Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-31-2020, 09:20 AM   #1

The Rock Stabilizer System

I came across an older article here, and I would like to give a review. A guy by the name of Jim Holes has created a very sturdy stabilizer and wanted to share it.

The website is below. I don't not personally know him nor am I related to him, but he puts out a fine stabilizer unit, and answered my questions before the purchase. I did the same push test that you will see in the video, and there is no acting in that video!

Here is the website --> https://www.therockrvstabilizer.com

My system cost was $336 and was shipped to me. This will not stop the feeling of heavy-footed ppl walking in your unit, but considerably cut down the rocking motion you feel.

Feel free to ask questions.

Dan
Old 08-31-2020, 10:26 AM   #2

ditto. Good guy, invested in the quality of the product.
atlantaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 10:46 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by citgodan View Post
I came across an older article here, and I would like to give a review. A guy by the name of Jim Holes has created a very sturdy stabilizer and wanted to share it.

The website is below. I don't not personally know him nor am I related to him, but he puts out a fine stabilizer unit, and answered my questions before the purchase. I did the same push test that you will see in the video, and there is no acting in that video!

Here is the website --> https://www.therockrvstabilizer.com

My system cost was $336 and was shipped to me. This will not stop the feeling of heavy-footed ppl walking in your unit, but considerably cut down the rocking motion you feel.

Feel free to ask questions.

Dan
I just added it to my unit too, good guy to work with and it really reduced the swaying from people walking, it isn’t gone but much better.
Scottenj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 01:30 PM   #4

Interesting, basically outriggers. Be excellent on hard surfaces. Don't know how much they would benefit on soft ground. They probably don't do much for front to back motion. If I didn't camp on dirt and gravel, I'd probably buy it. I have the JT's on the front. Have for the rear, but haven't taken the time to install them yet.

Earl
Line-X premium
Mopar wheel to wheel steps
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 01:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Earl View Post
Interesting, basically outriggers. Be excellent on hard surfaces. Don't know how much they would benefit on soft ground. They probably don't do much for front to back motion. If I didn't camp on dirt and gravel, I'd probably buy it. I have the JT's on the front. Have for the rear, but haven't taken the time to install them yet.

Earl
I am camping on dirt right now, although pretty hard packed and they have made a big difference.
Old 08-31-2020, 01:56 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottenj View Post
I am camping on dirt right now, although pretty hard packed and they have made a big difference.
Where I tend to camp the ground is so soft that I need a shovel to dig out the Lego blocks that sunk. Usually I sink enough I have to auto level once or twice during the stay as it sinks. I camp in fields and such. State parks usually have cinders. I can sink in that too but not as bad as field dirt lol no nice resort pads on our trips lol

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 02:31 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Earl View Post
Where I tend to camp the ground is so soft that I need a shovel to dig out the Lego blocks that sunk. Usually I sink enough I have to auto level once or twice during the stay as it sinks. I camp in fields and such. State parks usually have cinders. I can sink in that too but not as bad as field dirt lol no nice resort pads on our trips lol

Earl
Our two favorite places to camp are a state park where we are now on dirt and a music festival where we camp in a hay field. We rarely have the luxury of hook ups or gravel or concrete pads.
Old 08-31-2020, 03:35 PM   #8

I agree. I put them on my FW 2 years ago and it made a big difference. Jim is a good guy to work with. I would say it eliminated 99% of the movement.
RipinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 07:27 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipinSC View Post
I agree. I put them on my FW 2 years ago and it made a big difference. Jim is a good guy to work with. I would say it eliminated 99% of the movement.
My first trip with it but I would say more like 70% to 80% of the bounce is gone for me. Certainly no where near 99%.
Old 09-03-2020, 01:15 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipinSC View Post
Yep, at least 90-95% for me and that was just grass. I will get some more leveling blocks to use though.
Old 09-06-2020, 03:03 PM   #11

Anyone put these to the test against on-board Laundry? We have side by side washer and dryer and the rig shakes considerably - enough that it's difficult to type on a laptop.
We installed the Anderson leveling blocks (the upside-down red buckets). They are useful for other things but we have not found them effective at significantly reducing shudder from a rouge spin cycle.

Angus
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
We don't camp, we don't glamp, we LIVE.
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote