Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-02-2022, 03:53 PM   #1

Amber Malfunction Light, SPN 91 FMI 4

Hope every New Year is off to a good start. I searched the page and didn’t see any results so I am putting this out there to see if anyone has experienced the same issue before.

We have a 2021 37L and we are getting an intermittent amber malfunction light on the dash. I have the BlueFire unit and the code I am getting is SPN 91 FMI 4 which is described as Accelerator Pedal Position 1, Voltage Below Normal, or Shorted to Low Source.

To rule out the pedal being the issue I swapped the pedal assembly off my 2021 Freightliner M2 Dump Truck as they are the same assembly. I am still getting the same Malfunction Light and codes.

If anyone have any insight it would be greatly appreciated.

TIA.
Jlink16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 04:57 PM   #2

I ran this code through my Cummins Quick Serve account. It comes up with a different code for a RED and AMBER light but the description is the same for both. If I click on the link for the Amber light, 1359 it says it does not pertain to my VIN, I have a 2018.5 S2 chassis. If I click on the link for the Red light, 132 I am able to bring up this information which might help as the descriptions are the same for Red or Amber lights. You can sign up for free on Cummins Quick Serve and then you could see if something different comes up. You will need the serial number off your motor which is on the data plate on top of the valve cover.

https://quickserve.cummins.com/info/index.html
Attached Thumbnails
3C15B71E-30EB-4A3F-9DAC-FB70E47A6739.jpg   A3DB2202-C151-49CD-AD04-B020DF7F9E37.jpg   6CC6CCC4-EED2-42D0-AD86-42D3E86D71FD.jpg  

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 07:13 PM   #3

Your chassis should be under warranty as mine was when I had a amber anti loc brake light on. The tech found a loose connection somewhere. No charge to me. I think it's 3 years from freightliner
Timdog is offline   Reply With Quote