Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-02-2022, 07:25 PM   #1

S2RV / 37M sun shades

Our 37M came new with a foldable sun shade for the windshield and driver/ passenger door windows.

Seems like the magnetic sun shades for the driver/pass door windows go on the outside, and stick with magnets.

The windshield shade goes on the inside and is rigid enough to stay tucked between the dash and headliner.

Are we doing this right? I didn't see a manual for the shade and we've never seen one used before on a Seneca.

Thanks!
22Seneca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 08:46 PM   #2

All of mine go on the inside on my 22. You have to open the door to install them. Kind of a pain.

I ordered the ShadePro windshield cover that goes on the outside. Had one on my last rig and it lasted all 7 years that I owned it.
DonkeyFluffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 08:51 PM   #3

What makes the one that you place on the outside easier/better? Does it take less time to put on? Easier to store? I see a lot of them so there must be an advantage.
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L
Jeepin Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 09:57 PM   #4

Thanks...put the door shades on the inside tonight. Camping where it may rain next weekend and having them inside makes a lot more sense! I wasn't sure if they'd mess with the door seal or anything else, but they seem to fit just fine.
22Seneca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 09:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Seneca View Post
Our 37M came new with a foldable sun shade for the windshield and driver/ passenger door windows.

Seems like the magnetic sun shades for the driver/pass door windows go on the outside, and stick with magnets.

The windshield shade goes on the inside and is rigid enough to stay tucked between the dash and headliner.

Are we doing this right? I didn't see a manual for the shade and we've never seen one used before on a Seneca.

Thanks!
They go inside. The ones for the doors have a small D and P label for drivers or passenger’s side. Open the door attach the shade then close the door.

Putting them outside you have them on the wrong doors.
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 11:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Seneca View Post
Thanks...put the door shades on the inside tonight. Camping where it may rain next weekend and having them inside makes a lot more sense! I wasn't sure if they'd mess with the door seal or anything else, but they seem to fit just fine.
Once you use them a few times it get easier and the windshield one becomes a little more flexible and may sag when just wedging it in there. We found that flipping the visors down against it holds it firmly in place.

The supplied shades are better than any outside shade I have ever used, quick nd easy from the inside. Many times we take the windshield one down for light and the view. Even the outside shades you can see out during the day aren’t the same for light or privacy at night.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote