Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-04-2020, 05:13 PM   #1

ConnectAnywhere in pinnacle

What do I need to do to get the wifi hot spot to work?
cdjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 04:34 PM   #2

Give us more info. What have you tried? Have you found the router? In ours, its in the top shelf of the glass cabinet that is immediately next to the switch panel. look for lights on the router mounts indicating power. Then look for it on your bluetooth screen of your smart phone. It will be called "MyRV_....somthing"
Angus

Edit: are we talking about the OneControl app? Or something else since you said "hotspot"
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
We don't camp, we don't glamp, we LIVE.
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 04:41 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan617 View Post
Give us more info. What have you tried? Have you found the router? In ours, its in the top shelf of the glass cabinet that is immediately next to the switch panel. look for lights on the router mounts indicating power. Then look for it on your bluetooth screen of your smart phone. It will be called "MyRV_....somthing"
Angus

Edit: are we talking about the OneControl app? Or something else since you said "hotspot"
The WIFI hot spot...
Old 07-08-2020, 07:25 AM   #4

There is no WI/FI Hot Spot on the Pinnicle that I know of. Just the One Control to operate the Slide's, Awnings and the Leveling.

Larry Wagner
Stewartstown PA
2019 Jayco Pinnacle 36SSWS (Louise)
2019 Chevelet Silverado 3500 Dully Duramax Engine (Allison Transmission) (Thelma)
pawags45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 04:20 PM   #5

I was told our unit had a WiFi extender, or if you payed for a SIM card / subscription it could be a stand alone unit. I certainly wasn’t up for paying for another wireless data subscription, but have been trying to finite out how to use the extender. Can’t even find it, or find any reference to it in the stack of manuals I got with the camper. The dealer couldn’t even figure it out, which I thought was odd, given they touted it as a “feature “ lol
Old 07-08-2020, 04:25 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger431 View Post
I was told our unit had a WiFi extender, or if you payed for a SIM card / subscription it could be a stand alone unit. I certainly wasn’t up for paying for another wireless data subscription, but have been trying to finite out how to use the extender. Can’t even find it, or find any reference to it in the stack of manuals I got with the camper. The dealer couldn’t even figure it out, which I thought was odd, given they touted it as a “feature “ lol
What year and model PINNICLE DO YOU HAVE ?

Larry Wagner
Stewartstown PA
2019 Chevelet Silverado 3500 Dully Duramax Engine (Allison Transmission) (Thelma)
Old 07-08-2020, 04:36 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawags45 View Post
What year and model PINNICLE DO YOU HAVE ?
It’s a pinnacle 32RLTS...2019
Old 07-08-2020, 04:49 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdjenn View Post
It’s a pinnacle 32RLTS...2019
I just looked camper up and I do not see a Wi-Fi package or hotspot in the features . I have the pinnacle package on mine and I don't see it anywhere even on mine. And I don't see it in the specs anywhere either. I think they told you wrong at the dealer. However if you have T-Mobile you get 20GB OF MOBILE HOT SPOT FOR EACH PHONE EVERY MONTH.

Larry Wagner
Stewartstown PA
Old 07-08-2020, 09:36 PM   #9

I wish I could remember the names of the systems from Winegard but I have it on my new Pinnacle. There is an antenna on the roof that is for the tv and internet. I think it is 360 something, I'll check in the morning. There is a router attached to it on the bedroom ceiling with an on/off switch next to it. Basically what it does is take the available signal from the park or wherever, boosts it, and broadcasts it thru the router which is protected with your own password. I set it up a few days ago using my phone as a hot spot. I had a similar set up with a Pepwave which unfortunately is no longer supported.

I have an owners manual from Winegard in my package that explains how it works and how to set it up. I will look at it in the morning and maybe give some more info.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 06:54 AM   #10

I went out and looked and we have Winegard Air 360+ omnidirectional tv/fm antenna, plus wifi plus 4G extender on the roof. Inside is the Winegard Gateway 4G LTE wifi router. I'm not sure that is what you are referring to. I was under the impression it was something available starting with the 2020 models but I could be wrong. I'm certainly no expert, all I know is what I read in the manual, but it appears the Gateway can use a sim card with a wifi plan from a provider like AT&T. I think Winegard even has a plan for sale.

A little more information about what you have and what you are trying to do would be helpful.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote