Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-13-2019, 04:10 PM   #1

How many units built?

Hi all - I havent been on here in quite a few years, but we are now looking at a 2017 39SPQS for our (minimum) 2 year full time travel plans and I hope to have a couple of questions answered.

We enjoyed our Greyhawk 31SS back in the day with our family of 6. The kids are grown now and this time around it's just the two of us (good name for a song eh )

What I'm looking to find out is why Jayco discontinued the side patio option. It seems to me that it would have been sought after, on a few models at least. Was or is there an issue with them?

Also - are records kept as to how many of each model were built? It'd be interesting to see how many were made in 2017 & 2018.

I am sure I'll be on here more often now and hopefully be able to contribute.

Thanks for looking.

Bob and Debra
Billerica, MA
partsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 04:23 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsiam View Post

What I'm looking to find out is why Jayco discontinued the side patio option. It seems to me that it would have been sought after, on a few models at least. Was or is there an issue with them?

They discontinue models and options because of low sales/no demand

Also - are records kept as to how many of each model were built? It'd be interesting to see how many were made in 2017 & 2018.

JAYCO will not release that info since it is proprietary.

Bob and Debra
Billerica, MA
See comments in bold.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 04:33 PM   #3

Great Question...….as I was retiring from RV sales this floor plan came out with the side patio. We own a Toyhualer with a side patio and understand the desire for it. Frankly it was not a popular floor plan for the Pinnacle, the Jayco Dealer council is a powerful influencer on what sells and what doesn't. Dealers frankly killed it, patios on all fifth wheels except toy haulers have not fared well in the RV market place.

The Jayco dealer I retired from had to discount the Pinnacle with patio to get rid of it? Made no sense to me. Our experience with the patio is water intrusion in to the patio. We have issues with the bolts attaching to hinges allowing water in thus weight and rust issues. A coat of bedliner solved it for us, Jayco was of no help in resolving our rust water problem.
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 12:52 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsiam View Post
I have a friend that did his college coop at Jayco and this is what he told me about the VIN, that you can find out some information of the specific unit from the last 8 digits of the VIN, such as:
VIN: 12345678 (example VIN: F1LX0068)

1 = identifies the model year (i.e., F = 2015)
2 = identifies where it was build (i.e., 1 = Built in Middlebury, IN)
3&4 = Model Code for the Unit (i.e., LX = Eagle Premier 361REQS
5-8 = Model built of that Floor Plan (Floor Plan Numbering starts @ 50, so 0068 would indicate it's the 18th model built of that floor plan).

So if you have the VIN you can at least get some info off it.

Tags
39spqs, built, side patio