Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-27-2021, 05:39 AM   #21

What are the 31MB going for?
Bill2e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 11:13 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
What are the 31MB going for?
I've attached the Jayco order form for Eagle HT. This was really helpful for us to work out our options. Our build was the following:

Mandatory Options
Overlander Solar
12v Refrigerator
King Bed
2nd Ducted AC

Our MSRP is 66550
The best deal I could find was 44087 + tax/registration/tag

That price does include all dealer fees. So for us it's about a 34% discount.

Hopefully this data helps you guys know where to target. I will say that I called about 10 dealers within a 5ish hour drive and it took a lot of back and forth to get to this deal.

Lastly, this is at Camping World with all that may come of that. I went with them as they were around 1700 less than anyone else on top of having competitive rates.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Jayco Eagle HT Order Form-blank.pdf (431.8 KB, 21 views)
mgparr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 01:05 PM   #23

Both great brands, I have owned an 2015 Eagle HT 5th wheel and now own a Grand Design Reflection 34' Travel Trailer. I too had a hard time making the decision on which brand to go with. The deciding factor was the Grand Design has better insulation that the Jayco HT. If you notice, Jayco does not publish this information and GD does. We live in Las Vegas and had a hard time keeping the JayCo cool when camping in heat. With the GD, we do not have the same issue. Over the Holiday season we camped in Oregon on the Coast and the GD stayed warm and seem to hold the heat better than Eagle HT. We bought our GD October 2020 and have had a blind that didn't retract and one cabinet door that needed adjustment, other than that, no problems. So far so good. Either way you go, I recommend 2 AC units especially in a fifth wheel due to the higher ceiling. Both great rigs!!! Much Better than Keystone.
Snoopylv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 01:07 PM   #24

Not sure today but in 2018 I went with the Jayco because the grand design only had 15 inch tires where the Jayco offered 16
nynethead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 09:45 PM   #25

I have a 2018 28.5 RSTS Eagle HT - Beware the Lippert Main Frame on the HT. Many of us are showing Cracks in the main frame webbing in the area of the Two axle mounts- read post ‘5th wheel cracked frame’. Also, do not purchase extended warranty - it is worthless and covers practically nothing.
Newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 08:25 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgparr View Post
Good evening. Thanks very much for this.

I'm pretty certain that you are correct and you are the only ones with a 31MB at this point. The story I was told by multiple RV One dealers was that they are the biggest Jayco dealer and Jayco got a 31MB ready for them in time for the Tampa show. None others exist in the country and even RV One won't have another until late Feb / early March. Now this is all from RV One but that's the story I was given. I've been searching nation wide for one to get pictures and couldn't find any at any dealers so I think it's at least mostly true.

It would be a huge help if you guys could take some pictures of of the unit inside and out. They'd be the first real pictures online as best I can tell.

Also, we just placed our order for the Eagle HT 31MB today
We are heading out soon for our first trip. Will take pics this weekend!
FLButler3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 09:30 AM   #27

Quote:
First off - Congratulations on your new rig!!!

2nd - What are the true weights on this unit? Listed on the door and factory stickers, not the ones on the web site.

I'd be really interested to see scale weights. This looks a like a good compromise solution for us since we had to cancel the Northpoint order. My wife is set on a Mid Bunk for our daughter.

We were at the Tampa show, I wish we would have walked inside that unit.
I will take a pic of the door sticker for you. My recollection is that it is around 10,400 lbs dry.
Old 01-28-2021, 10:06 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynethead View Post
Not sure today but in 2018 I went with the Jayco because the grand design only had 15 inch tires where the Jayco offered 16

I have 16" Goodyears on my 2020 Reflection 29RS which Grand Design has started instead of Westlakes (but they are an extra charge on the invoice).
Old 01-28-2021, 01:47 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLButler3 View Post
Thanks very much!
Old 01-28-2021, 04:15 PM   #30

What do you use for pantry storage? It looks like there isn’t a designated pantry. We are interested in this floor plan, but I don’t want to give up storage.
tmclaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 04:27 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmclaren View Post
What do you use for pantry storage? It looks like there isn’t a designated pantry. We are interested in this floor plan, but I don’t want to give up storage.
Are we talking about the 31MB? If so, there is a pantry (if not, my wife would have probably kaboshed this floor plan lol). Look to the right of the sofa.

Old 02-02-2021, 11:37 AM   #32

Quote:
Hey FLButler3, How did your trip go? Were you able to take some pictures of the 31MB?
Old 02-05-2021, 03:46 PM   #33

Quote:
First off - Congratulations on your new rig!!!

2nd - What are the true weights on this unit? Listed on the door and factory stickers, not the ones on the web site.

I'd be really interested to see scale weights. This looks a like a good compromise solution for us since we had to cancel the Northpoint order. My wife is set on a Mid Bunk for our daughter.

We were at the Tampa show, I wish we would have walked inside that unit.
As promised, I'm attaching a photo of the yellow sticker with the weights on the Eagle HT 31MB. You may notice that there is another yellow sticker underneath. My husband had taken a photo of the sticker at the show and happened to notice that it did not have the same VIN as the VIN on our purchase order and the weights were off by about 800 lbs. Turns out the factory put the wrong sticker on the unit! Good thing we caught that or it could have created a nightmare with the insurance company and dmv.Click image for larger version

Name:	0B95AA5B-11A0-4B5B-B65E-BD925F58161B.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	67779
Old 02-05-2021, 04:20 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgparr View Post
Hey FLButler3, How did your trip go? Were you able to take some pictures of the 31MB?
It went awesome! The coach is so comfortable and it towed like a dream. Only found a couple of minor issues, one with the alignment of the travel locks on the fridge and the other with a draw glide that was installed about 1/4 inch off. Here's a link to a Google file with some pics. Also, my husband found a sticker on the underbelly that said "prototype", so I think we have confirmed that we got the very first one ever built.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/JPESAn1pXH2b3bhC6
Old 02-05-2021, 09:00 PM   #35

Hi. I just ordered a 31 MB and I have a some questions for you, if you don’t mind. Does the theater sofa recline or fold out into a bed? Does yours have OHC in the bedroom? The prints say that they are there but the rep said that they have been omitted. Also, are there any hanging lights over the island? Is there a vacuum built into the stairs? I love the layout but I can’t find much info in the specifics. Also, I would love to see pics of the real thing. Thank you!
Staceylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 09:09 PM   #36

Quote:
It went awesome! The coach is so comfortable and it towed like a dream. Only found a couple of minor issues, one with the alignment of the travel locks on the fridge and the other with a draw glide that was installed about 1/4 inch off. Here's a link to a Google file with some pics. Also, my husband found a sticker on the underbelly that said "prototype", so I think we have confirmed that we got the very first one ever built.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/JPESAn1pXH2b3bhC6
I just saw your pics and they answer most of my questions. Thank you. Now I need to know if the sink cover came with the unit or where did you get it? So, it looks like the sofa has at least one recliner...does it have 4? I’m so excited to get ours now!
Staceylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 11:21 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staceylee View Post
I just saw your pics and they answer most of my questions. Thank you. Now I need to know if the sink cover came with the unit or where did you get it? So, it looks like the sofa has at least one recliner...does it have 4? I’m so excited to get ours now!
Hi Stacey. The recliner has 4 seats that recline, which we love. If you don't need all 4 recliners, 2 of the seatbacks fold down to become a table with cupholders. Also, you can see the tv over the island from all 4 seats. I am very short, barely over five feet tall, and I can see from any seat on that sofa. I sat in the Grand Design sofa and didn't care for it. The massage feature was just a vibration and it was really difficult to figure out how to turn it off.

Both sink covers are included with the unit, as is a 22 inch Blackstone in the outside kitchen as well as an integrated grill table. Now I've got my husband excited about cooking on the grill, yay! Less for me to cook in the kitchen.
Old 02-09-2021, 05:35 PM   #38

https://www.jayco.com/blog/uncategor...limate-shield/

what is your thoughts then? this is what they are posting
elconquistador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 05:40 PM   #39

does this unit have W/D?
elconquistador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 05:58 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by elconquistador View Post
does this unit have W/D?
Editing because I'm wrong. See FLButler3's response below.