Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-23-2018, 07:28 AM   #1

Pinnacle Cable/satellite TV prep

What does the Jayco Pinnacle brochure statement of Cable/satellite TV prep mean.

Is the it wired for a roof mount like a Winegard traveler?
Is there a spot on the roof reinforced for a installation of Winegard traveler?

Any help would be greatly appreciated my dealer is wanting an arm, two legs, and my first born to install a Winegard traveler on my newly ordered Pinnacle.
TGiboney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 09:42 AM   #2

Means that the unit is prewired for such..Jacks located in bedroom..Living room..Basement storage area.Outside tv if equipped...OTA antenna only thing mounted on roof..No prewire for Traveler...
jippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 10:18 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jippo View Post
Means that the unit is prewired for such..Jacks located in bedroom..Living room..Basement storage area.Outside tv if equipped...OTA antenna only thing mounted on roof..No prewire for Traveler...
That changed, right from the brochure.

Soft close kitchen drawers
Stereo sound bar
Roof-mount satellite prep
Dishwasher prep
Oversized battery compartment
Fully painted and clear-coated front cap
Power kitchen vent with wall controls and rain sensor
Old 12-24-2018, 05:49 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
That changed, right from the brochure.

Soft close kitchen drawers
Stereo sound bar
Roof-mount satellite prep
Dishwasher prep
Oversized battery compartment
Fully painted and clear-coated front cap
Power kitchen vent with wall controls and rain sensor
Thanks Grumpy we did not catch that in the brochure until you pointed it out. So does anyone think that 1500.00 in labour is a little stiff if its prepped.

Does anyone out there know what "Roof-mount satellite prep" actually means. Is it wired and does it have a mounting location built in, etc...

I have installed 2 dishes over the span of my life but both have been on houses not a Pinnacle 5th wheel. But I find it hard to believe labor would be 1500.00 if the unit is prepped.

After much research I'm thinking about doing this my self, anyone have some words of wisdom for this newbie to the RV world?
TGiboney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 06:50 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGiboney View Post
Thanks Grumpy we did not catch that in the brochure until you pointed it out. So does anyone think that 1500.00 in labour is a little stiff if its prepped.
Usually means pre-wired and extra bracing, at least our 08 SENECA was. That labor quote probably has some CYA built in for the dealer. Did they say firm $1,500 or up to $1,500?
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 06:54 AM   #6

We had the Winegard Traveler installed on the roof or our 2016 Pinnacle FW. It is mounted in front of and to the left of the TV antenna that comes standard. IMO $1,500 seems high whether it is prepped or not prepped given most places around me charge about $120/hr for an RV tech. That would mean they are saying it will take them about 12 and a half hours to install the dish. Are you sure the $1,500 is not the price of the dish plus installation? The Winegard Tav'ler is club priced at CW for $1,297. That would put your installation between 2 and 3 hours for around $1,500 which is a reasonable.

We love our roof mounted Trav'ler dish. It is easy setup at the campsite. It can take the system 10 to 15 minutes to dial in the satelite, so I usually get that started as soon as I have the FW level and the slides out. We had ours installed as part of the purchase deal. I gave the wife the option of a satellite dish or washer/dryer and bless her heart she chose the satellite dish.
RVing all my life......1st Jayco
ETCrockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 04:53 PM   #7

I've seen installation prices of about $350.
Brewhedd is offline   Reply With Quote