Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-30-2021, 01:29 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by andycook281 View Post
Just had the same thing happen to me last week. The water from the hook up above the valves leaks onto the handles for grey and black tanks. It then corroded the rods. Not a good design. Spray them down with wd40 or aerokroil let soak and it will free. Then I put some white lithium grease on the cable rods.
It's crazy how stuck they get from a little corrosion. Pulling straight out the whole panel would bulge out from the pressure. Once a little clockwise counter-clockwise twist on the shaft was done, it broke mine free.

Nissan Titan <- Fleetwood Sea Pine Popup / JayFeather X23J / Whitehawk 27 DSRL
RAM 1500 HEMI <- Whitehawk 27 DSRL
RAM 3500 TD <- Eagle HT 30.5 CKTS
Highlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 01:31 PM   #22

I had same problem on my Pinnacle 36KPTS last summer. Had a mobile tech come to campsite to fix it He yanked on T handle much harder than I was comfortable yanking on it and he freed it up and then lubed it with this which I now use on all grey and black tank cables every few months by spraying on cable at T handle and working it in and out several times after I dump. HHS Plus https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X44D5SR..._WrAvdHF2x29gX
thelfrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 01:39 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelfrich View Post
I had same problem on my Pinnacle 36KPTS last summer. Had a mobile tech come to campsite to fix it He yanked on T handle much harder than I was comfortable yanking on it and he freed it up and then lubed it with this which I now use on all grey and black tank cables every few months by spraying on cable at T handle and working it in and out several times after I dump. HHS Plus https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X44D5SR..._WrAvdHF2x29gX
Yep, I had a mobile tech lined up to come to the storage facility to get mine freed. Was looking at over $300 to drop the underbelly.
Nissan Titan <- Fleetwood Sea Pine Popup / JayFeather X23J / Whitehawk 27 DSRL
RAM 1500 HEMI <- Whitehawk 27 DSRL
RAM 3500 TD <- Eagle HT 30.5 CKTS
Highlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 03:01 PM   #24

if worse comes to worse, get a marine push/pull cable from a boat shop. prices are cheaper for one that is 10x better than the one you need replaced. search the net, you'll see
dogmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 08:20 PM   #25

Cable probably bad/ frozen/ rusty, remove and operate valve direct?
thenne1713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 08:57 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by andycook281 View Post
Just had the same thing happen to me last week. The water from the hook up above the valves leaks onto the handles for grey and black tanks. It then corroded the rods. Not a good design. Spray them down with wd40 or aerokroil let soak and it will free. Then I put some white lithium grease on the cable rods.
Will sure give this a try to see if it helps with the issue. It’s gotten much worse over the past few months. Thanks!
Old 07-01-2021, 07:08 AM   #27

Hi Everyone, I had this problem with my 2009 Glacier Edge TT. The black water tank cable was frozen with the valve shut so it was a big job to repair. Since our TT was permanently placed at an RV camp and up against a 600 square foot elevated deck I had to do it myself. I ended up installing a new gate valve as well as a new cable. What a job !!! You have to remove the underbelly liner and insulation to get to the valve etc. I ended up replacing the insulation with rigid styrofoam and the underbelly was replaced with furring out the frame with preserved wood and a high phenolic faced plywood underbelly cover that I could remove easily. Have since sold the unit and now have a 2020 Jayco 29RKS. It's obvious that it has a similar system of cable connected gate valves to the three tanks. Who comes up with this design of cables to release a gate valve??? You can't easily access them so it is pretty much impossible to carry out regular maintenance such as lubrication. Just a matter of time before they all will need attention
CBCOCRBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 07:18 AM   #28

I did this mod, no more trouble!

https://youtu.be/2GDErKY05-8
Old 07-02-2021, 08:50 AM   #29

I had the same issue and finally I just did as someone else mentioned.....put a pair of pliers on just behind the plastic handle and turned it back and forth a few times and it worked!! I lubed them all up good. No problems since!!

My Smoker Adventure:
I bought a really cool small smoker, if interested PM me.
Spower is offline   Reply With Quote