Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-30-2023, 09:29 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVermont View Post
This will be a hot topic as people either love them or hate them...
I hated the Truma and pulled it out and put in a 10 gallon Suburban as soon as I could.
Instagram @wanderingpeaches
www.youtube.com/@wanderingpeaches
repeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2023, 10:18 AM   #22

On-Demand Water Heater

Thank you so much RVermont!!
Hunter111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2023, 11:28 AM   #23

Our unit came with the Truma, I had read all about the hate of tankless in RV’s but knew ahead of time that is was mainly with the Girard brand. Our first few outings with the Truma I was not liking it much, complaining to Jayco and even asked for panel drawings to see what it would take to swap out to a tanked WH. Researching more, I found out that Jayco only installed the Aquago Basic and that there was a kit to upgrade it to a Aquago Comfort model which makes it so you can decalcify yourself, gives you the option of a Eco and Comfort settings that maintain the small tank (Truma is a Hybrid WH) for freeze protection or faster hot water delivery. I had a dealer install the kit for around $300 and it totally changed the WH. Set on Comfort we would get hot water much faster and after reading Robs thread on the hot water circulation system and adding that I wouldn’t want any other water heater. The Truma has never fluctuated in temperature like you hear others complain about even when taking a military shower to save water. Whatever you choose, if you go with a Truma, make sure you go with the Comfort model.

You get benefits with a hot water circulation system if you have a tanked or tankless WH as it will purge the cold/cool water that is setting in between the WH and the faucet. With a tanked or a Truma Comfort, hot water immediately flows from the unit where as a Girard or maybe other units, only start heating water once the flow starts. One thing I always think is funny that people say tanked is better as you get 6-10 more gallons of water capacity……..once the pump runs dry, you run out of water and that extra 6-10 gallons is stuck setting in the WH tank, unless you want to take the time to drain your tank for that last 6-10 gallons of water
Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2023, 01:17 PM   #24

On demand water heater

Thank you Rustynuts!!
Hunter111 is offline   Reply With Quote