Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-05-2022, 07:54 PM   #1

Auto Leveling Assistance

Hello, roomies!
We are picking up our 2020 Eagle 357MDOK, which has auto level.

Q: our driveway is on a slope fore to aft; about 2’. This will place the fore of the 5th wheel, 2’ lower than aft. That is your guidance (in order) for disconnecting the unit from the truck, in order to auto level?

Q: what is the extension distance on the front jacks?

Thanks in advance!
Anthony&Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 05:43 AM   #2

That's entirely too much slope to safely disconnect/connect your rig. I'd find some other place that is more level to park it, even just temporarily. Hope something works out for you.
ShotgunZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 06:15 AM   #3

Auto Leveling Assistance

I agree with Z71. That may be a bit much, but you never know. For pre trip setup, I park my 321RSTS in a driveway that slopes to the back. The opposite effect. When I level, the fifth wheel sucks up the front legs as far as they’ll go and backs are extended pretty good on my leveling buckets. I’m guessing it’s 1’ difference over the 40’ drive, but have never measured. The other issue with your situation may be backing it in there and the rear overhang striking the slope.

We’re it me, I’d purchase 4 heavy rubber chocks. Also, the Andersen leveling buckets or something similar work quite well in a situation like this. As you try it, you’ll know pretty quick if it’s a bad idea. These leveling systems are intended more for leveling on spot that’s only slightly off.

Edit: make sure you’re on shore power when you attempt this. Either a gen or even a 15-20amp plug from the house. The batteries don’t like working the leveling system that hard on the heavier trailers.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lci6 auto level