Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-17-2020, 03:06 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
Were you able to see the one under the stove? On my North Point the valve was pushed up behind the oven and the only way you could see it was with a mirror...................another one of Jayco's engineering accomplishments
Ours was like this as well- you had to remove the bottom drawer and use a mirror to finally see the valve. It was located all the way against the outer wall.
Honsinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 03:22 PM   #22

Water to refrigerator!

Thanks for all the suggestions. We did find all the different spots and finally got water in the refrigerator. Not sure on why we aren't getting ice yet but somebody wrote it takes 24 hours so we will see.
dvkeiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 05:45 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvkeiser View Post
Thanks for all the suggestions. We did find all the different spots and finally got water in the refrigerator. Not sure on why we aren't getting ice yet but somebody wrote it takes 24 hours so we will see.
Well..............which spot did the trick????????
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 05:56 PM   #24

Residential fridge in 2020 377rlbh Northpoint

Quote:

One thing to check on the ice is to make sure the “Chute” from the water line into the ice tray is not frozen up. Happens to me sometimes. Oh yay and that you have the ice maker switched on...

2012 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie DRW - High Output 6.7L Cummins, Max Tow, FireStone Airbags, 60 Gallon Titan XXL fuel tank, Fully Deleted
2017 Jayco North Point 377rlbh with Kaut NV 2.0 bike rack
jasonmiddlebrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 06:00 PM   #25

Quote:
somebody wrote it takes 24 hours so we will see.
If I recall, mine took nearly 48 hours before it started pooping out ice........hasn't stopped pooping since
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 06-17-2020, 06:54 PM   #26

I HAD that system on our 2020 336FBOK, I replumbed ours to eliminate the pump, jug, and all the extra plumbing. I to felt it made little too no sense to have it the original way. I recommend either buying or borrowing a PEX tool kit if you are going to attempt it. It isn't difficult.

Andy, Sherrie, Dixie, and Daisy
2020 Jayco 336FBOK Modern Farmhouse
2020 Chevy Silverado 2500 SRW Duramax 10 speed GM/ Allison
CURT Q20 on R20 Slider
AndyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 09:14 AM   #27

Yes it took a while but we have ice too!
Old 06-18-2020, 09:16 AM   #28

Not 100% sure which one or if it was a matter of what we had turned on first, etc. But believe the one through cupboard by stove.
Old 06-18-2020, 05:33 PM   #29

I may have to start a new thread but have a question about the Whirlpool fridge. We had a Samsung in our last 2 rv's that had an ice maker but no filter. This is our first one with water in the door. We may be home a month or so before we go again. Without the fridge running it would seem the water trapped in the filter and lines would get a little funky especially in hot weather. Any suggestions?
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 05:51 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by F350guy View Post
I may have to start a new thread but have a question about the Whirlpool fridge. We had a Samsung in our last 2 rv's that had an ice maker but no filter. This is our first one with water in the door. We may be home a month or so before we go again. Without the fridge running it would seem the water trapped in the filter and lines would get a little funky especially in hot weather. Any suggestions?
You can remove the filter when not in use and drain or blow it out........should be fine. We had a filter in our North Point which we had a year and were not full time and did not experience a problem.
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 06-20-2020, 05:25 PM   #31

Following back around on the Northpoint 377 with whirlpool residential fridge and the water pump system. Finally got it working and have got water out of spout and fridge and making ice !!!! Pump must be real sensitive, ended up unscrewing it from the wall and moving it back a few inches and it must have had a pinch in the line cause it started priming and pumping and so far working great !!! Thanks for all the suggestions and tips !!! Love this forum, you guys are very helpful !!!
bshivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 12:06 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovedogs View Post
Following as we can’t get the ice maker to work. We do get water but no ice. If I find out anything else I’ll let you know.
Any time water is cut off and then back on like leaving storage and arriving at camping site. We have to remove the ice bin and push the reset or on off switch to the spring feeling side to cycle ice maker and it will make ice till next outing. Not sure on water issue.
SnappyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 12:20 PM   #33

Dual Fridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by peoples1234 View Post
Do you have water in the 5 gallon bucket in the storage area? It pulls from that bottle. If you turn the pump on, and it doesn’t prime in a few seconds, your not getting water. It does not pull from the water tank.
So does all 2020 North Points draw from 5 gal tank for ice maker. I’ve been trying to figure out why I wasn’t getting ice.
USNMA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 12:41 PM   #34

Good luck with the dealer, if it's RV One. They have 75 units in the shop and only 2 techs. My trailer has been there for 10 days and it haven't even been checked. Unacceptable! Anyway, next time keep trying making the water dispenser to work. Some times I think there is air in the line. Make sure ice maker is on and also refrigerator is in rapid ice or fast ice (I don't remember).
Hman0109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 01:15 PM   #35

Yes Hman0109. Fridge and water spout draws from 5gal jug. Pull ice bin inside fridge and make sure it’s on. On front of fridge turn on fast ice. Had ice within 24hrs.
bshivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 03:29 PM   #36

You say the "valve is open," are you sure? My dealer told me the valve pointed one way it works the sink dispenser and if it's turned the other way and it feeds the fridge. Wrong! Make sure the vale is turned parallel with the water line and it should work both. Also, check the low point drain under the rig to make sure it is closed as well. Found out the hard way and drained over half a full 5 gal bottle of fresh water on my driveway!
dennygjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 03:57 PM   #37

Are you sure that pump is a 12v? Mine is a 120v, never heard of a 120 v in a RV before, so I guess it was easier to wire to 120 then run a 12v line. (and it is not hooked up the inventor, no power while boondocking...Just an FYI)

I did the the same as AndyO...I put in a bybass so the refrigerator runs of the city water or the 5 gal bucket...took all but 5 mins to correct.

And yes, that pump is loud.
Canecrazy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 04:21 PM   #38

Is your filter installed in the fridge? It may have come without the filter installed or not installed properly. Do you hear the valve on the fridge open when you're calling for water through the door?
dbvano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 05:51 PM   #39

Most refrigerators have electric solinoids that open the water, yours could be inoperative. Unless you find the valve shut off. Can you disconnect the line at the refrigerator and see if water comes out.
Bill Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 05:53 PM   #40

I did the bypass on mine yesterday so it will now feed off the regular water supply. I left everything in place so I can go back to the jug system if need be. I disconnected the lines from the push connectors on the pump under the sink and used a push coupler to join them. On the outside I cut the flex line coming from the whole house water filter and put in a PEX tee. From the tee I used a 1/2 to 1/4 reducer with a shut off and connected the line from the jug. I like the theory behind using the jug but the actual use was a little more than I like to mess with.

While is was under there I didn't like the idea of having to remove the panel covering the water lines as I do like to look for leaks on occasion. I had a piece of leftover piano hinge and a latch so I now have a door for easy access.
Attached Thumbnails
Water Compartment (2).jpg   Door (2).jpg  
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote