Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-09-2022, 07:38 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyFluffer View Post
I already have the console and Scanguage D. To add the Bluefire (for more info at one time) is this the correct cable? I have a 2022 Accolade. Thank you. Attachment 78163
Yes, that is the correct cable to use if you want to run Scanguage D and BlueFire together. I'm using both because I find that the Scanguage gives me arcuate fuel usage information with my dual tanks. This a shortcoming with BlueFire that I have not resolved.
2017 Seneca 36FK
ChuckW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 10:16 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
Yes, that is the correct cable to use if you want to run Scanguage D and BlueFire together. I'm using both because I find that the Scanguage gives me arcuate fuel usage information with my dual tanks. This a shortcoming with BlueFire that I have not resolved.
Thank you Chuck W. Precisely what I was going to do anyway. The Scangauge D would have fuel info and I'd reserve the tablet for the Bluefire with engine/transmission info, RV Trip Wizard as backup to the Garmin 1090, and other apps i might find necessary.
DonkeyFluffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 06:04 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
I leave mine plugged in all the time. In the main settings, there is a spot to check that tells it to go into sleep mode after a certain time.
Hey Brian,

First I am a tech geek, so we can start there….I downloaded the blue fire app and have been configuring in demo mode. First I can’t seem to get the alarms to simulate correctly or multi page. Have you had this issue? Trying to get audible alarms to work with MP3, but more importantly Text to Speech to work….I.E “your def tank is low”. Here is a pic of my dash, which I would like to move between multiple screens the next page/prev page “button”. However, the alarms are more important IMO. Would be nice to get text to speech on each alarm. I posted on BLUEFIRE forum, but looking here as well.

Update, I can get a Generic Alarm to trigger which will say “ALARM” but individual gauge alarms I can’t figure out. Will keep trying as long as the beer holds out.

Beer still cold, I have figured out how to have an alarm speak an alram condition in demo mode. In this case demo mode triggers DEV LELVEL first which triggers text to speech, subsequent alarms just get notifications. Will need to test in real world when:

1. I have a coach to test with..(On order)
2. I actually buy the adapter.

In the meantime, I am going to program every gauge for text to speech and save. If someone wants to test, happy to share.

John
Attached Thumbnails
472F3A29-E2B0-457B-AABF-57CCE7709DF6.jpg  
From 2001 Daemon Escaper
From 1998 Daemon Intruder
From 1993 Daemon Hornet
From Tent (BEST RV EVER!)
Jmorenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 08:40 PM   #64

2022 Accolade BLUEFIRE Gauges Version beta .9

Here is my first cut if anyone is interested in testing since I don’t have:

1. A Coach (On Order)
2. Own a BLUEFIRE adpater

Release notes:

1. Some gauges may have 300 second warm up set due to use of template. There is no system wide setting to override that I can find. Will research.

2. No audio alarm set, only text to speech for each gauge where appropriate.

3. New app version was installed so I will begin testing multi page with next page/previous page buttons.

4. Built on iPad Pro 12.9 so resize for your device.

5. There is one template gauge I created, wish I created more when I started.

6. Make sure you go into settings for your rig and update accordingly.

7. New app version allows you to do multiple dashes, make sure you check out what’s new in app.

8. Once I test I will publish version 1.0 on BLUEFIRE.

Send me your email and I will share with you.
Attached Thumbnails
24CAF306-A6BD-453F-B628-DAE0C090CCBA.jpg  
From 2001 Daemon Escaper
From 1993 Daemon Hornet
Old 01-10-2022, 09:02 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmorenz View Post
Hey Brian,

First I am a tech geek, so we can start there….I downloaded the blue fire app and have been configuring in demo mode. First I can’t seem to get the alarms to simulate correctly or multi page. Have you had this issue? Trying to get audible alarms to work with MP3, but more importantly Text to Speech to work….I.E “your def tank is low”. Here is a pic of my dash, which I would like to move between multiple screens the next page/prev page “button”. However, the alarms are more important IMO. Would be nice to get text to speech on each alarm. I posted on BLUEFIRE forum, but looking here as well.

Update, I can get a Generic Alarm to trigger which will say “ALARM” but individual gauge alarms I can’t figure out. Will keep trying as long as the beer holds out.

Beer still cold, I have figured out how to have an alarm speak an alram condition in demo mode. In this case demo mode triggers DEV LELVEL first which triggers text to speech, subsequent alarms just get notifications. Will need to test in real world when:

1. I have a coach to test with..(On order)
2. I actually buy the adapter.

In the meantime, I am going to program every gauge for text to speech and save. If someone wants to test, happy to share.

John
Sounds like you have the alarms figured out, I imported a file so mine says “Danger Will Robinson” When I first set mine up, I loaded every gauge I could and set up a second page, but mine was a swipe up vertically to get to the second page. After a while I realized I really did t need all that extra stuff and narrowed it down to one page. The warnings and alarms are nice as you really don’t have to watch the dash you set up, it will let you know if something is wrong. I changed my dash probably 7 or 8 times before I got what I liked.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 09:15 PM   #66

Quote:
Sounds like you have the alarms figured out, I imported a file so mine says “Danger Will Robinson” When I first set mine up, I loaded every gauge I could and set up a second page, but mine was a swipe up vertically to get to the second page. After a while I realized I really did t need all that extra stuff and narrowed it down to one page. The warnings and alarms are nice as you really don’t have to watch the dash you set up, it will let you know if something is wrong. I changed my dash probably 7 or 8 times before I got what I liked.
Only us old folks will get L.I.S. Reference. I would love to get a copy of your dash, there are still a few things I haven’t figured out in demo mode.
From 2001 Daemon Escaper
From 1993 Daemon Hornet
Old 01-10-2022, 09:22 PM   #67

Quote:
After hacking this for a while, I think the best thing to do would only show the gauges/text boxes you want visible, and hide the others unless an alarm goes off and then display the gauge…..
From 2001 Daemon Escaper
From 1993 Daemon Hornet
Old 01-10-2022, 09:53 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmorenz View Post
Only us old folks will get L.I.S. Reference. I would love to get a copy of your dash, there are still a few things I haven’t figured out in demo mode.
PM me an email address and I will sent it.

Old 11-01-2022, 07:30 AM   #69

anyone have the name of the mount you used in the cubby above the drivers seat,
Old 11-01-2022, 11:08 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer55 View Post
anyone have the name of the mount you used in the cubby above the drivers seat,

I used the RAM roller mount for the Ipad Mini,

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...tml#post861384

Old 11-11-2022, 10:00 AM   #71

Quote:
I used the RAM roller mount for the Ipad Mini,

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...tml#post861384
Thanks Rusty, I can't see what it looks like as far as how it attaches to the cubby and what connects the mount to the plate you installed, looks good, very good, visually hand for the driver,,
Old 11-11-2022, 01:29 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer55 View Post
Thanks Rusty, I can't see what it looks like as far as how it attaches to the cubby and what connects the mount to the plate you installed, looks good, very good, visually hand for the driver,,
I just made an angled bracket that screwed to the back of the Ram mount and then bolted the other angle of the bracket to the inside of the cubby. The cubby is easy to remove by just gently squeezing in the middle and it unhooks from the headliner.
Attached Thumbnails
ED57B034-2C7F-4063-9ABD-6741DA68C672.jpg   0ADE51A4-EC4E-4253-A0CE-43C4C998FCC0.jpg   8A085586-E734-4206-9C9B-9F992B076434.jpg  

Tags
blue fire