Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-23-2017, 04:01 PM   #1

shade on entrance door window

We have a 2017 Eagle 321RSTS that we got last year. Our friends recently took delivery on a 2017 Eagle 317RLOK. These are 2 very similar trailers except for the living room layout and the outside kitchen on theirs.
I noticed the other day that theirs has a pull down shade in the entrance door window where ours does not. Our window unit appears to be the same with space for a shade and some tabs where it looks like one could snap in.

So my question is, before I go back to the dealer to ask why I didn't get a shade, how many of you with late model Eagles have a shade?
2016 GMC 3500 Denali CC D/A
Dave&Vivian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 12:56 PM   #2

I have a 2017 Jayco HT 28.5 RSTS and I didn't come with a shade either on the front door but has a place for it. I talked with the dealership and I am suppose to get it when I take the trailer in for warranty work on May 8th.
gorpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 03:47 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Vivian View Post
We have a 2017 Eagle 321RSTS that we got last year. Our friends recently took delivery on a 2017 Eagle 317RLOK. These are 2 very similar trailers except for the living room layout and the outside kitchen on theirs.
I noticed the other day that theirs has a pull down shade in the entrance door window where ours does not. Our window unit appears to be the same with space for a shade and some tabs where it looks like one could snap in.

So my question is, before I go back to the dealer to ask why I didn't get a shade, how many of you with late model Eagles have a shade?
I would call Jayco and find out from them.
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 11:00 AM   #4

yes, call Jayco.

Our new 2017 Eagle HT 27.5 rlts came with the shade on the window
Old 05-03-2017, 07:31 PM   #5

I've been in contact with my dealer because they are going to replace the mattress which is a real POS and is another story by itself. The mattress has been approved to be replaced under warranty - not sure how long that will take.
The window shade is also being addressed by the dealer but I haven't gotten any definite answer from them as to why I didn't get it initially and if they are going to get me one. Time to make another phone call and see whats going on.

Thanks for the replies that point to the fact that there should have been a shade when I took delivery.
Old 05-04-2017, 08:52 AM   #6
Site Team

The shades might have been out of stock/factory backorder/vendor change, and Jayco sure isn't going to stop production for that. Build 'em and see if they notice??

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 09:07 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post
The shades might have been out of stock/factory backorder/vendor change, and Jayco sure isn't going to stop production for that. Build 'em and see if they notice??
You got that right. I think that's why we got a crap mattress with no name brand on it instead of the Simmons that Jayco says it puts in their trailers.
Old 05-04-2017, 09:17 AM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Vivian View Post
You got that right. I think that's why we got a crap mattress with no name brand on it instead of the Simmons that Jayco says it puts in their trailers.
We got the Simmons in ours, and it's in a storage bag in the garage attic. It's got a new (haven't slept on it, yet) memory foam mattress, now. We can't wait to try it out. The original was OK for a weekend, but not any longer.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 10:52 AM   #9

I'm not holding out much hope for the new mattress after seeing all posts about them. We'll try it for a while. Can't be much worse than the first one.

Two calls in to the dealer today and no call back yet about the shade. For not having a shade I sure feel like I'm in the dark.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:24 PM   #10

Window shade

We also have the Eagle RSTS 2016 no shade. Were they suppose to come with them? Its interesting we were looking at an after market shade about two months ago.Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
DTOP7.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 12:26 PM   #11

We got one for our 16 Eagle did not come with Denver Pillow Top by Lippert. Its at our Dealer Ship ready to pick up.
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 12:33 PM   #12

We have 2017 TT version (330RSTS) of your 321RSTS and ours DOES have the window shade in the door. Ours was built mid October.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:57 PM   #13

Awesome Mattress

Our 2014 Melbourne 29D came with a "Denver" mattress. My wife and I agreed from Day 1 of 3 years that it was the most comfortable mattress we've ever slept on. Have no idea WHY that would be. I'd buy one for our Precept if I had any way to specify EXACTLY what the Model Number was. Unfortunately, "specs" and objective measurement are anathema to the mattress industry.
chasfenwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 01:19 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasfenwick View Post
Our 2014 Melbourne 29D came with a "Denver" mattress. My wife and I agreed from Day 1 of 3 years that it was the most comfortable mattress we've ever slept on. Have no idea WHY that would be. I'd buy one for our Precept if I had any way to specify EXACTLY what the Model Number was. Unfortunately, "specs" and objective measurement are anathema to the mattress industry.
They must use a different grade Denver in the class C, because the Denver they supplied us ina TT was complete junk.
Old 05-04-2017, 01:32 PM   #15

Could you please post the brand and model number for the door shade. I would like to install a pull down roller shade in the door of my 28 bhbe.
trashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 03:13 PM   #16

Heard back from our salesman. He confirmed that there should be a shade in the entry door window. Will be getting one from Jayco. Thanks for listening.
Old 05-05-2017, 07:22 PM   #17

So today the guy who handles warranty issues at the dealer calls and says that he called Jayco and they said that our trailer does not come with a shade in the door window unless it is ordered as an option. It never came up when we ordered the trailer. The dealer is getting one from the factory and then I guess we have to argue about who will pay for it. The saga continues.
Old 05-06-2017, 05:22 AM   #18

I find it EXTREMELY hard to believe that this type of item would be stock on one model in the Eagle line and optional on another.

These are NOT on the standard "public" options list when you order so are they a super secret "pink list" item that almost no one knows or is told about by the dealers/salesmen? Or does the line crew building or installing the doors just randomly pick which units get shades and which don't?

This is not the first time I have seen someone post this issue either. It has been brought up before, not only on the door shade but the hallway shade as well. We ORDERED our trailer exactly like we wanted and the shade's never came up but still got them on the door AND the hallway. So according to what you were already told, we shouldn't have gotten one.

If you haven't already, I would be calling Jayco and let them tell you why a different Eagle 5er and TT of the same year got them and you didn't? Just sayin.........
Old 05-06-2017, 11:45 AM   #19

Hey thanks to you we found that we did have a window shade on the door. When taking a closer look at the door we noticed the channels coming down the sides of the opening. Voila, we saw the pull down at the top of the window. We saw the one on the hall window probably because it was down during the walk-thru.

Thanks,

Betty&Phil
2017 330RSTS
Betty&Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 02:25 PM   #20

My 2017 Eagle 293RKDS came standard with the entry door shade. It came off the line 03/10/17. All the Eagles in the lot had them as well. Don't know about the HT versions as we didn't look at any of those.

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote