporting the current temp was. Tried bumping the temp up and still no furnace. Checked fuses and the fuse was blown. Turned furnace off, replaced fuse, turned furnace back on and fuse blew again repeated 4 more times using different brands of fuses with the same results. Luckily we were able to come up with a temporary source of heat until we left. I finally was able to turn in the trailer for diagnosis and they discovered that the fan inside the furnace actually exploded and destroyed the inside the furnace. Awaiting on Jayco to approve/send a replacement. Scheduled to drop off next Friday (prescheduled Nov 11th for a few other smaller warranty issues) but Jayco said yesterday that they have not seen the request for authorization for the furnace, and no way for them to be able to get the replacement for next week’s drop-off. We already lost out 5 days of use which was prepaid from our Thanksgiving trip and had to cancel a 2 week trip to the beach. Now I’ll have to reschedule again for the heater. We are missing out on use and still not been able to do a complete break-in of the trailer due to the scheduling delays, equipment failing on every trip and having to cancel scheduled trips that we already had planned.
NCRetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 04:15 AM   #2

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. Although our heater hasn't had any issues, we've decided not to use it and instead got this DeLonghi HSX3315FTS Slim Style.. https://www.amazon.com/DeLonghi-HCX9...s%2C166&sr=8-1 . It's a convection heater that quickly heats up our 321RSTS. It's cool to the touch and keeps us warm. We move it into the bedroom at night and into the living room in the morning.

Maybe you can get 2 day delivery.
PullRite #4452 OE Adapter & #2700 SuperGlide Hitch
Stan&Sharon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 06:56 AM   #3

We haven't had much luck with our furnace either, and keep a small space heater tucked away for those cool nights. Between the heat pump, fireplace and the space heater we have managed so far
Old 01-06-2023, 07:32 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRetired View Post
I finally was able to turn in the trailer for diagnosis and they discovered that the fan inside the furnace actually exploded and destroyed the inside the furnace. Awaiting on Jayco to approve/send a replacement. Scheduled to drop off next Friday (prescheduled Nov 11th for a few other smaller warranty issues) but Jayco said yesterday that they have not seen the request for authorization for the furnace, and no way for them to be able to get the replacement for next week’s drop-off. .
Your biggest battle is the supply chain issues that are still plaguing many industries. JAYCO doesn't stock replacements since they order what is needed for a production run and they usually arrive just before that run starts. Warranty parts are ordered separately. If the dealer didn't submit the claim yet, that has been known to happen on many occasions, that just slows things down even more.
Old 01-06-2023, 09:54 AM   #5

My dealer service adviser told me that the claims had been placed into the system (a total of 5) at the same time. Of the 5 claims that he is seeing in the system, 3 have been approved. Jayco Support has identified and confirmed approved 3 claims, they said that those were the only 3 claims in the system that were still in an open state (not completed by dealer). I understand the supply and demand issues and that Jayco has to submit purchase/shipping order to parts company. That is a completely different issue and this issue is nothing new. When I had my first trailer the then dealer was telling me he had trailers on the lot for repair that had been sitting there fore 4-5 months waiting on the parts (this was 5 yrs ago). So the getting the parts have been there for a long time. It is strange is that exact same parts from said manufacturer can be purchased online directly from their online stores with no back orders but they cannot ship to fill the warranty backorders. We will have to see how this goes with Suburban.
Old 01-06-2023, 04:00 PM   #6

that is why i fix the small things myself!

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 05:24 PM   #7

I am trying to go through warranty procedures. I’ll do little things but the bigger issues it is on them. I take it up there in 2 days I check to see if they have worked on it and if not I will force the issue. I am not going to leave my trailer there for weeks on end and nothing is being done. They now have a couple days to get it on a power source and start the work. As long as they are working on it that is fine but I refuse to let it sit there and risk the chance of a break-in, having potential buyers walking through it, having it accidentally sold or completely stolen off the lot. Yes this has happened at many of the dealers with-in a 100 mile radius of my home. I’ll keep the trailer at my house where I can keep an eye on it and keep taking it up there when they have the parts and are ready for it. I will make an appt every 2 weeks if I have to.
Old 01-06-2023, 06:55 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan&Sharon View Post
I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. Although our heater hasn't had any issues, we've decided not to use it and instead got this DeLonghi HSX3315FTS Slim Style.. https://www.amazon.com/DeLonghi-HCX9...s%2C166&sr=8-1 . It's a convection heater that quickly heats up our 321RSTS. It's cool to the touch and keeps us warm. We move it into the bedroom at night and into the living room in the morning.

Maybe you can get 2 day delivery.
Pretty expensive when a $20 cube heater will do the same thing...just saying

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 07:19 PM   #9

I also have a cube that works great but I didn’t have it at the time. My main concern is still the belly. When we were out at Thanksgiving my basement was down to 34 degrees the first 3 days. That was the coldest Thanksgiving I’ve seen in this part of NC.
Old 01-14-2023, 12:50 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRetired View Post
I also have a cube that works great but I didn’t have it at the time. My main concern is still the belly. When we were out at Thanksgiving my basement was down to 34 degrees the first 3 days. That was the coldest Thanksgiving I’ve seen in this part of NC.
The basement and belly are the issue when propane heater quits. Only solution below freezing is an electric heater and fan in basement. You would have to open a basement panel to get the fan to move air into the belly and hope for the best. Or winterize.
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 04:45 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
The basement and belly are the issue when propane heater quits. Only solution below freezing is an electric heater and fan in basement. You would have to open a basement panel to get the fan to move air into the belly and hope for the best. Or winterize.

X2, that's what we do as well. Our furnace has never worked properly. Back from Warranty work in December, and back on the blink again. Dealer has sent a new sail switch, waiting for us at home as soon as we finish this trip. I don't have a lot of faith this will fix it. I open the basement on one side and place a small electric heater aimed inside the belly of the beast. It keeps it toasty warm
Old 01-15-2023, 08:56 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
X2, that's what we do as well. Our furnace has never worked properly. Back from Warranty work in December, and back on the blink again. Dealer has sent a new sail switch, waiting for us at home as soon as we finish this trip. I don't have a lot of faith this will fix it. I open the basement on one side and place a small electric heater aimed inside the belly of the beast. It keeps it toasty warm
My problem is at my camp. When I am there for 2-3 months we have no electric. I have a buddy heater for inside FW to cut down on propane. I would have to use my small Honda to run belly heater and fan. My son is stationed in Alaska and does a bunch of truck camping. Everyone up there uses diesel heaters. Never seen one but they are pretty cool and run along time on a small amount of fuel. About size of a briefcase and u set it outside and run heat hose into your camper or tent. 12v fan like our heaters.
Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote