Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-06-2019, 09:56 PM   #1
Member
 
Madwinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Bountiful
Posts: 73
AC Maintenance

Put the cover on my wife's 2019 Eagle HT today, tucked her in and put her to bed for the winter for the first time. While I was on the roof doing that, I realized that I know nothing about what to do to maintain the AC units. Is there anything that I need to be doing while winterizing or de winterizing or just preventative maintenance? And oh ya.... I stepped on that vent just behind the forward AC unit while putting the cover on and broke it. I think it was just edge but wont really know till spring. OH well, live and learn.

Any advise would be of much help and appreciated.

The cover is on and its too late now but if there is anything that needs to be done I will make sure it gets done in the spring.

Thank you,

Archie
Attached Thumbnails
Coleman Mach AC.jpg  
__________________

If the women don't find you handsome, they shoud at least find you handy!

Mark and Debi
Bountiful, UT
2019 Jayco Eagle HT 25.5 REOK
2017 F250 Power Stroke XL Standard Cab Long Bed
Madwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 10:24 PM   #2
Site Team
 
JFlightRisk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Newark, NY
Posts: 8,945
The only maintenance to your A/c's is to clean the filters on the inside roof of the coach, and make sure the 4 corner mounting bolts are not loose. Other than that, if you get bored, you can take the shroud off, and make sure there's no debris underneath it, like leaves, and check the fan blades for cracks, or damage.
__________________
Every day's a learning experience, though sometimes not what we expected.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
1 Spoiled Dog
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 08:36 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
DonaandDon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Kingston
Posts: 1,204
Simple Green. Take the cover off and spray everything. Paying close attention to the condenser/evaporator fins. The collect ghost turds/dust bunnies. Simple Green soak for 15mins and then hose it all down.

__________________
Don & Donna Stout

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 03:05 PM   #4
Member
 
Madwinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Bountiful
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post
The only maintenance to your A/c's is to clean the filters on the inside roof of the coach, and make sure the 4 corner mounting bolts are not loose. Other than that, if you get bored, you can take the shroud off, and make sure there's no debris underneath it, like leaves, and check the fan blades for cracks, or damage.
Thank you JFlightRisk....I have more questions? One leads to many, yes?

So when you say to clean filters, so you mean under the (is it called) a Phellem or something like that? What is in this picture. If so I have two AC units and there is only one of these in the bedroom. Is that where the filters are or are they in the roof units themselves?
Attached Thumbnails
81kYf9e9iHL._SL1500_.jpg  
__________________

If the women don't find you handsome, they shoud at least find you handy!

Mark and Debi
Bountiful, UT
2019 Jayco Eagle HT 25.5 REOK
2017 F250 Power Stroke XL Standard Cab Long Bed
Madwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 03:08 PM   #5
Member
 
Madwinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Bountiful
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaandDon View Post
Simple Green. Take the cover off and spray everything. Paying close attention to the condenser/evaporator fins. The collect ghost turds/dust bunnies. Simple Green soak for 15mins and then hose it all down.


Ghost Turds! Funny. Thank you that is good advise. I spray out my home condenser every spring so that makes sense.


Archie
__________________

If the women don't find you handsome, they shoud at least find you handy!

Mark and Debi
Bountiful, UT
2019 Jayco Eagle HT 25.5 REOK
2017 F250 Power Stroke XL Standard Cab Long Bed
Madwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 03:51 PM   #6
Site Team
 
JFlightRisk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Newark, NY
Posts: 8,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwinger View Post
Thank you JFlightRisk....I have more questions? One leads to many, yes?

So when you say to clean filters, so you mean under the (is it called) a Phellem or something like that? What is in this picture. If so I have two AC units and there is only one of these in the bedroom. Is that where the filters are or are they in the roof units themselves?
Yes sir. there should be one or two thin foam-type filters in the ceiling unit, that can be cleaned. There are no filters in the unit that's on the roof. I give ours a light vacuuming, or blowing off with air, and a rinsing out. That (those) filters clean the air returning from inside your camper, and then back into it. I take ours down twice a year to clean, mainly because we have a fuzzy dog.
__________________
Every day's a learning experience, though sometimes not what we expected.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
1 Spoiled Dog
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 06:44 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Witt74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Picayune
Posts: 1,813
Be careful if you're going to remove the A/C shroud, especially during the summer months. Wasps love it under there.
__________________

Charlie & Lizzie the Mini Dachshunds
2008 Jayco Eagle Super Lite 30.5 RLS
2015 F350 Lariet Crew Cab Long Bed 6.7 Diesel B&W Companion Hitch
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not.
Witt74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 09:26 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Gilmer, Texas
Posts: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaandDon View Post
Simple Green. Take the cover off and spray everything. Paying close attention to the condenser/evaporator fins. The collect ghost turds/dust bunnies. Simple Green soak for 15mins and then hose it all down.

Unless the formula has been revamped Simple Green is BAD JuJu on aluminum.
Extreme Simple Green is supposed to be ok , but I have only used it on steel/iron.
__________________
S.A.Young
2011 321RLTS
2012 Chevy duramax dually
poohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 11:51 PM   #9
Lost in the Woods
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Ocean County
Posts: 2,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwinger View Post
Put the cover on my wife's 2019 Eagle HT today, tucked her in and put her to bed for the winter for the first time.
Looking at your photo, is there any concern for the TV antenna with the cover pulled over it? With the tension of the cover going down the side of the rig, there might be the chance to damage it or break it.

Maybe putting a bucket or pail over it to protect it?
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 05:08 PM   #10
Member
 
Madwinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Bountiful
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post
Yes sir. there should be one or two thin foam-type filters in the ceiling unit, that can be cleaned. There are no filters in the unit that's on the roof. I give ours a light vacuuming, or blowing off with air, and a rinsing out. That (those) filters clean the air returning from inside your camper, and then back into it. I take ours down twice a year to clean, mainly because we have a fuzzy dog.

Im sure Fuzzy Dog rules the roost in your house.

Thanks again for the great advise.


Archie
__________________

If the women don't find you handsome, they shoud at least find you handy!

Mark and Debi
Bountiful, UT
2019 Jayco Eagle HT 25.5 REOK
2017 F250 Power Stroke XL Standard Cab Long Bed
Madwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 05:10 PM   #11
Member
 
Madwinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Bountiful
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witt74 View Post
Be careful if you're going to remove the A/C shroud, especially during the summer months. Wasps love it under there.

Good advise thank you. Which got me thinking, probably best to cover the AC units when parked at home. That way they critters don't have a chance to roost. I assume one can buy ready made covers.
__________________

If the women don't find you handsome, they shoud at least find you handy!

Mark and Debi
Bountiful, UT
2019 Jayco Eagle HT 25.5 REOK
2017 F250 Power Stroke XL Standard Cab Long Bed
Madwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 05:14 PM   #12
Member
 
Madwinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Bountiful
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredOne View Post
Looking at your photo, is there any concern for the TV antenna with the cover pulled over it? With the tension of the cover going down the side of the rig, there might be the chance to damage it or break it.

Maybe putting a bucket or pail over it to protect it?

I did wrap that antenna in a towel an tape so I think it is supported pretty well.

I did however step on the black tank vent after getting the cover situated and walking to get off the roof to finish securing the cover below. Bummer something I'm going to have to fix in the spring.

Will be back here for advise on that one!!


Archie
__________________

If the women don't find you handsome, they shoud at least find you handy!

Mark and Debi
Bountiful, UT
2019 Jayco Eagle HT 25.5 REOK
2017 F250 Power Stroke XL Standard Cab Long Bed
Madwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jayco, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.