Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-04-2022, 04:04 PM   #1

Need Queen bed dimensions for 2020 Pinnacle 32RLTS

Hi all,

My husband and I are interested in getting a new mattress for our 2020 Pinnacle 32RLTS bed. According to Consumer Reports, President's Day is a good time to get a good deal on a mattress. The problem is that our trailer is at a dealership getting warranty work done and we don't know when we'll get it back. We want to make sure that we order the correct size to avoid having to return a mattress. I believe that the mattress that came with our trailer is a standard size Queen (60" x 80"). We DID NOT get the King size bed. Can anyone verify the Queen size for us? Added bonus if you can verify the depth of the mattress. We would be very grateful for the help!

Jay Flight G2 26 BHS
Glacier Peak F28 RKS
2020 Pinnacle 32RLTS
2019 Silverado 3500 HD
EmmyLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 04:59 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmyLo View Post
Hi all,

My husband and I are interested in getting a new mattress for our 2020 Pinnacle 32RLTS bed. According to Consumer Reports, President's Day is a good time to get a good deal on a mattress. The problem is that our trailer is at a dealership getting warranty work done and we don't know when we'll get it back. We want to make sure that we order the correct size to avoid having to return a mattress. I believe that the mattress that came with our trailer is a standard size Queen (60" x 80"). We DID NOT get the King size bed. Can anyone verify the Queen size for us? Added bonus if you can verify the depth of the mattress. We would be very grateful for the help!
they use the standard Queen bed and or King bed. Go shopping for your standard Queen bed size and it will fit.
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 06:43 PM   #3

80 X 60 is correct. We just bought a new queen Casper Select from Costco and it is a perfect fit.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 06:53 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by F350guy View Post
80 X 60 is correct. We just bought a new queen Casper Select from Costco and it is a perfect fit.
Just wondering if you've had a chance to sleep on it yet? It looks like it might be a good mattress for us.

Jay Flight G2 26 BHS
Glacier Peak F28 RKS
2020 Pinnacle 32RLTS
2019 Silverado 3500 HD
Old 02-04-2022, 07:43 PM   #5

No we haven't. Just got it a few weeks ago and it will be at least a couple of months before we do, after spring gets in full swing. I would describe it as a good compromise for side and back sleepers as it has a soft couple of inches but then gets supportive. We had something similar for the past 5 or 6 years in a king original Casper for the house. Both of us slept well on it but we wanted an adjustable bed so in November we got the Casper Hybrid Original in a split king. I've read that the Select made for Costco is the same as the original foam for a lot less money.

One thing good about buying from Costco is if you don't like it they will take it back, anytime. We had bought a Sealy Cocoon from them a year and a half ago and hated it. I had read about their return policy, loaded in my truck and took it back to them last month. Got a full refund, no questions asked. The only requirement was no stains on the mattress.
Old 02-05-2022, 12:30 PM   #6

Quote:
No we haven't. Just got it a few weeks ago and it will be at least a couple of months before we do, after spring gets in full swing. I would describe it as a good compromise for side and back sleepers as it has a soft couple of inches but then gets supportive. We had something similar for the past 5 or 6 years in a king original Casper for the house. Both of us slept well on it but we wanted an adjustable bed so in November we got the Casper Hybrid Original in a split king. I've read that the Select made for Costco is the same as the original foam for a lot less money.

One thing good about buying from Costco is if you don't like it they will take it back, anytime. We had bought a Sealy Cocoon from them a year and a half ago and hated it. I had read about their return policy, loaded in my truck and took it back to them last month. Got a full refund, no questions asked. The only requirement was no stains on the mattress.
Your help has been very much appreciated. I did some research on the Casper you mentioned and have decided that we will give it a try. I think it'll be an improvement over the mattress that came with our trailer and suit our needs perfectly.

I read Costco's return policy but wasn't sure if it has to be returned within 100 days or if you have to sleep on it for 100 nights before you return it. The last mattress for our home had to be slept on for 90 before you could return it. Company policy. Boy was I happy when those 3 months were up!

Jay Flight G2 26 BHS
Glacier Peak F28 RKS
2020 Pinnacle 32RLTS
2019 Silverado 3500 HD
Old 02-05-2022, 12:46 PM   #7

The 100 day thing would be something to ask. In store price for the queen is $50 cheaper than the on line price. At least it was at our store.

One thing I forgot to mention is the struts for lifting the bed will not hold up a heavier mattress. The stock ones are rated at 100 pounds. I bought a couple of them rated at 150 pounds as replacements on Amazon and they are just right. Holds up the bed well.
Old 02-05-2022, 03:16 PM   #8

Quote:
The 100 day thing would be something to ask. In store price for the queen is $50 cheaper than the on line price. At least it was at our store.

One thing I forgot to mention is the struts for lifting the bed will not hold up a heavier mattress. The stock ones are rated at 100 pounds. I bought a couple of them rated at 150 pounds as replacements on Amazon and they are just right. Holds up the bed well.
I'll look in the store for the mattress and we'll upgrade our struts. Thank you.

Happy trails!

Jay Flight G2 26 BHS
Glacier Peak F28 RKS
2020 Pinnacle 32RLTS
2019 Silverado 3500 HD
Old 02-05-2022, 08:21 PM   #9

Quote:

What brand struts did you get I might need some myself?
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 09:35 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
What brand struts did you get I might need some myself?
They are Arana brand on Amazon. I don't know how to do a link with my limited IT skills but they are listed as "20 inch 150 lbs (667 N) gas spring shock struts C16-17566".
Old 02-05-2022, 09:40 PM   #11

You can use the stock struts with a heavier mattress.

To use the stock struts, reposition them further to the end of the bed. It will reduce the total opening. But, it will lift the heavier mattress.

We upgraded our king to a better heavier mattress. And repositioned the stock struts to work.

The best option is to upgrade to a stronger strut. This gives you the lift with the opening size.
RDTC is offline   Reply With Quote