Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-02-2020, 04:33 PM   #1

Driving Lights Suggestions

Looking for suggestions on aftermarket driving lights to install on my 2015 Seneca 37TS. What have you all found that fits the best in the slot in the front bumper.
Old 11-02-2020, 06:56 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCAT9110 View Post
Looking for suggestions on aftermarket driving lights to install on my 2015 Seneca 37TS. What have you all found that fits the best in the slot in the front bumper.
I suspect you've discovered, like many of us, that the stock headlights leave much to desired. I first tried brighter halogen bulbs (Silverstar Ultra) which made very little difference. Then I went with aftermarket LED replacement bulbs which certainly did help. But after getting feedback from other Seneca owners I took the plunge and went with the Truck-Lite Roadmax LED headlight assemblies. The Roadmax units are an option from Freightliner on new chassis and available to us with older units. They are leaps and bounds better than replacement bulbs. I feel safer driving at night now. I also installed Freightliner fog lamps which I retrofitted with LED bulbs. The fogs really light up the road close-in, and then the new headlights take it from there. Much, much improved over the original headlights.

I know these options aren't driving lights, I thought driving lights might be a direction I would need to go, but not anymore.
Attached Thumbnails
20200115_160250 cropped.jpg   20200717_145938.jpg  
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 06:52 AM   #3

[QUOTE=Robbbyr;911872]I suspect you've discovered, like many of us, that the stock headlights leave much to desired. I first tried brighter halogen bulbs (Silverstar Ultra) which made very little difference. Then I went with aftermarket LED replacement bulbs which certainly did help. But after getting feedback from other Seneca owners I took the plunge and went with the Truck-Lite Roadmax LED headlight assemblies. The Roadmax units are an option from Freightliner on new chassis and available to us with older units. They are leaps and bounds better than replacement bulbs. I feel safer driving at night now. I also installed Freightliner fog lamps which I retrofitted with LED bulbs. The fogs really light up the road close-in, and then the new headlights take it from there. Much, much improved over the original headlights.

Are the road max head lights plug and play?
Old 11-03-2020, 06:54 AM   #4

Everything he said. Worth every penny if you drive at night. Visibility on rainy dark roads is amazing compared to factory units.

Yes you remove the factory housing and put in new housing. Only adjustment is horizontal height as left right is set by the housing.

There is another post on here that gives out specifics and has photos of before and after installation and tricks related to the studs holding the housing on
Spraying them down with rust penetration solution to make removal easier etc.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 08:45 AM   #5

[QUOTE=GCAT9110;911944]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post

Are the road max head lights plug and play?
Completely plug and play.

Here's a link to a thread where several of us progress through attemps to better our headlights and eventually end up at the Truck-Lite Roadmax units. Has picture of the studs that retain the headlight assemblies that need soaked in penetrating oil if you decide to go this direction. Thread is several pages long so hang in there!
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ght-44852.html
Old 11-03-2020, 10:18 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVermont View Post
Everything he said. Worth every penny if you drive at night. Visibility on rainy dark roads is amazing compared to factory units.

Yes you remove the factory housing and put in new housing. Only adjustment is horizontal height as left right is set by the housing.

There is another post on here that gives out specifics and has photos of before and after installation and tricks related to the studs holding the housing on
Spraying them down with rust penetration solution to make removal easier etc.
Were did you guys source the headlights. Houston freightliner only has OEM.
Old 11-03-2020, 01:45 PM   #7

Quote:
Some purchased them new from Freightliner; several online FL dealers are selling them significantly below the MSRP. I got mine online as "New take-offs" and when I received them they were in perfect condition and whatever they came off of was never run on the road because they were absolutely clean.

In that thread I posted before the part numbers should be listed in one of the posts so you could search online for current pricing.
Old 11-03-2020, 01:49 PM   #8

Quote:
If you go to a FL dealer and they look your VIN it will only show the original halogen assemblies. You need to get the LED part numbers and have them give you a price for them.
Old 11-03-2020, 02:08 PM   #9

Quote:
Truck-Lite Is the manufacturer but many places call them Freightliner OEM lights the part numbers are RH A66-05475-003 and LH A66-05475-002

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 01:30 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
Truck-Lite Is the manufacturer but many places call them Freightliner OEM lights the part numbers are RH A66-05475-003 and LH A66-05475-002
Most places appear to be out of stock. Houston Freightliner wanted 698.00 per.
Old 11-11-2020, 01:38 PM   #11

Quote:
Most places appear to be out of stock. Houston Freightliner wanted 698.00 per.
Triple R Trick parts is where I got mine for $497 each. They show out of stock also, a couple show up on eBay.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 01:56 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
Triple R Trick parts is where I got mine for $497 each. They show out of stock also, a couple show up on eBay.
I saw the ones on Ebay but by the time I pay for shipping I may as well got to FL Houston. I do appreciate you looking.