Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-29-2019, 07:03 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Lowell
Posts: 208
I have a set of 4 and yes they work great and I would recommend them.
__________________
2019 Jayco Eagle HT 30.5MLOK
2002 F250 SD CC 4X4 7.3PSD
JaycoMLOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 05:57 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: DFW
Posts: 130
I have a set of four, but usually only use two. If the site slopes down to the back, use them on the rear two, and the on the mids in the vice versa.

I like them a lot but would suggest trying two before investing in more.
Jace817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 09:52 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
SeventyGTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Kingman, Az
Posts: 371
I recently bought a set for the front of our current 31ft Wildcat and they really helped stabilize it walking around inside. A lot more than I expected. Although we haven't had them in severe wind yet.
SeventyGTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 02:42 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
Big1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Lakewood, WA.
Posts: 3,078
Hmmm, nice concept but do I need them now that is a question that I ask myself I have to find some on sales.
__________________
2018 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L CTD
2019 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS 5th Wheel
Retired Army MSG
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 09:18 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 1,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowmiler View Post
I agree their Levelers are great, I used them on my last rig. But if you click on the link you'll see I am referring to another of their products.

For what it's worth, I ended up ordering a set of the Blocks, and they were good and bad.

Good:
Quick set up
Definitely reduced rock by keeping the shaft extension short.

Bad:
If you're on an unlevel site, there is a chance they won't fit under your jacks even when fully retracted. On a site I was on, it was unlevel by maybe 6 or so inches front to rear, and I could not fit the Blocks under my front jacks.
Also, the lip is about 1.5" wide, and I could definitely see these things sinking over time in muddy ground, requiring periodic releveling.

I ended up returning them.
Just like everything else, not everything works for everyone. I am glad you were able to get your money back since it didn't work for you. Anderson makes some amazing items, but most are definitely high priced. Stacking blocks are way more flexible and wood is way cheaper. I think these particular blocks for most travel trailers are a waste. Taller trailers or 5ers with self leveling systems might be a great use for them. To each his own.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 03:36 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Glenside
Posts: 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxmutt View Post
Just like everything else, not everything works for everyone. I am glad you were able to get your money back since it didn't work for you. Anderson makes some amazing items, but most are definitely high priced. Stacking blocks are way more flexible and wood is way cheaper. I think these particular blocks for most travel trailers are a waste. Taller trailers or 5ers with self leveling systems might be a great use for them. To each his own.
Ironically, I ended up ordering them again, and really like using them. Iím using them right now.

Donít follow me, 50% of the time Iíll confuse the heck out of everyone 100% of the time.
__________________

Todd
Just outside Philly
2018 377RLBH
2019 Ford F450 Platinum
Old Faithful: 2004 GMC Sierra 3500 Diesel Dually
Lowmiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 10:41 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
AKRUEBBE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Preferred RV Resort, Pahrump, NV
Posts: 2,668
I hardly ever use blocks unless I'm in a very uneven site. I've seen rigs on perfectly level sites with blocks all over the place. Never could understand the reasoning in that. I like to keep things as simple as possible. IMHO, Snap-pads are awesome.
__________________
AL & JANET KRUEBBE
2019 PINNACLE 37RLWS
2018 NORTH POINT 315RLTS (TRADED)
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 11:43 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 1,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
I hardly ever use blocks unless I'm in a very uneven site. I've seen rigs on perfectly level sites with blocks all over the place. Never could understand the reasoning in that. I like to keep things as simple as possible. IMHO, Snap-pads are awesome.
I almost always use blocks under the landing gear. The blocks seem much more stable than extending the legs out of the square tubes. I found the same thing about the TT jack. YMMV
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 12:01 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
AKRUEBBE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Preferred RV Resort, Pahrump, NV
Posts: 2,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxmutt View Post
I almost always use blocks under the landing gear. The blocks seem much more stable than extending the legs out of the square tubes. I found the same thing about the TT jack. YMMV
That's another practice I avoid...........I never extend the legs on the front.
__________________
AL & JANET KRUEBBE
2019 PINNACLE 37RLWS
2018 NORTH POINT 315RLTS (TRADED)
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 05:28 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Glenside
Posts: 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
That's another practice I avoid...........I never extend the legs on the front.
How? Do you manually lower the front all the way back down after unhitching? Doesnít auto-level raise it back up?

The Andersen blocks allow you to save a bunch of time when unhitching by taking up the gap between the feet and ground.

If you donít extend the kegs and donít use blocking, you must be spending a lot of time pressing that up button.
__________________

Todd
Just outside Philly
2018 377RLBH
2019 Ford F450 Platinum
Old Faithful: 2004 GMC Sierra 3500 Diesel Dually
Lowmiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 10:49 AM   #31
Senior Member
 
AKRUEBBE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Preferred RV Resort, Pahrump, NV
Posts: 2,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowmiler View Post
How? Do you manually lower the front all the way back down after unhitching? Doesnít auto-level raise it back up? The Andersen blocks allow you to save a bunch of time when unhitching by taking up the gap between the feet and ground. If you donít extend the kegs and donít use blocking, you must be spending a lot of time pressing that up button.
Todd, it takes about 45 seconds to lower the landing gear to unhitch. I also make sure that the front is above level so the auto hitch level feature will work. Actually the auto level will lower the front landing gear during the process. My tires are always on the ground after auto leveling.
__________________
AL & JANET KRUEBBE
2019 PINNACLE 37RLWS
2018 NORTH POINT 315RLTS (TRADED)
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 12:56 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
ETCrockett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Greenwood
Posts: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveajohnson View Post
Does anyone make a knockoff of the Anderson jack blocks, kinda spendy.
I also felt the Anderson jack blocks were high at $89 a pair. Camco makes jack blocks with 7" of height for $21.95 for 1 block. I can buy 4 Camco jack blocks for the same price as 2 Anderson blocks. Besides price, the only difference I see is the Anderson blocks are 8" tall and have magnets but that doesn't justify the price difference in my book.

Amazon has the Camco blocks.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076BRXLL4...QCYKQPY2&psc=1

Has anyone used the Camco jack blocks?

__________________
ETCrockett
2016 Jayco Pinnacle 38FLSA
2009 Ford F450 DRW
RVing all my life......1st Jayco
ETCrockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 06:24 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
SeventyGTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Kingman, Az
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETCrockett View Post
I also felt the Anderson jack blocks were high at $89 a pair. Camco makes jack blocks with 7" of height for $21.95 for 1 block. I can buy 4 Camco jack blocks for the same price as 2 Anderson blocks. Besides price, the only difference I see is the Anderson blocks are 8" tall and have magnets but that doesn't justify the price difference in my book.

Amazon has the Camco blocks.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076BRXLL4...QCYKQPY2&psc=1

Has anyone used the Camco jack blocks?

The magnets make it much easier to just toss them up onto the landing gear feet and lower without having to center them. I didn't think they were a big deal until i used them. Now I'm glad I have them.
__________________
2017 Jayco Eagle 28.5RSTS
2016 Ram 2500 SB Longhorn 6.7 4x4
5th Wheel Prep/Auto Level
Andersen Ultimate w/Andersen Bed Shaft
SeventyGTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jayco, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.