Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-15-2017, 07:44 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGintys924 View Post
Seeing as how this air dryer is going to be $2,500 of expense, you have to appreciate that on the SRV2 version as well.
That's a big expense for such an apparently simple upgrade. Guess $150/hr labor install gets eaten up quickly. I've found lots of used dryer take-offs from truck breakers for way less than $100. Would attempt the install myself if I could find a safe instructional video and parts list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Crossingover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 06:47 AM   #22

Great to hear about the air dryer.Now the slow fill rate and inaccurate fuel gauge.Hopefully the front sway bar issue is corrected and the need for the transmission to be recalibrated is not an issue on the new ones.....
submariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 08:18 AM   #23

We are on the move again. Filling up is still slow but fuel gauge is accurate. We can fill tank but only at the rate of about 2 gallons a minute regardless of whether we fill up at car or truck pumps. Try not to go below half. Will have a stand down period after Thanksgiving to address issue with our dealer and Freightliner. Otherwise all other systems are good to go and we are enjoying our new Seneca 37K to the max.
Old 11-16-2017, 11:58 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVr2 View Post
we are enjoying our new Seneca 37K to the max.
That's the point, hope the fill annoyance gets resolved in a timely manner for you and others with this new chassis.
Old 11-18-2017, 12:22 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
I can't really tell from this picture provided by another member who snapped the shot at Jayco. Maybe there is a large fitting left capped for transit?
There was a plug in the top of the tank sealing the tank to the elements. Jayco had to remove the plug to plumb the tank.
jsimonson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 01:58 PM   #26

Hello All,
This is a bit off the topic but I had a brand new 2015 Thor 34SW. It was a piece of you know what. The orientation person from the dealer said it was a slow fuel fill rig. First roadtrip it would take 1and 1/2 hours to fill up about 60 gallons. Called the dealer and they said to take it to Ford. It had the PowerStroke diesel. After quite a frustrating trip from Florida to Wisconsin and back I took a good look at the fuel fill. The hose at the bulkhead fill went uphill then backdown into the tank. Fluid dynamics, fluids do not flow uphill. I had to burp the diesel into the tank. To fix the problem I replaced the fuel hose with about a 6 inch longer hose that I could bend in a downhill direction into the tank. Just one of the many lack of quality control issues with the Thor. Presently the happy owner of a 2008 Seneca 35GS.
Capt. Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 03:26 PM   #27

I saw a college athletics bus, yesterday that was on the S2 Chassis. The fuel fill was about chest-high at the rear of the bus. The DEF tank was just below the driver's door. I assume the height of the fuel fill is to accommodate the issue some have described of the slow-to-fill problem.
Old 12-03-2017, 03:38 PM   #28

Here is a photo of a 2018.5 at rvone. As you can see the fill hose inlet is about 4 inch’s above the wet bay door. So the fluid has to travel over 2 feet horizontally and is really only dropping 6-10 inches assuming it is going over the top of the rails. Not much slope. I would think as others have noted there is probably a low spot or flat run. In most units the hose must be running in the area under the bedroom cabinets then into one of the bays.

RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 07:13 AM   #29

Jayco needs to install the basement door latches before sending each unit to the paint booth. A rig this expensive should not have raw black latches.

Old 12-04-2017, 10:01 AM   #30

[QUOTE=Crossingover;590173]Jayco needs to install the basement door latches before sending each unit to the paint booth. A rig this expensive should not have raw black latches.

It's funny how we all look at things differently. Of all the little stuff that I look at and shake my head, the black latches don't seem to bother me. On the upside, when a latch goes bad and needs replacement you won't have to try to match the paint.
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 10:45 AM   #31

Yup we all look at life through different glasses. But now that I've got you thinking about it, next time camping note how many rigs have their latches body color matched. Jayco should take note of that detail.
Old 12-05-2017, 06:53 AM   #32

Slow fill

SO....Has the slow fill rate been Rectified ??????
Old 12-06-2017, 07:54 AM   #33

We have just come back from our first shakedown trip - 2,000 miles. We pre-booked an appointment before hitting the road for any work that we uncovered while traveling. So the Seneca is now at the dealer, Dixie RV, for minor warranty repairs. We agreed with the dealer that the next step regarding the slow fill rate was to finish the Jayco warranty work and then book an appointment with Freightliner, Empire Truck, located conveniently across the highway in Defuniak Springs, FL.
Old 12-07-2017, 06:38 AM   #34

Thankyou RVr2 for keeping us posted and best of luck with your new motorhome.Hope the fix is an easy and simple one.
Marty
2017 Greyhawk MV...On the fence.....
Old 12-20-2017, 03:06 PM   #35

The Seneca is still at the dealer for warranty work. We are supposed to pick it up this Friday. We are taking off for some RVing after Christmas for the New Year's Eve week. Then its time to see Freightliner in January for diagnosing this slow fill issue. In the meantime we have determined that we will also need to visit the local Allison dealer regarding the transmission. We suspect that reprogramming is indeed in order. Going up a steep bridge we were left in the dust by everyone! So humiliating LOL. We enjoy driving this beast but it does need a few tweaks. We'll keep everyone posted. Happy Holidays!
Old 12-20-2017, 03:27 PM   #36

Merry Christmas and happy new year.

It was explained to me that the Allison 3000mh electronic transmission should not need the reprogram as the operator is supposed to be able to change this by pressing the mode button on the keypad. Please confirm that this is not working as that is a surprise from what I had been told. The tech who did the reprogram on my unit explained that if i had the electronic unit the programs can be switched on and off via the button.

Have a fun trip and enjoy the rig.

RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 03:30 PM   #37

Interesting that you are having those problems. However, I dont think you need to see Allison. You are lucky in that you are the first Jayco to have the 3000 series transmission. You should have a push button air shifter instead of a lever type shifter that the rest of us have. If this is the case, then you should have a mode button. This button will switch you from eco to performance mode without having to have it programmed at the dealer (our units dont have the mode switch, so what we are doing is basically having the dealer make performance mode the primary mode instead of the eco mode.) You have the benefit of having a button so you can do it whenever you want.
Old 12-20-2017, 04:15 PM   #38

So much to learn. Looks like we may have missed a step. We will definitely drill down a bit more when we get our hands back on the Seneca itself. Thanks all for the heads up.
Old 12-20-2017, 04:43 PM   #39

Hello all.Just got back from RV1 in Albany
Old 12-20-2017, 05:36 PM   #40

Somehow I screwed up the last post.Anyway we took out a new s2rv for a test ride.It had the bigger engine,360 h.p. and the allison 3000 push button controll trans. Got on the thruway and at about 55 mph in a 65 zone going up a slight incline,nothing too drastic ,I pressed the pedal to the floor ,hopeing for some kind of responce.Did not happen.On the flat road -way it accelarated to 65-70.I asked the sales person sitting next to me what the + and - buttons under the mode screen were for.He was honest and said he did not know.After traveling 8 miles we got off the expressway and took secondary roads back.As I was approaching a steep hill,i think[cant remember] I pressed the minus button and it seemed to stay in the lower gear a little longer.Also numbers appeared on the mode screen,which i had no clue what they meant.I could use some help on trying to figure this out since the dealership couldnt help me.I have a Greyhawk mv and when you stomp on the gas it downshifts and goes. I realize this is a different beast.Thanks in advance for any help.Also worried about the slow fill rate