Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-23-2018, 02:38 PM   #1

Spring mess

Well my dealer got my replacement “upgraded” springs for my 2019 377 and they let me take them to put on. Such a clown show.

The new springs are setup for spring over application not spring under as my factory springs were. Not a big deal, remove the pin, flip it around, reinstall.

I get the first one on and find one of the nuts for the dexter wet bolt kit was put on cross threaded. I had to tap the nut and clean up the threads in the bolt. Morons.

Jayco did not include new u-bolts with the springs. It is always recommended that they be replace when removed but considering I am leaving Saturday I was going to reuse them. Well scratch that idea. They aren’t long enough because the new spring packs have an extra leaf.

Already been to one spring place trying to source new u-bolts. No luck. Just going to put the factory spring back on and hope the tires don’t rub the bottom of the trailer that bad.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4917.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	255.6 KB
ID:	43400

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4916.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	43401

Tow Rig: 2015 Ford F-450 Platinum, airbags, B&W Companion hitch for factory puck system.
prm99v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 02:50 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by prm99v6 View Post
Well my dealer got my replacement “upgraded” springs for my 2019 377 and they let me take them to put on. Such a clown show.

The new springs are setup for spring over application not spring under as my factory springs were. Not a big deal, remove the pin, flip it around, reinstall.

I get the first one on and find one of the nuts for the dexter wet bolt kit was put on cross threaded. I had to tap the nut and clean up the threads in the bolt. Morons.

Jayco did not include new u-bolts with the springs. It is always recommended that they be replace when removed but considering I am leaving Saturday I was going to reuse them. Well scratch that idea. They aren’t long enough because the new spring packs have an extra leaf.

Already been to one spring place trying to source new u-bolts. No luck. Just going to put the factory spring back on and hope the tires don’t rub the bottom of the trailer that bad.
JAYCO probably shipped exactly what the dealer ordered.
Grumpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 02:54 PM   #3

Spring mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
JAYCO probably shipped exactly what the dealer ordered.

The entire thing originated with Jayco not the dealer. They should know what parts were on it and what will fit.

His is the second time Jayco sent the wrong stuff. They agreed to send me all the sheet metal for the front so that it would wrap around to the frame. They sent all the wrong stuff. That didn’t originate with the dealer either. All Jayco.

Tow Rig: 2015 Ford F-450 Platinum, airbags, B&W Companion hitch for factory puck system.
Old 08-23-2018, 02:56 PM   #4

WOW that's a lot of work. God bless you.
2naEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 03:09 PM   #5

Quote:
The entire thing originated with Jayco not the dealer. They should know what parts were on it and what will fit.

His is the second time Jayco sent the wrong stuff. They agreed to send me all the sheet metal for the front so that it would wrap around to the frame. They sent all the wrong stuff. That didn’t originate with the dealer either. All Jayco.
Then I'd be on the phone and tell them you want the rest overnighted. They have done that before when they mess up.
Grumpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 04:30 PM   #6

Sounds like just normal Jayco stuff, must have been first day on the job for spring guy!We try and never ever talk or deal with Jayco.Makes me sleep better at night!2 years and 11 months of warranty was enough for me. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
100_0357.1584.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 04:54 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
Sounds like just normal Jayco stuff, must have been first day on the job for spring guy!We try and never ever talk or deal with Jayco.Makes me sleep better at night!2 years and 11 months of warranty was enough for me. Thanks

I should have known. I’ve done a lot of suspension work on Jeeps. The original spring is going back on now. I’m going to get better bushings to press into the spring packs and some good U bolts and do it next week.

Old 08-24-2018, 04:01 AM   #8

Any truck spring shop can make you new u-bolts any size. You're correct, you should never reuse spring u-bolts.

Earl
Line-X premium
Mopar wheel to wheel steps
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 10:49 AM   #9

Quote:

This must have been covered under your warranty. In light of that why in the world are you doing the labor??? I surely wouldn't. After shelling out tens of thousands of dollars there is no way in hell that I'm going to lift a finger for warranty work............JMHO.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 11:46 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
This must have been covered under your warranty. In light of that why in the world are you doing the labor??? I surely wouldn't. After shelling out tens of thousands of dollars there is no way in hell that I'm going to lift a finger for warranty work............JMHO.
May be the difference between getting it done and getting it done right.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 03:27 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post

I have the experience and the tools to do it and I was trying to get it done before a trip. It’s also knowing it was done right.