Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-21-2021, 02:16 PM   #21

So just picked my rig up from the dealership. They replaced the converter and said they an “upgraded” one because the exact part number replacement wasn’t available. They told me that the reason the chassis batteries were not showing in the touch screen panel was because a breaker behind that access panel in the first bay was tripped and they explained how to reset it. They also replaced the house batteries with brand new ones dated 11/21. We will see how it goes. Thank you to all that helped on this thread
70gsrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 02:18 PM   #22

Oh I forgot to add that there was a ground wire shorting under the dinette. They don’t think it was related but they found it when checking everything over.
Old 12-21-2021, 04:17 PM   #23

That’s great. Hope you can make that trip.
It amazes me that the manufacturers can put fuses and breakers with zero identification.
Old 12-21-2021, 09:33 PM   #24

This was awesome! I found the very hidden control panel you mentioned and sure enough, one of the breakers was tripped. Popped it back on and all is good in the battery world! Everything is back to normal operations. Thanks for the updates!
TridentAccolade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 11:09 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TridentAccolade View Post
This was awesome! I found the very hidden control panel you mentioned and sure enough, one of the breakers was tripped. Popped it back on and all is good in the battery world! Everything is back to normal operations. Thanks for the updates!
Glad you got it fixed….seems that panel is new for 2022, yiu would think that they would put a label on it saying those important items are back there.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 02:40 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70gsrick View Post
So just picked my rig up from the dealership. They replaced the converter and said they an “upgraded” one because the exact part number replacement wasn’t available. They told me that the reason the chassis batteries were not showing in the touch screen panel was because a breaker behind that access panel in the first bay was tripped and they explained how to reset it. They also replaced the house batteries with brand new ones dated 11/21. We will see how it goes. Thank you to all that helped on this thread
Can you share who did your service? Sounds like a decent place!
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 03:17 PM   #27

Sure. It was La Mesa rv in Mesa az. That’s who I bought it from. There are some really good folks and some not so good folks there. At first the gravity of the situation wasn’t as major to them as it was to us and we ended up having to push a little harder than we would have liked. But In the end they did take care of us and that is all you can ask for.
Old 12-22-2021, 04:01 PM   #28

So from 12/16 to yesterday to get repaired is pretty good.
Old 12-22-2021, 04:01 PM   #29

Quote:
Sure. It was La Mesa rv in Mesa az. That’s who I bought it from. There are some really good folks and some not so good folks there. At first the gravity of the situation wasn’t as major to them as it was to us and we ended up having to push a little harder than we would have liked. But In the end they did take care of us and that is all you can ask for.
I wish I could say the same about the PSL florida location!
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 05:16 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
So from 12/16 to yesterday to get repaired is pretty good.
True. It is very good. Their original response was “ we may be able to get
Out there in January”. Followed by ok December 29th. When we pushed a little harder they did respond.
Old 12-22-2021, 05:29 PM   #31

I have to say that I’m so happy that this happened before I took it out of town to a remote location or when it was out of warranty. Because of everybody that helped in this thread I’m much better prepared to handle these situations in the future. I was pretty shocked that I had an issue with this RV. We’ve had several RVs in the last 10 years and really had the biggest failure with this one which was the most expensive. We’ve really had good luck and minor problems so I guess we were due!
Old 12-25-2021, 01:08 PM   #32

THERE WAS ONE recent POST where rig w/ INVERTER/CHARGER giving weird symptoms like yours, and he found loose wire nut in 120vac Input connection of charger portion... maybe not your problem, but you have a LOOSE WIRE somewhere? Hindsight: Last car I went to jump start, reached over and battery cable came off battery; start there, many 120vac RV systems require GOOD 12VDC for controls
thenne1713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 01:17 PM   #33

Well an update. Not a good one. We got the rig back and it was perfect. Went to one of our state parks that just has electric and water. Stayed there for 3 or so days with no issues. Came home unloaded and took it to storage. Made sure all the batteries looked like a full charge and powered down the house battery disconnect by the stairs. Went to check on it today and same as before. No power step. Chassis battery showed zero. House batteries showed 11.8v. I got in the access panel and sure enough one of the breakers had the yellow arm down. I reset that and was able to start the generator and everything started working. 2 miles down the road it all died again. I was able to drive to the dealership and that’s where it is now. I’d guess there is a short someplace
Old 12-28-2021, 03:51 PM   #34

Quote:
Well an update. Not a good one. We got the rig back and it was perfect. Went to one of our state parks that just has electric and water. Stayed there for 3 or so days with no issues. Came home unloaded and took it to storage. Made sure all the batteries looked like a full charge and powered down the house battery disconnect by the stairs. Went to check on it today and same as before. No power step. Chassis battery showed zero. House batteries showed 11.8v. I got in the access panel and sure enough one of the breakers had the yellow arm down. I reset that and was able to start the generator and everything started working. 2 miles down the road it all died again. I was able to drive to the dealership and that’s where it is now. I’d guess there is a short someplace
Did they check your Battery isolation manager BIM?
Old 02-01-2022, 05:47 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
Did they check your Battery isolation manager BIM?
They did check and replace the BIM. We were able to take it out on one trip plugged into 50 amp the whole time and everything was ok. The dealer took it back in to fix some PDI items which they did. I picked it up last Thursday and drove to San Diego. We are boon docking. Night 2 the stuff hit the fan and everything started failing. The generator will not charge the house batteries at all even with everything off. Just running the furnace heat I woke up to batteries at 7.8 volts. Started the truck up and it charges the everything but as soon as I turn it off the house drops to 11.8 or so. The solar panel keeps to in the 11's during the day. The dealer came out to our location and decided the BIM is bad again. They don't have one. Does anyone know where I can get one around San Diego?
Old 02-01-2022, 06:43 PM   #36

Possible Amazon with 2 day shipping.
Dealer should take one off another unit and replace.
Old 02-01-2022, 09:44 PM   #37

Quote:
They did check and replace the BIM. We were able to take it out on one trip plugged into 50 amp the whole time and everything was ok. The dealer took it back in to fix some PDI items which they did. I picked it up last Thursday and drove to San Diego. We are boon docking. Night 2 the stuff hit the fan and everything started failing. The generator will not charge the house batteries at all even with everything off. Just running the furnace heat I woke up to batteries at 7.8 volts. Started the truck up and it charges the everything but as soon as I turn it off the house drops to 11.8 or so. The solar panel keeps to in the 11's during the day. The dealer came out to our location and decided the BIM is bad again. They don't have one. Does anyone know where I can get one around San Diego?
1) If COACH will charge from engine/ chassis, BIM and solenoid is GOOD; 2) if COACH not charging from CONVERTER (GEN or SHORELINE) then CHECK (30a) REVERSE POLARITY FUSES AT POWER CENTER, and check for RESET on CONVERTER and/or cycle OFF/ON the tripped 120V BREAKER inputting 120v side of CONVERTER? 3) If lights work w/ low battery, then (12vdc Breaker by battery and (ONE of the two) REVERSE POLARITY FUSES= GOOD.

Battery can need 1-hour to 2 hours/ DAY TO FULLY CHARGE FROM ENGINE AND 4+ hours/ day to FULLY charge from CONVERTER/ GEN. Are you charging long enough? HOPE THIS HELPS?
Old 02-01-2022, 10:13 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenne1713 View Post
1) If COACH will charge from engine/ chassis, BIM and solenoid is GOOD; 2) if COACH not charging from CONVERTER (GEN or SHORELINE) then CHECK (30a) REVERSE POLARITY FUSES AT POWER CENTER, and check for RESET on CONVERTER and/or cycle OFF/ON the tripped 120V BREAKER inputting 120v side of CONVERTER? 3) If lights work w/ low battery, then (12vdc Breaker by battery and (ONE of the two) REVERSE POLARITY FUSES= GOOD.

Battery can need 1-hour to 2 hours/ DAY TO FULLY CHARGE FROM ENGINE AND 4+ hours/ day to FULLY charge from CONVERTER/ GEN. Are you charging long enough? HOPE THIS HELPS?
Yes it does help thanks. The batteries come right up to 13volts when I start the engine. I ran the generator for 3 days straight the only time the battery showed over 11 Volts was during the day when the solar was charging. Those fuses did pop and resetting them helped but I’m not sure which ones it was I’ll take pics tomorrow and check all the things you mentioned
Old 02-02-2022, 02:10 PM   #39

Quote:
Yes it does help thanks. The batteries come right up to 13-volts when I start the engine. I ran the generator for 3 days straight the only time the battery showed over 11 Volts was during the day when the solar was charging. Those fuses did pop and resetting them helped but I’m not sure which ones it was I’ll take pics tomorrow and check all the things you mentioned
So if battery (now installed) correctly (??), 30a fuse/s good (w/ solar, you may have a 3rd fuse near/on fuse panel?) If battery cables WHITE/BLACK then BLACK= POS+; IF CABLES RED/BLACK RED= POS+ Still sounds like CONVERTER power not making it to FUSE PANEL?

ONE 30A connects converter to fuse panel; one connects battery to fuse panel, 3rd would be somewhere to connect solar to fuse panel.
Old 02-03-2022, 01:09 PM   #40

I had a bunk converter in my new rig. I realized it has never worked properly. Didn't notice it right away since thanks to the little solar panel up there, the batteries were getting charged during the day. Called up my my dealership, and they gave me a March 15 appointment for service. Ordered a new one on Amazon and we it installed the next day. Should I send the bad one to Progressive Dynamics or just cut my losses?
fnlvr234 is offline   Reply With Quote