Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-18-2021, 07:19 AM   #1

Hello

Hello, new members here as well as new to the RV world. We have been looking at different brands on the market and have visited a few dealerships. They all seem to have one thing or another the other one doesn't lol. We both like the Pinnacle and would love some insight into this new RV world as well as the Pinnacle itself. We are in no particular hurry but keep coming back to the Pinnacle.
Thanks
jetlag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 07:40 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
Hello, new members here as well as new to the RV world. We have been looking at different brands on the market and have visited a few dealerships. They all seem to have one thing or another the other one doesn't lol. We both like the Pinnacle and would love some insight into this new RV world as well as the Pinnacle itself. We are in no particular hurry but keep coming back to the Pinnacle.
Thanks
Welcome. We have a 2016 36FBTS Pinnacle and love it. Which Pinnacle are you looking at?
USMC Veterans (both of us)
Marine71-76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 07:42 AM   #3

We started looking a year ago last January. We went to a travel show and looked at everything in the price point we had in mind. All were decent, some were better but none had the home run floor plan the wife wanted. We had walked by a Pinnacle several times and really never thought to go in it but finally did. The chimes went off in the wife's brain and the decision was made then and there that a 32RLTS was in our future. Because of COVID it took us until early June to finally find and purchase one.

We've put about 4K miles on it and while it hasn't been perfect it has certainly exceeded my expectations. The only real issue we've had is the kitchen slide was not properly aligned at the factory and took a visit back to the dealer to correct. We've had it in upper 90 to low teen weather and cooling and heating was not a problem. This is fifth wheel number 5 for us over the past 40 plus years of rv'ing and so far it is our favorite. Maybe we got lucky or maybe because it was built pre-pandemic but other than the kitchen slide I've been very happy with the construction and quality control.

I did have the brakes changed to disc this past February. We have spent the month of September for a number of years in the Colorado Rockies. Our first trip there with the Pinnacle last September made me miss the disc's on our previous fifth wheel. I know that with the 21 models disc brakes are now an option so that is something you might consider. Good luck in your search.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 07:44 AM   #4

Welcome from Wisconsin. Those Pinnacles are nice!!
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 07:53 AM   #5

Welcome! I suggest you add your intended tow vehicle, one big mistake often made is buying more than you can safely/comfortably haul.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 07:54 AM   #6

Welcome! The Pinnacle is a beautiful luxurious coach with many happy customers over the years. You can't go wrong. Built like a tank with a reputation that impresses. Congratulations and best of luck with your new coach!
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 03:42 AM   #7

Thank You, we are looking at the same model you have. Good to hear you love . Any issues with this model?
Old 05-19-2021, 03:44 AM   #8

Thank You, that is a great floor plan.
Old 05-19-2021, 03:50 AM   #9

Sure, we have a Ram 3500 on order. I had originally ordered a 2500 but she kept coming back to the Pinnacles and they are heavier, so phone call to the dealer and now waiting until mid July for delivery
Old 05-19-2021, 03:53 AM   #10

Thank You, glad to be here.
Old 05-19-2021, 04:02 AM   #11

I was wondering about the disc brakes. being new to this had not seen much on them. They are a $2800 otion and my bride likes them. I haven't seen any yet with them
Old 05-19-2021, 05:45 AM   #12

Welcome from York County, South Carolina!

2011 Jayflight X213
2011 GMC Sierra Crew Cab
fochman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 06:02 AM   #13

Quote:
Thank You, we are looking at the same model you have. Good to hear you love . Any issues with this model?
Not sure who you are asking about the model. With our 2016 36FBTS, we just had to have our outriggers replaced and 3 additional added - this was the slide with the residential fridge. The manufacturer installed outriggers were bent & caused the floor to bow and the slide to rub the tires while driving.

Double check all the sealants (roof especially) and have the dealer pressure test all your water lines. Our dealer did ours and found the one under the kitchen sink was leaking.
Old 05-19-2021, 06:41 AM   #14

Thank You, we reside in Craven county, NC
Old 05-19-2021, 06:44 AM   #15

Great information. Did Jayco repair it under warranty? Sounds like pre delivery checks could be a long affair.
Old 05-19-2021, 07:00 AM   #16

jetlag, not sure my comments will help much as I am Pinnacle/JAYCO prejudice. I have owned three and my current one is the 21 32RTLS. I have found that JAYCO Pinnacle's far exceed quality and comfort from other brands. Now with the new interior designs, they stand even further apart from the competition IMHO. Warranty can't be beat. You will find on this forum the good and the bad in regard to contacting JAYCO for any issue you may have. I have always had good luck with them. When you call them, have your VIN, so they will know exactly which FW you are talking about. 3500, good enough. Pull the trigger and you and the wife will be happy. Welcome to the forum and happy camping. SKIDAWG
2022 RAM 3500 6.7L
Ruger, Rhodesian Ridgebacks
ROLL TIDE ROLL !!!
Skidawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 07:24 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidawg View Post
jetlag, not sure my comments will help much as I am Pinnacle/JAYCO prejudice. I have owned three and my current one is the 21 32RTLS. I have found that JAYCO Pinnacle's far exceed quality and comfort from other brands. Now with the new interior designs, they stand even further apart from the competition IMHO. Warranty can't be beat. You will find on this forum the good and the bad in regard to contacting JAYCO for any issue you may have. I have always had good luck with them. When you call them, have your VIN, so they will know exactly which FW you are talking about. 3500, good enough. Pull the trigger and you and the wife will be happy. Welcome to the forum and happy camping. SKIDAWG
Thank You. I have done lots of reading online, YouTube video's, etc. We had liked Montana brand, Grand Design among a couple of others. before learning anything about them, we visited a Pinnacle dealer and spent time on 3 different models, with the 36FBTS and the 36SSWS with the closet instead of chair and window. She really liked them but being new we felt we should research and look some more. We then looked at the Montana Brand at a Camping world in Greenville, NC. The moral from that visit was not positive to say the least. Two of the Montana models we went in had soft spots on the floor, not very reassuring and the overall quality and execution was nothing as to what the brochures suggested. Second moral was to stay away from camping World. Salesperson was mostly clueless about the units. One unit had a different wheel/tire on one side, and he said no worries, these are china bombs and to be expected! The Grand Design is better, again the execution seems to be way behind the Pinnacle. it is a shame because we have a dealer 45 minutes away whom appears to be very honest and helpful. They are working up a price on a '22 model, but the bride likes the Pinnacle, lol.
Old 05-19-2021, 08:22 AM   #18

Quote:
Great information. Did Jayco repair it under warranty? Sounds like pre delivery checks could be a long affair.
Absolutely NOT. Out of warranty. However, Lippert paid 1/2 hour replacement per outrigger. The shop that did the work did a really good job. The floor looks better than when we picked up the unit. Would recommend keeping an eye on the outriggers. We actually noticed an issue when we 1st had the unit and told the dealer about the metal shavings but they blew it off as a new unit. Looking back, no that was an indication there was an issue. Lesson learned.

Would discourage buying any unit from Camping World. Some people have had good luck but others have had really really bad luck. During the winter we would walk around Camping World lots, looking at the units. The number that had been used for parts for other units was amazing.

We travel with 3 felines & the front bathroom works great for the Litter Robot. And when traveling, the 1/2 bath works great for DW.
Old 05-19-2021, 02:18 PM   #19

welcome from canada, enjoy your new baby, have fun and drive safe on the road.

2018 jayco ht eagle 30.5 mlok
chevrolet Silverado 3500 gas dually wheel 2011
pc35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 02:40 PM   #20
Site Team

Welcome to the Forum from Western New York State!

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote