Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-02-2019, 04:14 PM   #21
DRE

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
If you do the optional wiring setup will the camera still be operational when towing? I would assume you would have to leave the switch on to accomplish that, correct?
Yes you would have to turn switch off/on as needed.
DRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 04:14 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
Have you figured out a way to power up the camera while camping?

Right now I have a adapter to plug the trailer harness into that feeds 12+ into the running light circuit. That will turn the camera on but then the running lights are on also.

Tow Rig: 2015 Ford F-450 Platinum, airbags, B&W Companion hitch for factory puck system.
prm99v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 08:59 AM   #23

I got out my warranty info and in Eagle 5th wheels the wire is behind the master-bedroom light switch. Found the Furrion camera piece of paper someone posted. Thank you. I finally understand ���� will add the additional light switch using this wire so we have power to backup camera when parked so we can use it as a security observation system. The 7way plug when hooked up to TV will power the camera. Not sure if I’m thinking this thru correctly but logic tells me switch in bedroom won’t have any affect on camera when it’s plugged into 7way and it’s current use is going down the road. Right?
mrlarson59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 09:04 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlarson59 View Post
I got out my warranty info and in Eagle 5th wheels the wire is behind the master-bedroom light switch. Found the Furrion camera piece of paper someone posted. Thank you. I finally understand ���� will add the additional light switch using this wire so we have power to backup camera when parked so we can use it as a security observation system. The 7way plug when hooked up to TV will power the camera. Not sure if I’m thinking this thru correctly but logic tells me switch in bedroom won’t have any affect on camera when it’s plugged into 7way and it’s current use is going down the road. Right?
My guess would be if you switched the wires on the camera itself than you would be eliminating power from your TV. Just my guess...........I will be going through this conversion when our new Pinnacle comes in or I may have the dealer do it. Going fulltime and I like the idea of having the use of the camera 24/7.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 02:45 PM   #25
DRE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlarson59 View Post
The instructions say to switch the TV Power wire with the wire from the switch behind the camera mount bracket.This eliminates the TV powering the camera and you control power to the camera via the interior switch. I thought of leaving both the green and orange wires connected together thinking if the switch was off the TV would provide power to the camera. But then I thought what if you had both switch and TV power applied at once. Would that cause issues? I did not want to risk damage to this $540 piece of equipment so I did not try!!

If only I could observe some thing other than what's in the pic below😂
Attached Thumbnails
20190303_092140.jpg  
DRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 05:43 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRE View Post
The instructions say to switch the TV Power wire with the wire from the switch behind the camera mount bracket.This eliminates the TV powering the camera and you control power to the camera via the interior switch. I thought of leaving both the green and orange wires connected together thinking if the switch was off the TV would provide power to the camera. But then I thought what if you had both switch and TV power applied at once. Would that cause issues? I did not want to risk damage to this $540 piece of equipment so I did not try!!

If only I could observe some thing other than what's in the pic below😂
Not an electrician but I would think that if both were connected that you would still have only 12 volts going to the camera.............again just an uneducated guess. Maybe someone with more electronic knowledge could chime in.
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 03-03-2019, 07:06 PM   #27

Quote:

If only I could observe some thing other than what's in the pic below[emoji23]

You would end up back feeding the running light circuit and powering those when you turned the new switch on. You could use a relay to isolate the two circuits so turning one on would not turn on the other. I did this when adding aux backup lights on my truck. They turn on with reverse or with my upfitter switch independently.

Tow Rig: 2015 Ford F-450 Platinum, airbags, B&W Companion hitch for factory puck system.
Old 03-03-2019, 08:41 PM   #28
DRE

Quote:
Originally Posted by prm99v6 View Post
You would end up back feeding the running light circuit and powering those when you turned the new switch on. You could use a relay to isolate the two circuits so turning one on would not turn on the other. I did this when adding aux backup lights on my truck. They turn on with reverse or with my upfitter switch independently.
Thanks, this is what I thought.
Old 03-09-2019, 03:06 PM   #29

Furrion

I have the furrion 4 camera system with the 7” monitor.
Crystal clear on the back end of my 36’ TT
I would recommend it.
2018JaycoWhiteHawk30RLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 06:19 PM   #30

My two cents, a wireless camera monitor system can have delays in the real time image on the monitor. My rig, 40' came with the wireless jayco wireless system. It could have caused me to think the lanes of traffic on both sided were clear because of the delay and may have cause an accident. I replaced it with a wired one and have a much better image, true color and I couldn't be happier.

ARMYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 03:23 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by timgarmon View Post
My two cents, a wireless camera monitor system can have delays in the real time image on the monitor. My rig, 40' came with the wireless jayco wireless system. It could have caused me to think the lanes of traffic on both sided were clear because of the delay and may have cause an accident. I replaced it with a wired one and have a much better image, true color and I couldn't be happier.
Never had any delays in my
Furrion FOS07TAPT 7" Vision S Wireless Vehicle Observation System: 7-inch Monitor + 1 sharkfin Camera + 1 Marker Light Camera + 2 Side Cameras
2018JaycoWhiteHawk30RLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 05:29 PM   #32

Glad your camera works great, the length of my rig was 41 feet and the delay was most noticeable when large trucks were passing. Sometimes the delay was as much as 5 seconds. It became dangerous to me to trust the image in the monitor as real time traffic.

ARMYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 07:41 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2018JaycoWhiteHawk30RLS View Post
Never had any delays in my
Furrion FOS07TAPT 7" Vision S Wireless Vehicle Observation System: 7-inch Monitor + 1 sharkfin Camera + 1 Marker Light Camera + 2 Side Cameras
I have been looking for that one but it now says not available...I can buy in pieces but not as a complete package. Hopefully they will be offering it again soon...
616Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:11 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by timgarmon View Post
Glad your camera works great, the length of my rig was 41 feet and the delay was most noticeable when large trucks were passing. Sometimes the delay was as much as 5 seconds. It became dangerous to me to trust the image in the monitor as real time traffic.
Do you have the Furrion Backup camera or the Observation camera. Despite looking identical, the Observation camera has a much faster video codec and should be more tolerant of interference. That said, you've got a long rig so who knows.
Shackrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 01:49 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shackrat View Post
Do you have the Furrion Backup camera or the Observation camera. Despite looking identical, the Observation camera has a much faster video codec and should be more tolerant of interference. That said, you've got a long rig so who knows.
Or he could of had the old Voyager camera. That's what came on my 2017 Eagle. It's got a long delay and looses signal on a 35' trailer. The car it shows behind me is actually beside the truck passing me.

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 05:38 PM   #36

The observation camera that I put on my old travel trailer three years ago would blip every once and a while but I never noticed any lag that would make me not trust it. I ordered my 2019 North Point with the camera. The trailer is 43 feet long coupled to my lung bed quad cab truck. It blips less than my other one did and again, I don’t notice any lag.

Old 03-28-2019, 05:54 AM   #37

Quote:
Just got done installing the Furrion FOS07TASF 7" Vision S Wireless system in my 2018 CKTS. I was prewired to work with the Tow Vehicle lights. I located the orange wire in the bedroom behind and up above the AC Thermostat. I used the switch for the overhead LED lights to connect to the camera. I then added a dimmer switch to control the bright a** lights in the bedroom. Had to switch the green wire with the orange wire behind the camera. Now the camera can be switched off/on in the bedroom for observation. Havn't tried it from inside the truck yet but I'm sure it will be ok. Just have to remember to switch the camera off when not using.
Where did you purchase the switch?
I would like a double or may even consider the dimmer like you used in place of the BR overhead lights.

Thanks.

Beautiful Wife

Ladd & Stacy
Ladd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 06:44 AM   #38
DRE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladd View Post
Where did you purchase the switch?
I would like a double or may even consider the dimmer like you used in place of the BR overhead lights.

Thanks.
https://www.amazon.com/Facon-Dimmer-...s%2C171&sr=8-1
Old 03-28-2019, 06:50 AM   #39

Thank you DRE!

I don’t know how I could not find that on amazon. I live there. Super helpful link.

Beautiful Wife

Ladd & Stacy
Ladd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 08:59 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladd View Post
Thank you DRE!

I don’t know how I could not find that on amazon. I live there. Super helpful link.
That appears to be the same dimmer switch Jayco uses for the reading lights over the bed.
Formerly from Sequim, WA