Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-05-2021, 02:42 PM   #481

Factory Rep called me this morning and my date to take the Pinnicle to the factory is January 03, 2022 . I sure hope it does not snow on the 2nd or 3rd. Said they would pay for fuel one way. Did not even think about asking until I saw it on here yesterday.

Larry Wagner
Stewartstown PA
2019 Jayco Pinnacle 36SSWS (Louise)
2019 Chevelet Silverado 3500 Dully Duramax Engine (Allison Transmission) (Thelma)
pawags45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 03:05 PM   #482

Mine was crack on both sides of the my 385 THWS. Got it fixed by Jayco in Fort Worth at Vogt RV. They did not add an expantion joint. New cracks started on both sides after the first 400 miles! Now it is scheduled to go back in for both sides to fixed (Jayco so called fix) on Dec 3 2021. When will Jayco engineering learn to put in the expantion joint?????? Has enyone added they own expantion joint? I hate to have to fix it myself as the unit is still under wanenty. I would NEVER NEVER buy a Jayco again!
alan bergkamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 07:08 AM   #483

We have the Northpoint and hitch set up below. The truck is stock except for a set of timbrens I had from my previous truck and installed them. We travel heavy on the front of the fiver with 3400 pound hitch weight. The truck can carry 6500 pounds in the bed so the hitch weight is not a problem. We have a washer dryer combo, the front closet is loaded with clothes, and under the bed is loaded because we full time. So far no crack after about 9000 miles on the fiver with three trips to Florida and back on some really bad roads.

Traded: 2018 RAM 3500 DRW, 4X4, 4.10, 6.4 Hemi, Curt A20 hitch, Tire Minder

2018 North Point 315rlts with most of the options.
JohnWedell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 11:24 AM   #484

New to the club with the crack. Ours is a 2020 355 MBQS, we’ve had it about a year. Crack appeared after our last trip. Came from the master bedroom slide, going down and towards the front - 2” long.

Tow with a F350 - no airbags.

We have 2 trips scheduled between now and the 4th and I’m hoping to still be able to go before turning it in for repair - anyone think that’d be a problem?
Ranger431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 09:17 PM   #485

Location: Full timing in the 377, but Llano, Texas is now home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger431 View Post
New to the club with the crack. Ours is a 2020 355 MBQS, we’ve had it about a year. Crack appeared after our last trip. Came from the master bedroom slide, going down and towards the front - 2” long.

Tow with a F350 - no airbags.

We have 2 trips scheduled between now and the 4th and I’m hoping to still be able to go before turning it in for repair - anyone think that’d be a problem?

We all feel your pain. You can still tow it, it’s not structural failure going on, just flex…else it be a horrendous mess there when hitched, however, just take a consistent framed picture 12” away with crack in center before and after each tow to document its progress. You might try to feed minute amt of silicone in the crack when hitched to keep water out. Our first crack grew to about 8 or 9” over 10 mos before we could get it back to Jayco Service. It can grow 1/8 to 1/4” with each long days trip. Our final repair after the third crack was a surface expansion relief joint by Jayco Service last Sept. No problems since. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8650.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	72422
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Dskyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 07:59 PM   #486

I am curious to know if anyone with a front bathroom model (FBTS) has had the dreaded sidewall crack. I made a comment in another post that the slide on the models with the front bathroom is further back over the basement area and behind the overhang radius. There would be a lot less stress in the corners due to the amount of material over which the stress loads would be distributed. Conversely there would be a tremendous amount of stress at the bottom of the large cutout in the sidewall for slides that are forward in the overhang. Therefore the reason for the additional reinforcement that is added in the corners during the repairs.
Demco 18K Autoslide Hitch and Timbrens
2019 Ford F350 SB 6.7L Diesel (Gone)
Radar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 07:50 AM   #487

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
There seems to be a lot more members who have experienced the sidewall/stress crack of late. I do not believe there to be any correlation between what setup you have and your likelihood of getting the crack. As an unscientific study, I would like you to state your TV, hitch (when crack showed up) pin box, airbags on truck?, and how long it took for the crack to develop (time or miles) to see if we can find some common thread for those with cracked sidewalls.

2014 Ford F-350 with airbags
Curt Q25
Stock MorRyde pin box
About a year(less than 6k miles)
I have a 2019 Pinnicle 36SSWS TV is a 2019 Chevelet 3500 Diesel Dully pin box is Moride and the Pullrite 18K..crack showed up in about 1.5yrs.

There is a study already done on this. Just type in search Sidewall Crack. People with every type of set up has gotten the sidewall crack sooner or later. It's not a matter of if you will get it. It's a matter of when you will get it.

Larry Wagner
Stewartstown PA
2019 Jayco Pinnacle 36SSWS (Louise)
2019 Chevelet Silverado 3500 Dully Duramax Engine (Allison Transmission) (Thelma)
pawags45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 10:05 AM   #488

2021 Seismic 4113 Toyhauler.

Chevy 3500 DRW Tow vehicle no airbags

Curt 28K hitch

Our crack appeared 1 year from purchase - 2500miles

Ours is different, it comes from the rear bottom of the bedroom slide extending towards the back of the trailer.

I put white gorilla duct tape on the crack to keep dirt out and track crack progression.

At the dealer now, must be shipped to Jayco for repair, worst part, Jayco is 3 months backed up....

They are calling it a "SLO" crack, "slideout".

Now we need to cancel a ton of trips.

h3is3m2n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 06:13 PM   #489

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar57 View Post
I am curious to know if anyone with a front bathroom model (FBTS) has had the dreaded sidewall crack. I made a comment in another post that the slide on the models with the front bathroom is further back over the basement area and behind the overhang radius. There would be a lot less stress in the corners due to the amount of material over which the stress loads would be distributed. Conversely there would be a tremendous amount of stress at the bottom of the large cutout in the sidewall for slides that are forward in the overhang. Therefore the reason for the additional reinforcement that is added in the corners during the repairs.
Nope. My 2016 FBTS is fine and a bunch of towing miles that have broke off ceiling fan blades to large pieces of trim. Thank
You open borders supporting illegals and not road paving.
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote