Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-29-2021, 02:15 PM   #1

2022 North point and Pinnacle changes

I looks like they got rid of the medecine cabinet in the bathroom to make room for the raised sink. Instead of medicine cabinet it says backlit mirror. I didn't want the raised sink and certainly wanted a medecine cabinet. I have a pinnacle on order and pray that isn't true. It is hard to immagine them doing that. Wow.
Shadowchek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 04:01 PM   #2

Question

Here’s some changes
Attached Thumbnails
A160EBA0-121C-4377-8161-FF1FE7759196.jpg  
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 04:44 PM   #3

I wanted the ice maker but it probably doesn't work that well anyways but the loss of the 50 50 sink in adition to the loss of a medicine cabinet is close to a deal breaker. We looked at some units with single sinks and said nope. We do meal prep on one side and dishes in the other and I don't want to have to leave a dish pan in the sink to accomplish that. I don't ever remember seing one without a medicine cabinet either. Some things aren't looking good. I don't want to start over and deal with higher prices and start the wait all over again. We are getting disk brakes full body paint and solar. Spending this kind of money I am not ready to just make do. Sorry for the rant but these changes just don't make sense to me in an rv.
Old 08-29-2021, 05:44 PM   #4

Guess you missed the memo. S#$t is crazy right now, buyer beware. Given the current conditions, I wouldn't consider ordering a new unit right now. Sellers market right now. The factories have resorted to parts substitution to keep the lines moving.
Old and soft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 08:58 AM   #5

We have a 382FLRB on order since early March. I informed our dealer that if any changes that are made to trailer must be acceptable to us. If our trailer doesn't have the 3 medicine cabinets in it we will reject the trailer that was delivered. I feel we ordered a '21 it needs to include them. Not impressed with our visit to plant, needs better housekeeping as floor was dangerous to walk around plant.
NEWS4US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 10:36 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWS4US View Post
We have a 382FLRB on order since early March. I informed our dealer that if any changes that are made to trailer must be acceptable to us. If our trailer doesn't have the 3 medicine cabinets in it we will reject the trailer that was delivered. I feel we ordered a '21 it needs to include them. Not impressed with our visit to plant, needs better housekeeping as floor was dangerous to walk around plant.
Just an FYI:

I would read the fine print in your contract, it may have the standard caveat that the manufacturer has the right to make changes. It is even on JAYCO's web-site as well as most other RV companies.

All information in this brochure and on www.jayco.com is the latest available at the time of publication
approval. Jayco reserves the right to make changes and to discontinue models without notice or obligation
Old 08-30-2021, 05:23 PM   #7

It will be our decision if we accept it or reject it. That won't happen until trailer delivered to the dealer. As I have said it is a deal breaker if no medicine cabinets in trailer.
NEWS4US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 06:09 PM   #8

Quote:
It will be our decision if we accept it or reject it. That won't happen until trailer delivered to the dealer. As I have said it is a deal breaker if no medicine cabinets in trailer.
Maybe just buy some nicer medicine cabinets and install them?
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 07:08 PM   #9

I have thought about that but for me the double sink in the kitchen sucks also. one side for food prep and the other side for running water rinsing hands and temporary dishes.
Old 08-30-2021, 07:56 PM   #10

Quote:
don't rule out adding a medicine cabinet on your own. Amazon & Ebay has a slew of nice cabinets for RV's. It wouldn't be too difficult to add, if you have the room for it..

I also heard that the new models will no longer have the rear ladder... That there wold erk me...
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 06:23 PM   #11

I also heard that the new models will no longer have the rear ladder... That there wold erk me...[/QUOTE]

I do like the new north point exterior colors.
Attached Thumbnails
7E57D781-12FD-42C8-8A23-28ED2A5F38FF.jpg   56030679-CB34-4846-BC8C-D9D22E0ADF40.jpg   ADD798B2-6F3E-44CC-A553-9C7FA0E1652A.jpg  

CURT FACTORY ball with the Andersen hitch
Ringneks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 06:40 PM   #12

i see ladders, that's a good thing... New North Points are nice..
Old 09-05-2021, 03:25 PM   #13

We have a 2018 Pinnacle that we love. So many design changes that I wouldn’t want - the biggest deal breaker for me is eliminating the huge storage in the bathroom for an upgrade to the shower. Just don’t know how I would pack and live with that change on our trips. Told my husband that the designer should have consulted some actual Pinnacle owners. No new Pinnacle in the close future for us
Julieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 03:07 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Just an FYI:

I would read the fine print in your contract, it may have the standard caveat that the manufacturer has the right to make changes. It is even on JAYCO's web-site as well as most other RV companies.

All information in this brochure and on www.jayco.com is the latest available at the time of publication
approval. Jayco reserves the right to make changes and to discontinue models without notice or obligation
Yes! The fine print is the one - probably the only - thing you can really seriously count on. All else can be hit or miss.
Hollander Mutthaulers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 08:38 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowchek View Post
I have thought about that but for me the double sink in the kitchen sucks also. one side for food prep and the other side for running water rinsing hands and temporary dishes.
We have a double in our 29.5BHDS and wish it was a single. Way easier to wash larger pans, cutting boards, etc. Find a plastic tub that fits really well into one half of the sink and have the best of both worlds. Bonus is that if you are boondocking and trying to not fill up the holding tank you can dump the tub elsewhere.
SickDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 09:02 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickDay View Post
We have a double in our 29.5BHDS and wish it was a single. Way easier to wash larger pans, cutting boards, etc. Find a plastic tub that fits really well into one half of the sink and have the best of both worlds. Bonus is that if you are boondocking and trying to not fill up the holding tank you can dump the tub elsewhere.
I second that... We always end up washing large items outside in a plastic tub we carry with us.. Not to bad in the summer but sure sucks in fall and winter, especially during our Thanksgiving outings.. I'm even considering changing out the sink, not an easy task but can be done
Old 09-08-2021, 09:38 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickDay View Post
Yes! We have a single sink and a plastic tub that fits it very well. We wash and rinse everything in the plastic tub and then take it out, take two steps to the toilet, and dump it in. Keeps plenty of liquid in the black tank and avoids grease or vegetation odors from the grey tank.
Hollander Mutthaulers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 06:17 PM   #18
mhh

We are glad to have bought the 2021 model 310rlts north point. Don't like the bathroom sink and no medicine cabinet on the 2022. We were think about waiting for the 2022 32rlts pinnacle to come in and glad we did not. No fiberglass rear cap and the same sink with no medicine cabinet. Not worth 15,000 to 20,000 more.
mhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 06:08 PM   #19

The medicine cabinet is gone and they did go to the rasied bowl sink .They added a drawer and more drawers behind the cabinet drawers underneath the sink. They did go to the single sink in the kitchen which I don't prefer but can live with. They added a J port for adding a blackstone griddle and made the hitch a stronger tow hitch instead of the optional accessory hitch. They added a voice command feature that controls the lights and a/c. Most of the pinnacles are not getting the rear cap. We got lucky because we ordered early enough from what I was told and I suspect it may have soething to do with have full body paint. Over all I am ok with the changes and the prices on all fifth wheels have gone up so much there is no way we can afford to start over now. I think the new North points exteriors look great and received the same changes as the pinnacles and never had the rear cap so they didn't lose that.
Old 09-29-2021, 06:37 AM   #20

Post some pictures if you can. I bet it is a show stopper.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote