Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-24-2023, 09:47 AM   #21
Site Team

I see part of an identifying sticker under them that looks like the top is a battery cutoff switch, then two automatic reset circuit breakers, and a common relay that may be for your sanicon, if I'm reading it right.

The two breakers are bridged, so they are just inline to the wire clusters on each of them. Not sure if this helps, but I tried.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 10:37 AM   #22

This is pretty straight forward and says what each line is on the diagram/sticker.

Questions before explanation:
1. is this a 30amp or 50amp power center/trailer?
2. are you trying to specifically map out or identify something?

Battery Disconnect switch:
The sticker is lying a bit from what I see.. What I mean is there are two solid red wires coming into the battery disconnect switch. One is from the batteries the other has to be coming back from the converter to allow charging of the batteries no matter the setting/orientation of the batted disconnect switch. If this is a WFCO 8735 (30amp) power center this is a unique setup that was made by WFCO for Jayco and Airstream. Mine had this as well before I swapped out the power center.

Red wire with white stripe, connected to the battery disconnect switch, is the 12v connection going to your power center. This is the main source of 12v power for the trailer.

Directly connected, not controlled by the battery disconnect switch, are the following auto reset 12v circuit breakers:
First breaker (closest to battery switch) The bigger black wire comes in from the solar prep/panel/charger to allow for charging of the battery. The smaller black wire would be for the sidewall solar prep port.

Second breaker. Are for powering the breakaway switch to ensure it always has access to battery power.

What I don't know as mine does not have it is what the relay is used for... maybe something to do with the breakaway switch?

They are just using smaller wires as the "buss bar", on mine it has an actual piece of copper bar there..
Old 02-24-2023, 11:45 AM   #23

Thank you Tom C for all this information. I'll sit with your info and my wiring picture and label everything. The relay is apparently for a sanicon system for dumping your tanks.
Teroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2023, 02:19 PM   #24

Hi TomC,
The 3 black wires to the 30 amp fuse are:
1. Charge line from the vehicle
2. 2 lines to the slide controllers

Does anyone know what the device is that is mounted about the slide controllers?
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF2525.jpg   DSCF2521.jpg   DSCF2522.jpg  
Old 05-07-2023, 02:30 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teroy View Post
Hi TomC,
The 3 black wires to the 30 amp fuse are:
1. Charge line from the vehicle
2. 2 lines to the slide controllers

Does anyone know what the device is that is mounted about the slide controllers?
It looks like a version of the Jaysmart light controller without the housing. It adds features to the side marker lights. My Jaysmart light controller is mounted right next to the Schwintek slide controllers. If you have Jaysmart trailer light features, then that is probably the Jaysmart controller.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3730D.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	87876

David

2019 Jayco Eagle HT 24.5CKTS (new to me 9/2022)
2016 F250 6.7L CCSB 4x4 - AirLift 5000
Anderson Ultimate 5th Wheel Hitch
David_ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2023, 02:39 PM   #26

Thumbs up

Thank you David_ski. I have the Jaysmart feature on my HT 28.5 fifth wheel.