Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-17-2023, 04:01 PM   #1

Need help with navigating Camping World's Service Dept.

Looking for some help on how to get in touch with Camping World corporate or someone that can help me. I will keep it short as possible. I purchased a NorthPoint 5th wheel from Richardsons RV in Riverside, CA in Sept 2021. I had issues with hydraulic fluid leaking from the curbside front leg in April 2022. I also had a problem with the front, driver's leg collapsing. They replaced the curb leg and could not replicate the problem with the driver's leg so nothing was done. That repair took 3 months.

I picked up my trailer in late June of 2022 and went camping in July. Same issues. Leaks and collapsing. By now, Richardson's was now Camping World. I called early Sept 2022 to take it in and could not get an appt until October. They had me call Jayco to get an extension on my warranty which was up at the end of Sept. I did and Jayco granted the extension. They "fixed" the leaky line on the curbside and replaced the leg on the driver's side.

I picked up my trailer 3 months later and took it out for New Year's eve. The front leg that was just replaced collapsed, with me and my wife inside. Nobody hurt, no damage. I took it back to Camping World in January and had to fight for 2 months because they refused to cover it saying it was now out of warranty.

This time they determined it was a pump issue. I was told they contacted Equalizer, who "In good faith" provided the pump, but I had to pay for the install. I refused stating this was an issue that was brought up a year earlier when I was under warranty and I should not be responsible when you allegedly fixed the problem. They finally agreed to "eat" the installation. I called today to see when I could pick up my trailer and I was told it now has a line leak in the driver's leg they just replaced in December and they won't cover it because it's not under warranty. They want to charge me 1K for the jack plus installation. This was not an issue when I brought it in.

I have already spoke to the Service Manager. He said he is going to reach out to Jayco and Equalizer. I've been down this road already, I know the answer.

Also, I've had to replace batteries because they drain them while it's in for service and when they replaced the legs, they lost a snap pad. Those are not cheap!

Just to recap. Since April 2022, my trailer has been in the service department 8 out of the last 11 months on 3 different occasions for the same problem they are now saying they won't cover because it is now out of warranty.

Any advice will help. Grumpy, any advice?
Trublu1068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 04:58 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trublu1068 View Post
Any advice will help. Grumpy, any advice?
You've gotten all parties involved, there's nobody left.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 05:23 PM   #3
CAG

Do a Google search for California (you show Anaheim at your location) RV Lemon Law attorneys and start making phone calls to these that handle RVs.

CAG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 06:55 PM   #4

It's lawyer time