Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-26-2022, 02:49 PM   #1

New Jayco Seneca Issues/ Jayco Customer Service

This has probably been hashed out on here numerous times but thought I would start a thread on the issues and non customer service.
Bought a NEW 2022 37K on August 23, 2022. Sent 2 emails on the Jayco Contact Us page with no response. Called and left call back number with no response.

Have used it 2x.
1st time out
A. The ATS would not work. Found a loose neutral wire in the ATS box. (fixed)
B. Entry door comes open while driving (common problem along with the rattle.
C. Water tank does not read % at all.
D. Paint Overspray all over the windshield, bunk window, side windows, Dash Bezel, Dash Lens covering the speedo etc. as well as the grille and air inlet on the hood.
C. Entry Door Trim Missing that covers the screws.
D. Exterior Radio inop (wasn't plugged in) (fixed)
E. Paint has been wet sanded at Factory around cab area and was not buffed, still dull.
F. Cabinet door fell off and had 1 screw in it
G. Front bumper Chrome is flaking.

2nd time out:
A. ABS light on.
B. Coolant leak (lost 1 gallon of coolant in 300 miles)
C. Transmission leak.
D. Engine surges going down the road.

Today I finally got ahold of a real person at Jayco. Hopefully tomorrow I can get ahold of Freightliner for all the mechanicals and get it in there.

Amazing the lack of customer service and issues with a new coach.
aqharoper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 03:35 PM   #2

For all the items listed in your second outing, you need to got to Freightliner for, their warranty covers the chassis. For the other items, have you tried going through your purchasing dealer?

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 03:38 PM   #3

Everything you mentioned in ITEM 1 should have been addressed by the dealer before he even let you pick the coach up. Obviously they did not prep the rig which was something you paid for. Why didn't you go back to the dealer first?
Old 09-26-2022, 06:32 PM   #4

Guys I understand it needs to go to Freightliner As I stated. As far as the dealer, I am 3-4hrs away and after the purchase the service tech that did the walk thru was a 19yo that knew absolutely nothing about the coach.This is my 3rd Super C and my 5th Motorhome. I'll take one on the chin for not looking at it longer, but we traded our other one in and it was 9pm when we did the walk thru and we were leaving the next morning so lesson learned. I called Jayco to see if there was a dealer closer that they could recommend for the Coach work. It took 5 times to finally get an answer.
My comment s were more about the lazy or lack of customer service from Jayco and hopefully help someone else with their walk thru..
Old 09-26-2022, 08:07 PM   #5
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqharoper View Post
Guys I understand it needs to go to Freightliner As I stated. As far as the dealer, I am 3-4hrs away and after the purchase the service tech that did the walk thru was a 19yo that knew absolutely nothing about the coach.This is my 3rd Super C and my 5th Motorhome. I'll take one on the chin for not looking at it longer, but we traded our other one in and it was 9pm when we did the walk thru and we were leaving the next morning so lesson learned. I called Jayco to see if there was a dealer closer that they could recommend for the Coach work. It took 5 times to finally get an answer.
My comment s were more about the lazy or lack of customer service from Jayco and hopefully help someone else with their walk thru..
I'm fairly certain it's not Jayco's call where you get serviced. Many dealers aren't going to get involved fixing what the dealer who made the sell should have fixed. Were I a dealer and you'd driven by me to buy some where else, those repair issues would be their problem, not mine and I'm not going to let the owner or Jayco make it my problem.
Onyrlef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 06:13 PM   #6

So I picked up the Seneca today. It has been at Freightliner for a week. Rear stand pipe was loose causing coolant leak, replaced stand pipe and refilled coolant. Bottom of coach is soaked with coolant and they didn't even clean any off.
Wheel Speed sensors wiring harness rubbed through on frame causing a short tripping the ABS, had to replace wheel speed sensors. They had to repair the rear brake lines as well as they had rubbed through.

They stated they could not find trans leak but had to add a gallon. Got to be going somewhere.
Freightliner would not cover the 1 gallon of trans fluid and diagnostic for leak costing me $252 on a coach that is 4 weeks old and has 4K miles on it. I feel this should have been covered under warranty.

Waiting response from Jayco on the over spray on speedo lense, dash bezel, windows, radio and dash pad.
Also the front bumper flaking
Missing door trim etc.
Old 10-05-2022, 08:04 PM   #7

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I found nearly every coolant clamp on my freightliner was loose. After tightening them I have not had a problem with the engine or chassis. Knock on wood, thank God.

The coach is a completely different story. The paint issues, slides, cab separation, etc. are all common and unfortunately, I have had every known to man/this forum, go wrong with my unit. Each trip we find something else major wrong with it. Constant trips back and forth to our local Camping World have resulted in hair loss, weight gain, and high blood pressure, lol. I gave up and am driving 800 miles back to NIRV to leave it with them for the winter to fix the 18 of 32 remaining documented issues.
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L
Jeepin Jason is offline   Reply With Quote