Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-26-2021, 03:57 PM   #1

Battery cable diagram

does anyone have a battery cable diagram for a 2018 S2RV Hj? i took pictures but the door strut is blocking one of my terminals and now I have a cable that I don't know where to connect.

Thanks in advance
miles ahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 04:07 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles ahead View Post
does anyone have a battery cable diagram for a 2018 S2RV Hj? i took pictures but the door strut is blocking one of my terminals and now I have a cable that I don't know where to connect.

Thanks in advance
I have a 2018 37HJ. This is what I got from Jayco, although it is not much help. Send me a picture of what you are talking about and I will run down to the barn and see if I can take a pic of where your loose cable goes.
Attached Thumbnails
989BF9B8-24BC-4C58-9496-D5F24D14D47D.jpg  
repeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 04:53 PM   #3

thnx, u dont know how much i appreciate it! the attached pic shows the first row of batteries i need s pic of the second row, specifically what/where the lead cables arr connected. i have all but one attached and it is black but sparks when touched to a negative post and is carrying about 11 volts not connected to anything. sorry, cant figure out how to attach pictures
Old 04-26-2021, 05:32 PM   #4

Quote:
thnx, u dont know how much i appreciate it! the attached pic shows the first row of batteries i need s pic of the second row, specifically what/where the lead cables arr connected. i have all but one attached and it is black but sparks when touched to a negative post and is carrying about 11 volts not connected to anything. sorry, cant figure out how to attach pictures
It would help to see what cable you are talking about please send to my email any pictures you have.
Meanwhile, here is a couple of pictures of my battery tray. you will notice that Jayco used black wire on some of the positive runs.

BTW, when replying to a post there is a button down below called "manage attachments" that is where you attach a picture.
Attached Thumbnails
20210426_182302.jpg   20210426_182351.jpg   20210426_182523.jpg  
Instagram @wanderingpeaches
www.youtube.com/@wanderingpeaches
Old 04-26-2021, 06:22 PM   #5

Thank you so much! I was able to use your pictures to get them hooked up. It appears everything is working normal. it's interesting however, that I have the same year/model as you but my batteries are not placed like yours are and the cables are somewhat different.

Thanks again you were a huge help. I'm gonna work on the picture thing.
Old 04-26-2021, 06:24 PM   #6

Quote:
Thank you so much! I was able to use your pictures to get them hooked up. It appears everything is working normal. it's interesting however, that I have the same year/model as you but my batteries are not placed like yours are and the cables are somewhat different.

Thanks again you were a huge help. I'm gonna work on the picture thing.
you are welcome. Mine is on the S2RV chassis. If your is from really early 2018 it might be on the M2 chassis.

BTW, I am still looking for some help on installing a Battery Isolation Manager (BIM) for when I install Lithium, any ideas?
Instagram @wanderingpeaches
www.youtube.com/@wanderingpeaches
Old 04-26-2021, 09:14 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpietsch View Post
BTW, I am still looking for some help on installing a Battery Isolation Manager (BIM) for when I install Lithium, any ideas?
You just replace the existing BIM with the new style for LI, just a straight swap but a little different shape. The diagram you posted shows the new style.

https://precisioncircuitsinc.com/pro...thium-battery/
Attached Thumbnails
59E50C59-694B-41C3-BF3C-9E32D9ABA482.jpg  

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 09:21 PM   #8

Also, here is a pic of the battery wiring in a S2 chassis. The negative cable going to the inverter will spark when connected, this is normal.
Attached Thumbnails
A854D5B5-162A-43E5-96E3-9FDE859B0130.jpeg  

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 09:19 AM   #9

mine is also the s2rv and yes, that cable did spark when connected which caused me a lot of stress however, i discovered that that cable was only drilled for a negative connection and would not fit on the positive bolt.

Thanks again for all who responded.
Old 05-23-2021, 06:05 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
Also, here is a pic of the battery wiring in a S2 chassis. The negative cable going to the inverter will spark when connected, this is normal.
Brian, My battery tray only extends about 4" until the cable length stops it. The problem cable is the B+ that runs up to the starter solenoid. I checked it end to end, cable routing and mounting looks factory original and no slack anywhere. Your picture of the battery layout is different from my actual. My Chassis AGMs are in the inside-right quadrant with positive terminals toward the tray center, so maybe that is the only issue - moving them to the left quadrant and rotating so the + terminals are toward the tray rear. You think that will free up enough cable to allow the tray to fully extend? Or a splice is required?

Plan to upgrade my 2-yr old 4-12V to 4-6V house batteries later this year and fix this problem - just watering house batteries is a major headache...

Thanks!

2018.5 S2RV
JohnAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 07:55 AM   #11

sounds like my batteries r positioned the same as yours. the original owner told me that on his first service they had to replace a couple battery cables so that the tray would fully extend. the factory had installed incorrect cables.