Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-03-2021, 10:47 AM   #1

Big Horn vs Pinnacle Levelers

My best friend and I just picked up his new Pinnacle 36FBTS at Youngblood RV in Missouri. His 5th wheel truck wasn't ready so we used my Ram 3500 Dually - a "Guy Trip" away from the wives - another time with the stories.

I have a new 36FBTS that came in on the way to pick up Donnie's so we are traveling to Ft Worth next week to pick it up.

Sorry I did not mean to ramble -

When operarting the Levelers on the Pinnacle it is just the opposite of my former Big Horn which had an LCI system. In the control panel and the app you select the up arrow to lower the levelers and the down arrow to raise them. The guy at the dealer says if you want to raise the RV you select up and vice versus for down - does that make sense? The Big Horn was opposite.

When we did the auto level it never would completely level. We would have to add more adjustments ( using a framers level ) to get a good level. We thought after doing this a few times it would work itself out but never did.

Any thoughts?
GeorgiaTrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 11:40 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTrains View Post

When operarting the Levelers on the Pinnacle it is just the opposite of my former Big Horn which had an LCI system. In the control panel and the app you select the up arrow to lower the levelers and the down arrow to raise them. The guy at the dealer says if you want to raise the RV you select up and vice versus for down - does that make sense? The Big Horn was opposite.

When we did the auto level it never would completely level. We would have to add more adjustments ( using a framers level ) to get a good level. We thought after doing this a few times it would work itself out but never did.

Any thoughts?
Can't address the buttons being reversed, but it sounds like it needs to be re-calibrated since it won't self level.
Old 07-03-2021, 01:20 PM   #3

Thanks Grumpy -

How do you perform a recalibration?
Old 07-03-2021, 01:58 PM   #4

Quote:
Thanks Grumpy -

How do you perform a recalibration?
Insttuctions are in.owners manual or do a online search.
Grumpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 01:58 PM   #5

Sounds like the jacks going to the ground control module were connected in reverse.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 02:35 PM   #6

Quote:
My best friend and I just picked up his new Pinnacle 36FBTS at Youngblood RV in Missouri. His 5th wheel truck wasn't ready so we used my Ram 3500 Dually - a "Guy Trip" away from the wives - another time with the stories.

I have a new 36FBTS that came in on the way to pick up Donnie's so we are traveling to Ft Worth next week to pick it up.

Sorry I did not mean to ramble -

Any thoughts?
Sure hoping my dealer does a better job explaining things when we pick up our 36FBTS later this month
Old 07-03-2021, 03:21 PM   #7

I could be wrong but I don't believe the hydraulic leveling system is from LCI. With that said on the LCI Ground Control electric system if you want to lower the front jacks (or raise the front) you select the up arrows. I don't know if that is Jayco's logic or LCI but that's how it works.
Demco 18K Autoslide Hitch and Timbrens
2019 Ford F350 SB 6.7L Diesel (Gone)
Radar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 05:24 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar57 View Post
I could be wrong but I don't believe the hydraulic leveling system is from LCI. With that said on the LCI Ground Control electric system if you want to lower the front jacks (or raise the front) you select the up arrows. I don't know if that is Jayco's logic or LCI but that's how it works.
The Jayco system is not LCI - I had LCI on my Big Horn. The sales guy at Youngblood said Jayco could no longer get the LCI system, don’t know how true that is, and the new system is much slower than the LCI - it seems OK to me - I don’t think Jayco would install a bad system but, what with parts shortages, etc - who knows

I just want it to be dependable - I had a catastrophic slide failure on my Big Horn LCI system and that’s why I sold it and bought a Pinnacle - time will tell
Old 07-03-2021, 09:30 PM   #9

My Pinnacle has an Equalizer leveling system. I understand they started using them beginning with the 20 models. I had a Lippert system on our prior fifth wheel which we used for 8 full seasons and never had any issues with it other than it would settle some over time. The Equalizer operates a bit slower but is really solid once it has done it's thing. We've had it leveled for over a month on a trip last fall and it didn't move. We also keep it leveled in our rv garage so it is pretty much leveled at all times.

I have had it not operate on one occasion but once I hit the "retract all" button it operated as usual. The "retract all" button only retracts the back 4 jacks, not the front 2 so don't worry about it going to the ground when you use that button.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 09:22 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by F350guy View Post
My Pinnacle has an Equalizer leveling system. I understand they started using them beginning with the 20 models. I had a Lippert system on our prior fifth wheel which we used for 8 full seasons and never had any issues with it other than it would settle some over time. The Equalizer operates a bit slower but is really solid once it has done it's thing. We've had it leveled for over a month on a trip last fall and it didn't move. We also keep it leveled in our rv garage so it is pretty much leveled at all times.

I have had it not operate on one occasion but once I hit the "retract all" button it operated as usual. The "retract all" button only retracts the back 4 jacks, not the front 2 so don't worry about it going to the ground when you use that button.
Thanks - That is great information - I am sure moving over to Pinnacle will be a bit of a learning curve but, we are excited-
Old 07-06-2021, 04:11 PM   #11

I had the Equalizer system added to our 5er a few years back. Really like it. About once a year or 2 tho , have needed to recalibrate the " level " .
poohbear is offline   Reply With Quote