Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-24-2020, 04:50 PM   #1

Jayco Warranty Repair Delays

Sorry if I repeat a recent discussion as I've been off the forum for a while. Dropped our 2019 Jayco 355MBQS off at dealer on December 31, 2019 for a couple of warranty fixes and to repack the wheel bearings for the first time since taking delivery. I get a call from the dealership saying all four bearing seals are blown, grease all over everything. They say they'll get with Jayco and get it covered under warranty. Here it is January 24th and they still haven't gotten the authorization from Jayco to fix it. Evidently Jayco has a new warranty submission system that has crashed several times and is still not fixed, holding up many repairs. Has anyone else experienced this?????
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 06:07 PM   #2
CAG

Before I would blame Jayco, I would call them and ask where it might be in the system. Many times people have been told by the dealer that the manufacturer is holding things up only to find they never submitted it to the manufacturer.

The bearing seals is a known issue and falls back on the axle manufacturer, usually Lippert. They had a bunch go bad.

CAG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 06:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
Before I would blame Jayco, I would call them and ask where it might be in the system. Many times people have been told by the dealer that the manufacturer is holding things up only to find they never submitted it to the manufacturer.

The bearing seals is a known issue and falls back on the axle manufacturer, usually Lippert. They had a bunch go bad.
+1...had it happen to me.
Old 01-24-2020, 08:12 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkymntsno View Post
Sorry if I repeat a recent discussion as I've been off the forum for a while. Dropped our 2019 Jayco 355MBQS off at dealer on December 31, 2019 for a couple of warranty fixes and to repack the wheel bearings for the first time since taking delivery. I get a call from the dealership saying all four bearing seals are blown, grease all over everything. They say they'll get with Jayco and get it covered under warranty. Here it is January 24th and they still haven't gotten the authorization from Jayco to fix it. Evidently Jayco has a new warranty submission system that has crashed several times and is still not fixed, holding up many repairs. Has anyone else experienced this?????
If you are dealing with a particular dealer in Buda, I would verify repairs were done. I experienced the same bearing problem and had to replace my brake backing plates and seals myself at my own expense. Pull the drums and inspect!

2021 Coachmen Freelander 29KB
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
NSA Ready Brute Elite II tow bar
Springhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 08:06 AM   #5

Agreed. The "Dealer" is a dead zone if we fail to follow up. Call Jayco warranty dept. Have your VIN# ready. Jayco assigns a rep to investigate and follow the warranty claim. Document the warranty number and the names of personnel. The dealer has hundreds of customers and warranty dept has to many "learners" working there.

Squeaky wheel gets the oil.

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 08:15 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springhook View Post
If you are dealing with a particular dealer in Buda, I would verify repairs were done. I experienced the same bearing problem and had to replace my brake backing plates and seals myself at my own expense. Pull the drums and inspect!
It is Crestview but it's in Selma, TX, right outside of San Antonio. Nothing but good things to say about them. This is my second RV purchased from them. I did follow up with Jayco about a week after dropping it off. They took about two weeks to get back to me and admitted they have system problems they're working out. And they are now working things out with the service dept finally.
Old 01-25-2020, 10:00 AM   #7

Quote:
It is Crestview but it's in Selma, TX, right outside of San Antonio. Nothing but good things to say about them. This is my second RV purchased from them. I did follow up with Jayco about a week after dropping it off. They took about two weeks to get back to me and admitted they have system problems they're working out. And they are now working things out with the service dept finally.
I've been fairly satisfied with my Crestview dealer until this event. Could have been isolated. But, please double check their work, especially work on brakes. When I pulled my drums, I had 2 wheels where brake shoes were metal on metal.

2021 Coachmen Freelander 29KB
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
NSA Ready Brute Elite II tow bar
Springhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 11:34 AM   #8

Quote:
Evidently Jayco has a new warranty submission system that has crashed several times and is still not fixed, holding up many repairs. Has anyone else experienced this?????

The people at Vogt RV in Ft Worth corroborated that Jayco's service software was down for much of the holiday season and only recently back up (was told this last week).

I do not miss platform upgrades.
Angus
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
We don't camp, we don't glamp, we LIVE.
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 01:47 PM   #9

Thanks for the responses. Jayco has already confirmed with me their problems with the system and are still trying to fix the issues. I know I'm not the only one waiting on authorization for warranty work. I'm just thankful it's during our down time of the year.