Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-09-2021, 06:02 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by elconquistador View Post
does this unit have W/D?
it has washer/dryer hookups in the master closet, though putting them in would eliminate most of your hanging space.
FLButler3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 06:02 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgparr View Post
It does not.
Mine came with the hookups for the W/D in the master closet
Old 02-09-2021, 06:12 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLButler3 View Post
Mine came with the hookups for the W/D in the master closet
Consider me corrected and that's really good to know! I didn't see it listed on the floor plan. That will teach me to assume.
mgparr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 06:40 PM   #44

Quote:
Consider me corrected and that's really good to know! I didn't see it listed on the floor plan. That will teach me to assume.
That's because it isn't listed on the floor plan. I was surprised to find them when I opened the closet doors!
Old 02-12-2021, 12:37 PM   #45

Quote:
Good evening all,

We're considering the Reflection 31MB and comparing it to the Jayco Eagle HT 31MB. This is a new floor plan for Jayco but is identical to the Reflection. We've looked at both Eagle HT and Reflection in person and honest can't tell a quality difference. The Eagle HT is appealing as it can be optioned with a 12v fridge and a king bed. The Grand Design is cheaper by 3-4K and they seem to have a better reputation for customer service. Recognizing this is a Jayco forum, I'm curious what the general thought is on comparing these two lines? I can live without the king bed but I'm not sure about the RV fridge in the Grand Design versus the 12v in the Eagle HT. We live in Florida and will be camping in a lot of hot places. This is our first RV and I keep reading horror stories about gas/electric absorption fridges.

So to sum up...

What are the real differences between Jayco's Eagle HT line and Grand Design's Reflection line?

How concerned should we really be about an absorption fridge in hot climates?

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

-MGP
I think that GD just does a better job of "marketing" their brand and quality. They show up at shows like Tampa with all their techs working on owners RVs. I think if you do your research you will find they have just as many issues and repairs as similar brands like Jayco but there is a perception out there that they are better, again because of the marketing and customer support. It is sort of like Airstream..its reputation versus reality. But the results for GD are showing up in resale value. Regardless of their issues, on par with Jayco, the perception is resulting in higher prices for used units. Jayco could learn a thing or two regarding customer support from them.
Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi
BLTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 07:12 AM   #46

What a great thread, and a fitting place for my first post. We are heavily leaning toward the Jayco at this point, and have the dealer down to $52k. It has two ACs, the 13.5 cuft fridge, and a king size bed.

What is everybody else seeing out there in regards to price? I think we're going to jump on it but would love to have another bargaining chip to throw on the table.
mzurovec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 07:25 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzurovec View Post
What a great thread, and a fitting place for my first post. We are heavily leaning toward the Jayco at this point, and have the dealer down to $52k. It has two ACs, the 13.5 cuft fridge, and a king size bed.

What is everybody else seeing out there in regards to price? I think we're going to jump on it but would love to have another bargaining chip to throw on the table.
Welcome! It's hard to know without the model so we have a ball park of msrp.

Personally, I'd be shooting for at least 30% off of msrp. Take the base msrp, add msrp of options, deduct 30%. That's a decent target.

Also, pay attention to dealer fees / the bottom line. Dealers like to show a strong discount and then claw that back with fees.

Covid made this hard for me but I was able to get there with persistence. Took working about 10 dealers and making them compete against each other. I'm in the southeast so ymmv. I ended up going with camping world and haven't taken delivery yet so I could still have surprises. I'm going in eyes wide open though.
mgparr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 05:45 PM   #48

43 gallon water tank, I wish. I pick up a new eagle ht 274ckds next week and says only 6 gallons
Looken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 05:46 PM   #49
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looken View Post
43 gallon water tank, I wish. I pick up a new eagle ht 274ckds next week and says only 6 gallons
That has to Hot water tank?
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 05:57 PM   #50

Quote:
Unless I am confused, I don't think you are understanding the tank quantities very well. Surprised you've made a purchase decision without this level of understanding.
Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 07:30 PM   #51

Water tank

Pic from label, how am I confused. Plz tell me it’s bigger would love that, it’s my first travel trailer
Attached Thumbnails
B144505D-90B6-45E7-A11B-C9F75BA13C54.jpg  
Old 07-16-2021, 07:59 PM   #52

Quote:
Pic from label, how am I confused. Plz tell me it’s bigger would love that, it’s my first travel trailer
As your picture demonstrates, your freshwater tank is 75 gallons. The water heater is a standard 6 gallon tank, as also indicated on the picture you attached.

In total, thats 81 gallons of "fresh water". I am not sure how else to explain it to you.
Old 07-16-2021, 08:05 PM   #53

Yes my bad I though he meant he had a 43 gallon hot water tank and was confused myself
Old 07-16-2021, 08:10 PM   #54

Quote:
Yes my bad I though he meant he had a 43 gallon hot water tank and was confused myself
6 and 10 are the most common, with 6 being almost universal on standard equipped trailers and fifth wheels.
Old 07-16-2021, 09:58 PM   #55

Quote:
So to sum up...

What are the real differences between Jayco's Eagle HT line and Grand Design's Reflection line?

How concerned should we really be about an absorption fridge in hot climates?

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

-MGP
I've owned a Grand Design Reflection 5er, bought new. I can say that they are not "better made" in any sense. I will say they're customer service was good and they reimbursed us for most of the first year defects. We were living in it full time and never took it to a dealer to drop off for repair.

Here is a partial list of repairs and difficulties we had with it:

Dexter axle failure (castle nut disintegrated)
Dometic fridge circuit board went out
Dometic fridge thermofuse replaced, separate occasion
Dometic water heater circuit board went out
Toilet vacuum breaker replaced
One way water valve on water heater replaced
Back side of shower control pex connector replaced

I would suggest you choose the best Floorplan for your needs, buy from one of the larger/better manufacturers (eg Jayco and Grand Design), and then expect there will be things that need fixing.
Mikec557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 11:33 AM   #56

size

Quote:
Actually a new thread should have been started but I suggest you research your trailer thoroughly with the online owner's manual and related threads here on this forum which will help you quite a bit.
You have a very large trailer there with big tank capacities so do your homework on towing and TV capabilities.
Good luck with your new unit.
Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi
Old 07-17-2021, 12:31 PM   #57

i have a 2020 gmc 2500hd slt with 6.6 gas, i have looked at the specs on both and think i should be good with my tv, but any input is good input. would you thing i have enough truck or no.
Old 07-18-2021, 10:52 AM   #58

I have never seen a sticker like the one you are showing here. It is sort of unique to see tanks that big on a TT and such low GVWR of 4500 lbs. You could never even carry half a load of water plus everything else. And over 12 Ft high! Again, unusual specs and sheet.
I would be sure to get the original manf's spec sheet on your exact unit including looking at the side wall stickers. I had a TT that long and it weighed nearly 10K unloaded. Even at that weight you should be ok with your TV but that is without knowing all the other specs and weights. Again, lots of material in this forum that you can search on.
Old 07-18-2021, 11:02 AM   #59

Those weights are kg, 1 kg=2.2 pounds,
Trailer is a jayco eagle ht 274ckds, it’s like 8500lb dry and 9980lbs gvrw
Old 07-18-2021, 01:10 PM   #60

Hi Folks...little late to the thread. Just wanted to point out the Furrion 12 volt fridges are having issues blowing fuses at inconvenient times. There are several youtube vids on it. From my understanding Furrion is aware of the problem and working on a new fuse setup. Just thought folks considering this option should know. I think it's a great idea...had a 12 volt Norcold in our boat and it was going strong when I sold it.
Pullrite Superglide.
Mikayles is offline   Reply With Quote