Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-24-2018, 07:13 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbaron32 View Post
We are planning to buy the Pro Series unit you linked to above. All-around reviews are great, price is right, it's rv-rated and is platform style. We had a Thune hang rack which held fine but the four bikes rubbed each other during transport resulting in some damage. Really like the platform style and the Pro Series checks all the boxes...

Amazon seems to have the best price on it btw at $214. Consider reading the questions and reviews on both Amazon and etrailer if you haven't already...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Redbaron32

I looked at both Amazon and Etrailer as well as many other sites. I am unable to find ANY reviews or user ratings for the Stromberg Carlson BC-204.

("Amazon seems to have the best price on it btw at $214. Consider reading the questions and reviews on both Amazon and etrailer if you haven't already...")

Can you add direct links please.
A7thson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 08:40 AM   #22

Hi A7thson,

I couldn't find any reviews of the Stromberg Carlson either. I went ahead and purchased it anyway. I have only used it once, about 100 miles round trip and it survived that. It takes a little time the first time you load bikes to get everything in place and deciding what bike to put where. My sons bike was the last to go on and I didn't think it was held the greatest because the clamp needed to be in almost the same position as my daughters bike. Next time I will put his bike with mine and try my wifes and daughters bikes together. I have decided to not take our bikes on our big trip coming up (about 6000 miles) I'm afraid of a rack failure and no way to get the bikes home. I would have made that decision with any rack though because I have only used it once. It does seem to be built fairly well and I like the idea of a platform style rack over a hanging rack.
oh355mbqs is offline   Reply With Quote