Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-05-2021, 05:33 PM   #1

New Seneca 37L Owners

My wife and I are in the midst of purchasing a 2020 Jayco Seneca 37L with a little over 6,000 miles. The previous owner wanted something larger and purchased a 45 foot Class A.

We are full-time RV years and are upgrading from a 30 foot Earthbound Goldenridge Trailer. It was a great rig but we wanted something more spacious and substantial.

Three questions:

1) Are there any full-time RV years in the Jayco Seneca Super C World?

2) We have conflicting information on the size of the gray tanks. Some say there are two others one. What can we expect in number and size?

3) Has anyone had difficulty with the front cab separating from the house?

We look forward to being a part of the Jayco Seneca family.

Best,
Jeff and Connie
JeffandConnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 01:30 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffandConnie View Post
My wife and I are in the midst of purchasing a 2020 Jayco Seneca 37L with a little over 6,000 miles. The previous owner wanted something larger and purchased a 45 foot Class A.

We are full-time RV years and are upgrading from a 30 foot Earthbound Goldenridge Trailer. It was a great rig but we wanted something more spacious and substantial.

Three questions:

1) Are there any full-time RV years in the Jayco Seneca Super C World?

2) We have conflicting information on the size of the gray tanks. Some say there are two others one. What can we expect in number and size?

3) Has anyone had difficulty with the front cab separating from the house?

We look forward to being a part of the Jayco Seneca family.

Best,
Jeff and Connie
We recently purchased a 2021 Jayco Seneca 37L back in October. Since we purchase the unit we have taken it to Florida and the Carolina's and back putting just over 3000 miles on it. The wife and I are heading back to Florida in two weeks for another "test run". I can only speak regarding the Front Cap Issue, on our way back from South Carolina we developed a "squeak/rubbing" noise in the area behind the drivers head. Well after we got back and the unit was all winterized I decided to dig into the source of the sound. After reading on many forums and Facebook groups I had a good idea what I was looking for. Upon removing the panel what I found was three out of the four self tapping screws were loose and the holes we starting to become oblong. I ran the screw back in just because they were already there along with adding some rubber isolators which are affixed to the cab and also the fiberglass body panel. This allows the two to still remain attached but ultimately move independently from one another to an extent. Once I added the isolators and new screws I applied 3M 5200 Marine sealant between the panel and the cab as that will create a bond between the two but also remain flexible. One other thing I did while I had the panel removed was to bolt together the front and the side panel as Jayco only affixed the panels with two self tapping screw. Now with a bolt, washers and a lock nut the panels should not separate...... I hope.

The same process was repeated on the passenger side. This was a little more involved as I had to remove the cabinet. It wasn't a huge deal because once you have the cabinet off the wall Jayco coiled up about 4 feet of extra wire underneath so it was simple to slide to the side and have room to work. Just to help muffle the sound as much as possible I lined both the inside fiberglass panels with some extra Dyna-Mat I had left over as it helps with the hollow sound associated with that area being a large void.

I hope this information was helpful.

Jeff & Melissa
Jlink16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 01:34 PM   #3

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlink16 View Post
We recently purchased a 2021 Jayco Seneca 37L back in October. Since we purchase the unit we have taken it to Florida and the Carolina's and back putting just over 3000 miles on it. The wife and I are heading back to Florida in two weeks for another "test run". I can only speak regarding the Front Cap Issue, on our way back from South Carolina we developed a "squeak/rubbing" noise in the area behind the drivers head. Well after we got back and the unit was all winterized I decided to dig into the source of the sound. After reading on many forums and Facebook groups I had a good idea what I was looking for. Upon removing the panel what I found was three out of the four self tapping screws were loose and the holes we starting to become oblong. I ran the screw back in just because they were already there along with adding some rubber isolators which are affixed to the cab and also the fiberglass body panel. This allows the two to still remain attached but ultimately move independently from one another to an extent. Once I added the isolators and new screws I applied 3M 5200 Marine sealant between the panel and the cab as that will create a bond between the two but also remain flexible. One other thing I did while I had the panel removed was to bolt together the front and the side panel as Jayco only affixed the panels with two self tapping screw. Now with a bolt, washers and a lock nut the panels should not separate...... I hope.

The same process was repeated on the passenger side. This was a little more involved as I had to remove the cabinet. It wasn't a huge deal because once you have the cabinet off the wall Jayco coiled up about 4 feet of extra wire underneath so it was simple to slide to the side and have room to work. Just to help muffle the sound as much as possible I lined both the inside fiberglass panels with some extra Dyna-Mat I had left over as it helps with the hollow sound associated with that area being a large void.

I hope this information was helpful.

Jeff & Melissa
This is very helpful! Thanks so much. Maybe our paths will cross in the future.

Best,
Jeff and Connie
JeffandConnie is offline   Reply With Quote