Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-29-2021, 09:02 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTrains View Post
Already have my PDI checklist, flashlight, and magnifying glass ready. This is my second factory ordered RV.

The last one we bought we camped about a mile from the RV dealer for a couple days and I found no problems. Two weeks later I discovered the water line to the ice maker had a pin hole leak in the water line and it had soaked the floor under the stove - took it to my local repair guy and it was all covered under warranty. Also had three Domitec A/C's go out kind of glad Pinnacle has gone away from them.

Thanks for the heads up

Well folks today is Saturday May 29th almost Memorial Day - just wanted to give an update - we are still waiting - just gritting my teeth every now and then. Hope to be camping soon.

Is anyone gotten any new Pinnacles lately?
GeorgiaTrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 09:53 AM   #42

Our Jay Feather 22RK is still supposed to roll "off the line" on Tuesday, June 1. Got our fingers crossed.
2018 RAM 1500 Express Air Lift 1000HD
OTR AGIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 09:59 AM   #43

Quote:
Well folks today is Saturday May 29th almost Memorial Day - just wanted to give an update - we are still waiting - just gritting my teeth every now and then. Hope to be camping soon.

Is anyone gotten any new Pinnacles lately?
I had emailed Jayco on the 26th about a question concerning the transfer switch on my 32RLTS. The "corporate brand ambassador" that replied advised that my coach came off the line on the projected date, the 25th, but it has some "shortages". He did not advise what they were.

So now, I have a mostly complete coach and have started another waiting game clock on when the missing items will be received, installed and then the coach shipped.

I say again: What a crazy time to make a major purchase. My PDI inspection will be very diligent and I have arranged to spend the first night at the dealership. I'm really worried about quality issues surfacing ongoing due to the nature of how this has been assembled. I'm not so worried about factory components/workmanship, but more of all the add on systems that are a part of the coach. I think these external suppliers are probably under so much pressure to ship product, that quality might suffer.

Anyone else think this may be the case?
coopermj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 01:27 PM   #44

We have signed papers on our 35FBTS and it sits in Virginia at the dealers. Only option missing was the solar, and they will be installing that while we wait for a Ram truck in Mid July we hope.
Old 05-29-2021, 03:33 PM   #45

Waiting!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopermj View Post
I had emailed Jayco on the 26th about a question concerning the transfer switch on my 32RLTS. The "corporate brand ambassador" that replied advised that my coach came off the line on the projected date, the 25th, but it has some "shortages". He did not advise what they were.

So now, I have a mostly complete coach and have started another waiting game clock on when the missing items will be received, installed and then the coach shipped.

I say again: What a crazy time to make a major purchase. My PDI inspection will be very diligent and I have arranged to spend the first night at the dealership. I'm really worried about quality issues surfacing ongoing due to the nature of how this has been assembled. I'm not so worried about factory components/workmanship, but more of all the add on systems that are a part of the coach. I think these external suppliers are probably under so much pressure to ship product, that quality might suffer.

Anyone else think this may be the case?
You are right these are crazy times - I have not heard from my sales guy yet, my unit was supposed to be off the line this week also. If I haven't heard anything by Wednesday I'll give him a call but, like you I fear parts delays.

Is the quality good at the factory - who knows. We went through the Heartland Big Horn factory a few years back and I'll be honest it is comical the way these things are built - I won't say built but thrown together is a better term. I am sure all factories are the same. These are not 500K hand built Class A Motorhomes and I have heard many horror stories about them.
This will be our first JAYCO product and above all I have heard many good things about the Pinnacle line vs others out there. I am fortunate to have a really good RV Repair shop close by and a I do a lot of upkeep and repairs myself - it goes with the territory.

One tip buy the extended warranty - mine paid big dividends on several repairs on my former Big Horn
Old 06-04-2021, 09:44 AM   #46

Got an e-mail before the weekend. The rig is in paint and supposed to be at the dealer mid June - YAY! Getting ready to go to Ft Worth to pick it up and do a really good PDI - I plan to stay over a couple of days just to make sure all is good.
Old 06-04-2021, 10:23 AM   #47

Quote:
Got an e-mail before the weekend. The rig is in paint and supposed to be at the dealer mid June - YAY! Getting ready to go to Ft Worth to pick it up and do a really good PDI - I plan to stay over a couple of days just to make sure all is good.
yaaaay. Good for you! Enjoy your new travels. Our trailer was supposed to be "off the line" on June 1st. Still haven't heard if that happened or when delivery to my dealer is expected. Jayco even stopped answering my emails. Getting a little worried.
2018 RAM 1500 Express Air Lift 1000HD
OTR AGIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 09:22 AM   #48

Cancelled order for pinnacle

I just wanted to post a quick update on what happened to our 32RLTS that was on order.

The coach was assembled and off line during the week of 5/25. However, it was "incomplete" and could not be shipped until it was finished. I tried to find out what was missing, but nobody seemed to know.

I received a phone call from the dealer on 6/18 advising me what I had already found out about the coach being assembled, but held for shortages. He also told me that the price of the coach would be increasing $7800.00.

Since the order had been placed in very early March just after a price increase, we were under the impression that we were price protected. This was also based on information from several sources about factories no longer price protecting orders as of late May, early June, but customers with orders in prior to that time should be ok.

Obviously it wasn't, at least for us. I don't know why this happened, but I do know when the dealer told me about the price increase, we immediately cancelled the order.

Hope that no one else has experienced this.

Anyway, if you know of anybody in need of a B&W Companion Hitch for 2020+ 2500/3500 GMC/Chevrolet trucks with the factory puck system, drop me a line. It has never seen a king pin.

Thanks all.

Signing off.
coopermj is offline   Reply With Quote