Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-13-2016, 11:15 AM   #301
DAD

Rock, I have not posted to this site, but I have unfortunately had a number of problems, and have had no luck finding a dealer that does not tell me they are booked for months. My 2015 pinnacle 36 FBTS has never adjust brakes. It appears to me that the auto adjust cables are too long. The auto adj. lever is hanging below the Adjuster assy. The lever contacts the adj.assy. to keep it from turning, and unadjusting itself. I have so far had three of the adjusters fall out and find them rolling around inside the drum. Of course I have no/ very little braking. Your adjuster could be jammed in your brake shoes causing it to be stuck on. My slide is also doing exactly what you are describing. Have them pay attention to the position of that lever
DAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 11:40 AM   #302
DAD

I have had my Samsung residential refer out. It is no fun. My icemaker did not work . I found the blue plastic hose going to the valve behind the refer to be kinked I added 6 feet to it and looped it up and around at the rear of refer. You do not have to remove the island. If you need to know complete procedure I can private message you. I had the refer out in the middle of the floor in front of dining table because Samsung tech would not come to RV unless all sides of unit were accessible. I ran into dirty power and blew the thermal fuse. The thermal fuse is inside of refer and does not require removal of refer, but now I know all about it.
DAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 08:42 AM   #303

DAD
I jacked each wheel and all spun with just a little drag as they should. I did not hear anything tumbling around. I would prefer to not have self adjusting and just do it myself. The only reason I have a service date is because it was made during my PDI for some issues that were found. If I could not if got a service date I would fix brake myself but the slide is my bigge. It has to be a signal controller problem. With all I have read the controller should match motor revolutions. I have done the sync procedure three times and it still will cock and stall out. I have to move it in and out several inches to get it to move back in. I will ensure it is fixed and have the dealer put in writing if it happens soon again that I can get it fixed now and not wait two months. I drop it off Monday and will post what they find
Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 08:49 AM   #304

Rock, did they say anything about your slide roofing material being wrinkled?
I took a look at mine again today and it is baby bum smooth from front to back..
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 10:59 AM   #305

klassic
They know about it and r suppose to fix it. The two left slides have some wrinkling at the trim side wall top but the dinning room slide is big time and there is no way the top seal can lay flat against it. No water leaks but as u know it angles up and I do have slide awnings. My concern is seal and slide roof material wear
Rock
Old 01-19-2016, 07:41 AM   #306

So before I left to drop off my rig at the dealer I ran my problem kitchen slide several times and it went in and out without cocking but u could here the motors load up and slide slow down. The first thing dealer asked was if I was only using battery power which I do not. I hope they find something wrong. I also took my heat gun and showed then the left front brake was at 275 and rest at 120. Had to tie wrap my power cord to rear ladder since the power reel would not work once again. I hope this is it and nothing else fails before my summer vacation. I did find the draw above the fireplace had to pry a little to open it the first time. I also have the same problem with usb lighting but no power at couch receptical. Gave up trying to get dvd on main tv to work no signal no matter what source or connection in the cabinet I made. They have a 20 item repair list in detail so now I wait
Rock
Old 01-20-2016, 10:55 AM   #307

Wow, what a thread on the FBTS!! We went to the Tampa RV show last week and almost pulled the trigger on a 36FBTS. Good thing we didn't because we found better pricing elsewhere online. We have a 27DSRL now - we bought it a couple of years ago to see if we would like the "camping thing". Well we really like it so we would like to go to something bigger. We are concerned with how such a large unit will affect the travel experience. We like state parks so we don't stay anywhere longer than a couple of weeks at the most. Does it limit the campsites available? Are the campsites that are available in a less desirable location in the campground where space is available? Is it difficult to maneuver such a large camper or do you just learn how to deal with it?
Also, about the camper, do you run the residential fridge while travelling off the inverter or do you need the gas version to run it on LP while driving?
We definitely need a full king bed. Is the king bed a full 76 x 80?
KYCAMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 03:23 PM   #308
Site Team

The rv king is 72 x 80 in our rig. I am pretty sure that is the norm for rv king slides.

We just added a Sleep Number Premier and that was the same size as the OE 2 rut special!
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 04:35 PM   #309

KYCAMPER,

If you have a decent diesel truck already, you should go for the 36 FBTS. There will be a lot of state owned campgrounds you will not be able to park that unit in. But, I can guarantee that when you are traveling, no matter where you go, it will feel like home!

We bought this same model back in October and was able to use it for a month before we had to put it away for the winter. We have a 1900 mile round trip planned this spring and we can't wait!

Wife and I have had only 5th wheels over the last 12 years so, we are not new to it. But, it is way better built and many more amenities than what we have ever had before. We are excited to get it out of winter storage fairly soon.

As far as the residential fridge.....when you unplug shore power and, hook up the truck, just turn on the inverter while traveling and, your in business. When you stop for overnight and you are going to use shore power, turn it off. Everything will be good.

Good luck in your decision!
dalengail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 08:42 PM   #310

KYCAMPER, we like State Parks and C.O.E. Parks, a lot of the older parks may be hard to get the 36FBTS in, depends on the age of the park and if they've been updated. Like you would be doing, we moved up from a TT (32 ft). The concerns you mentioned were some of the same ones we had. However, that being said, we have no regrets. And as dalengail said "it feels like home". The extra room when camped is great.
16 ft.Nova Craft Prospector Canoe
2 12’ Old Town Loon angler kayaks
okraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 01:09 AM   #311

KYCAMPER,
We picked our 36 FBTS in Oct and our shakedown trip was 6500+ miles. New to 5th wheels but in our opinion you can't go wrong with the Jayco 36 FBTS. It's big but pulls great and I quickly got used to maneuvering in parks of various sizes. Total comfort and home on wheels. Currently in storage but looking forward to hitting the road again in about a month or two. Plus the experience you gain from this thread is HUGE... Best of luck
Old 01-23-2016, 08:49 AM   #312

KYCAMPER
If you have a LWB HD truck your set for a standard hitch, if you have SWB HD you'll want to purchase a sliding 5th wheel hitch for use when maneuvering. Pulling the 36FBTS is no big deal once you get used to it.
Slotted and Dimpled Brake Rotors
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Airbags with WirelessAIR Controller
TexasRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 08:52 AM   #313

Guys &Gals
I contacted carefree awning yesterday and they sent me pdf files of our awning owner Manuel, parts breakdown and info on there so called rafter. That has the bracket that attached to camper and supports the center of roller when closed. It also has a connecting bar that runs all the way out for center support and a another adjustable rod that runs to the ground. Those remove for traveling. Also our big awning can be closed as long as it is adjusted side to side no more than three adjustments different. Can also be closed in any adjustment as long as both sides are the same. They note the small awning on the slide must be at the same adjustment side to side to close. I can e mail the pdf to an e mail or just call them
Rock
Old 01-23-2016, 12:12 PM   #314

Thanks Rock,
I certainly would like an e-copy of awning manuals.! Would you be so kind to send one my way via email? at some point in the future, first few rounds will be on me! Thanks again.
Old 01-28-2016, 10:50 AM   #315

I may have mentioned earlier in this thread about a company over in the next county east of us here in Lagrange. The company is called Indiana Interstate Enterprises. When it comes to repairs, add ons and modifications, this guy, Paul Cross, is slick!

On Monday, he installed the 3 slide room toppers on our 2015 36FBTS. Yesterday, drove over to look at his work and took some pictures. I noticed that he mounted the hardware in such a way that, I had never thought of before. Maybe some of you folks who have this model that have toppers on from the factory can compare. But, he bolted the hardware to the aluminum "T" molding across the top of the rooms. Not screwed to the fiberglass in the top corners. Makes the most sense I have heard of . Maybe the factory is doing this and I have not noticed or paid attention to this detail before. I just know that on our previous SOB, the hardware was screwed into the fiberglass.
dalengail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 08:12 AM   #316

Can someone tell me which one of the Low Point Drains is for draining the fresh water tank? Thanks
Old 01-29-2016, 08:15 AM   #317
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalengail View Post
.....snip..
On Monday, he installed the 3 slide room toppers on our 2015 36FBTS. Yesterday, drove over to look at his work and took some pictures. I noticed that he mounted the hardware in such a way that, I had never thought of before. Maybe some of you folks who have this model that have toppers on from the factory can compare. But, he bolted the hardware to the aluminum "T" molding across the top of the rooms. Not screwed to the fiberglass in the top corners. Makes the most sense I have heard of . Maybe the factory is doing this and I have not noticed or paid attention to this detail before. I just know that on our previous SOB, the hardware was screwed into the fiberglass.
Could you post some pics? It makes more sense for drainage.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 08:17 AM   #318

Should be sticking out of the bottom along with over flow behind the last wheel on the door side
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 08:23 AM   #319

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
Should be sticking out of the bottom along with over flow behind the last wheel on the door side
Thanks klassic, I'll check it out.
Old 01-29-2016, 08:42 AM   #320

dalengail
After seeing your post I checked mine, on the kitchen and bedroom slides my brackets are mounted to the slide framed trim as you described. On the dining room slide the brackets are mounted to the slide exterior wall not the framed trim. I never noticed this until you mentioned it. Apparently different people mounted them on each side. To be honest, with the amount of sealant and mounting screws used on the wall mounted brackets I don't see it being issue though. Although it would have been better to have the front mounted like the back, but it can't be changed at this point.