Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-06-2018, 07:02 AM   #1

Tampa RV (RV One)

We bot a 377RLBH from them at the end of last year and paid them to deliver it 4 hours away (we don't have a big enough tow vehicle).

They were unable to complete some of the clean up repairs prior to their promised delivery date but told us they would have a mobile tech come down and finish the work. But getting them out has proven difficult.

I am wondering if anyone else has had similar issues with them?

thanks

Van Sayler
vsayler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 07:21 AM   #2

Search the forum for that company...a number of entries about its service.

John from Central Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 08:10 AM   #3

From what I have read, expect great pricing from RVone, but that's it. The trade off for low pricing is no after sale support. Good luck.
Lowmiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 08:27 AM   #4

Same experience and I was only 20 miles from them at the time., I also wouldn't recommend camping world of Tampa either (been there done that also).

2014 Ram Dually 6.7 Diesel
2016 North Point 375BHFS
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 08:42 AM   #5

The Orlando store is no different. GREAT price for the RV, REALLY AWFUL SERVICE after the fact. I took my Seismic in for repairs and they said they needed to order parts, but everything else was completed. Not the case at all, I have been waiting since December for my parts to come in and they got 1 repair done correct and are trying to BS me about the other stuff they "fixed". Buyer beware of the RV One stealerships!!!
7.3 Fan clutch upgrade, Mishimoto coolant filter
Airlift bags on rear
Reese 20K hitch
2005 H-D Screamin Eagle (Banana)
Wusaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 08:49 AM   #6

Only positive I've heard for service (warranty) from a few folks in the general area was Tradewinds RV in Ocala. I've never been there but wish I did better research. I would of paid more just to get some kind of service.

2016 North Point 375BHFS
Old 02-06-2018, 08:58 AM   #7

Tampa RV (RV One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wusaah View Post
The Orlando store is no different. GREAT price for the RV, REALLY AWFUL SERVICE after the fact. I took my Seismic in for repairs and they said they needed to order parts, but everything else was completed. Not the case at all, I have been waiting since December for my parts to come in and they got 1 repair done correct and are trying to BS me about the other stuff they "fixed". Buyer beware of the RV One stealerships!!!
Did you buy the extended warranty they tried to sell you ? When I was in the Orlando store, the GM explained that the extended warranty would save a lot of time on fixes because there was no need to wait for warranty approval so parts could be ordered immediately.
When I left, I had a queasy feeling in my stomach like I HAD to order the extra $4-5 K extended warranty( cha ching) or I might have my RV in the shop 8+ months the first year you hear about so often. Sort of felt like extortion. But I really never found the floor plan we wanted or we still might have bought from them.
Unfortunate because I am 4-5 miles from the Orlando RV. The new unit I am looking at has dealers 90-100 miles away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Larry Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 09:30 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadester View Post
Only positive I've heard for service (warranty) from a few folks in the general area was Tradewinds RV in Ocala. I've never been there but wish I did better research. I would of paid more just to get some kind of service.
Unfortunately Tradewinds has been bought out by Campers Inn.

Old 02-06-2018, 10:14 AM   #9

In my opinion & experience, all of the Mega RV Dealers, such as Camping World, are ruining the RV Industry. Their MO is to find successful RV Dealers in a good market area, wave enough money in their faces to convince them to sell-out, then slash prices & service.

Locally, I had 3 options when making an RV purchase. A few years ago, Camping World came in and made one of them a ridiculous offer (twice it's value) so they sold out. The Mom & Pop dealership across the street was holding their own until Camping World starting selling RV lines that they'd had for years, for less money. Mom & Pop held on as long as they could but eventually, Camping World bought them out as well (for twice as much as their business was worth). That leaves us with one "Independent" RV dealership and I'm sure that they're being courted to sell out as well to one of the Mega Dealers.

The dealerships that sold-out were well organized businesses offering good products, reasonable prices and good service. Now their lots are crammed with every make & model of RV you can imagine. Some areas are accessible with a golf cart, other only by foot. Their "stab each other in the back" sales staff is pathetic and their service bays are manned with disgruntled technicians.

Once we had dozens of MAJOR players in the RV manufacturing business (pre-2008). That has dwindled down to two. RV dealerships are moving in the same direction.
WestTexasRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 10:49 AM   #10

We bought from RV One Tampa - used 2015 WH DSRL, so no warranty. There was a couple of minor things that we found on the walk-through before leaving but they fixed them on the spot. The camper was supposed to be detailed clean for delivery and it was not. We found a lot of stuff under the booth seats from the previous owner. We have not had any issues requiring repairs, so have not been back. I tried to order a few things from Jayco through them and they were no help. I think on the sales side, they bend over backwards. You are #1 until they have your money then the service stops. Do not let them sell you a WDH - what they recommended was junk. I order anything we need from Jayco at Camping World Valdosta and have it shipped to Florida. Their customer service department is fantastic. Since we are not under warranty we have a really good service and repair place locally we used on previous RVs and we will use for anything major when needed. This time of year is extremely hard to get repairs done in a timely manner anywhere in Florida because of all the winter guests.

"Let the Reel Cool Times Roll !!!!!
ReelCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 12:30 PM   #11

The only reason to buy from RVone is price, very hard to beat, but after you pay it's all over. Don't expect any service, most of the time you can't even get them to return your call. Good luck.

Dave
Ultratravler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 09:14 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Mac View Post
Unfortunately Tradewinds has been bought out by Campers Inn.

Have dealt with Tradewinds for last 5 years and just ordered a 30.5 MBOK from them yesterday. Same service, sales & office staff that's been there and have been told that the past owner is the Manager. I've been assured nothing's changed so guess we'll see.
FlaFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 11:00 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaFF View Post
Have dealt with Tradewinds for last 5 years and just ordered a 30.5 MBOK from them yesterday. Same service, sales & office staff that's been there and have been told that the past owner is the Manager. I've been assured nothing's changed so guess we'll see.
Well that’s good to hear.

Old 02-07-2018, 04:57 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaFF View Post

I bought my white hawk from them aug 16. Loved the little dealership feel. Hope it doesn’t change. Just had some warranty work done that went smoothly. One good thing with the change is their parts store is a lot nicer.
timj088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 05:19 AM   #15

Need to throughly research your dealer before using or buying from. The dealer is everything for smooth warranty work. I drove 3 hours to a dealer instead of the one 20 minutes from me. Why, cause the one 20 minutes from me is a large volume extremely bad dealership. Rhone's is a smaller family owned dealer that was excellent through the entire sale and after sale process. Well worth the 3 hour drive. It cost me 2k more but well worth it for the after sale care and service.
Rhone's worked with me on getting the factory to install items they didn't offer. Couldn't be more happy.

Earl
Line-X premium
Mopar wheel to wheel steps
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 08:04 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReelCool View Post
We bought from RV One Tampa - used 2015 WH DSRL, so no warranty. There was a couple of minor things that we found on the walk-through before leaving but they fixed them on the spot. The camper was supposed to be detailed clean for delivery and it was not. We found a lot of stuff under the booth seats from the previous owner. We have not had any issues requiring repairs, so have not been back. I tried to order a few things from Jayco through them and they were no help. I think on the sales side, they bend over backwards. You are #1 until they have your money then the service stops. Do not let them sell you a WDH - what they recommended was junk. I order anything we need from Jayco at Camping World Valdosta and have it shipped to Florida. Their customer service department is fantastic. Since we are not under warranty we have a really good service and repair place locally we used on previous RVs and we will use for anything major when needed. This time of year is extremely hard to get repairs done in a timely manner anywhere in Florida because of all the winter guests.
I'll second the great service of Camping World Valdosta (GA). They really try to make sure the work is done right. They are located at exit 5 on I-75 (5 miles north of FL state line). The only real issue is because of their reputation of good customer service and work, it can take time to get your rig back, but every time I've been there, it was done right.

I've taken our TT in for service and, if it needs warranty parts (interior light), picked it up for our use after the other work was completed and was called when the part was in. Took it back down, light replaced and one other item fixed and took it back home that afternoon.

If you do decide to use them for work or order parts, make sure you tell the service manager you heard about them on the Jayco forum. They really appreciate the fact they have a positive reputation on the forum.
ifallsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 10:35 AM   #17

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Mac View Post
Did you buy the extended warranty they tried to sell you ? When I was in the Orlando store, the GM explained that the extended warranty would save a lot of time on fixes because there was no need to wait for warranty approval so parts could be ordered immediately.
When I left, I had a queasy feeling in my stomach like I HAD to order the extra $4-5 K extended warranty( cha ching) or I might have my RV in the shop 8+ months the first year you hear about so often. Sort of felt like extortion. But I really never found the floor plan we wanted or we still might have bought from them.
Unfortunate because I am 4-5 miles from the Orlando RV. The new unit I am looking at has dealers 90-100 miles away.

I just bought a Jayco from RVone in Orlando over the weekend. With regard to the extended warranty, be very careful. The way they present the extended warranty is almost like a monthly payment plan on top of your loan, sort of like cellphone insurance or something. They are not upfront about the actual cost of the warranty and quite frankly they try to make it sound like you are not financing an additional set amount. I could see how someone might get confused and think that you are only paying for the warranty as long as you were making the payments, as opposed to you are buying a warranty at a fixed price and financing that over the life of the loan. It was over $5k for my rig!

If you want a new Jayco and you are in Central Florida, the only reasonably close options are the two RV one locations and the north Florida camping world location. I pick up my rig on Sunday; we’ll see how things go.
Shall36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 12:39 PM   #18

I bought my new fifth through RVone.com (forgot the url), it was delivered to TampaRVOne. All was good until the extended warranty. Yes, very pressured to do so, but I knew I could buy it anytime during my original period. Yes, their service is BAD, and they don't return phone calls.

I use Camping World in Bartow and they are really good in my book. If in central Fl, try them out.
Old 02-07-2018, 12:59 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by citgodan View Post
I bought my new fifth through RVone.com (forgot the url), it was delivered to TampaRVOne. All was good until the extended warranty. Yes, very pressured to do so, but I knew I could buy it anytime during my original period. Yes, their service is BAD, and they don't return phone calls.

I use Camping World in Bartow and they are really good in my book. If in central Fl, try them out.
Yeah, funny how they answer the phone every time until delivery then no answer after that. We got that extended warranty, then after finding no service after sale we cancelled it immediately. Was going to get Good Sam's for 900. cheaper but with our experience with CW ruined that. CW/GS is not seeing any more money from us either!

2016 North Point 375BHFS
Old 02-07-2018, 01:00 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by citgodan View Post
Camping World Bartow has good service. We bought our Motor Home from them when it was Dusty's. I just wish they sold Jayco. We have Stewarts close by in Avon Park for RV repairs. They are really good also. Since warranty is not a consideration for us, I do not have to take it back to the dealer. I am thankful we did not buy new from RVone. If I had warranty work and had to wait, plus the drive there, I would not be happy. I sell houses. Follow up after the sale is more important than the sale if you want repeat business and referrals.

"Let the Reel Cool Times Roll !!!!!
ReelCool is offline   Reply With Quote